Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Priceline:

bid 4* Ft. Lauderdale beach area for 3 nights Jan.22-25, 2015

Got the B Ocean for $170.00, hotel price $359.00 for this time.

This was my first try - probably over-bid.

This was my first bid -- got a lot of information from here. Hope I did ok for a first time bidder.

Priceline

4* Ft Lauderdale Beach area -- started bid at $120 got B Ocean for $155 + tax=$182 for one night stay on 1/2/2015.

Priceline is one of the better ways to go. Haven't used them pre-cruise, only for city center stays where "any hotel in the center goes".

For direct hotel chosing and similar prices I like to use Travelpony.com, using the link gets you also instant $35 credit. First win!

No spam, see my post count, just helping out each other.

Example; Miami 4/24/14 to 4/27/14 goes for $169 a night for the Intercontinental. Booking.com charges $224.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Priceline is one of the better ways to go. Haven't used them pre-cruise, only for city center stays where "any hotel in the center goes".

For direct hotel chosing and similar prices I like to use Travelpony.com, using the link gets you also instant $35 credit. First win!

Example; Miami 4/24/14 to 4/27/14 goes for $169 a night for the Intercontinental. Booking.com charges $224.

Got the Intercontinental through Priceline for $102 a night, late april. Express Deal, 4 star hotel, downtown. Beat Travelpony this time..

Thanks for the tip! I just got the Best Western Bay Harbor in Tampa w/ two beds for $80 total!!! That's at least $40 less than any other site or discounts I could find. And I love the free cancelation policy!

Gina

Thanks for the tip! I just got the Best Western Bay Harbor in Tampa w/ two beds for $80 total!!! That's at least $40 less than any other site or discounts I could find. And I love the free cancelation policy!

Gina

You're welcome, this is what we are here for on CC! :D

Just booked a real good deal on a pre-cruise hotel at the EB hotel Miami – it is highly rated on Trip Advisor at #1 in Miami Springs. It is 1 mile from the Miami airport and 8 miles from the Port of Miami (15 minute cab ride for around $25).

Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com all have it at $239 per night. Priceline shows it at $209. Tried a bid on Priceline for $100 without success. Then I found it at Last Minute Travel for $109 per night. But, calling the number listed (1-800-442-0568), I got it for $98 (+$15.48 taxes) per night.

So, if you are looking for a place to stay before the cruise, you may want to check it out.

Booked today - I used the Priceline Express Deals for 4*

I picked Ft Lauderdale - area 4 - Ft Lauderdale beach area

Got 2 nights at B Ocean 1/31/15 - 2/2/15 $308 + tax = $355.50

I added the $5 per night cancellation protection also...just in case.

Hope I did ok...we'll see!

We just did Hotwire 2* with AIRPORT SHUTTLE, FREE BREAKFAST, WIFI, POOL, BUSINESS CENTER, LAUNDRY, SMOKE FREE, and got the Red Roof Inn at MIA.

We are staying 1-8-15 thru 1-11-15 and paid:

$61/night X 3 = $183

Taxes = $ 38.66

- Mobile Disc = - $ 25.00

Total = $196.66

We will be renting a car from Family Auto Rental MIA (who had the lowest price) so we do not plan on staying at the hotel to much. For the 3 days renting a compact was $94 total, out the door.

Woo Hoo....thanks so much for the tip....I wanted InterContinental Miami for July 4th....I kept checking and the only price I could get was $244 plus tax....just booked thru TravelPony...$109-$35=$89 plus tax...so excited!!

It is a pre-cruise stay so I did not want to spend a lot of money for 1 night!!

Hotwire - 11/15/2014

Ft Lauderdale 3.5 Star

Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades Area

Riverside Hotel

2 Rooms Booked

$85 per room = $170 + $34.52 taxes/fees = $204.52

We stayed here last year and loved this hotel and area. $85 is a bargain!

• 3 weeks later...
Woo Hoo....thanks so much for the tip....I wanted InterContinental Miami for July 4th....I kept checking and the only price I could get was $244 plus tax....just booked thru TravelPony...$109-$35=$89 plus tax...so excited!!

It is a pre-cruise stay so I did not want to spend a lot of money for 1 night!!

How exactly do you get the $35 credit? Where does it appear in the booking process?

• 2 weeks later...
It appears Travelpony just recently added the $200 restriction. The $35 is still a nice start!

It will be applied when finishing your booking.

I noticed the minimum fee at Travelpony when I used it back on April 28th, but I still saved more money than bidding at sites like Priceline.

How exactly do you get the $35 credit? Where does it appear in the booking process?

If you or any other CCers are still looking for a hotel through Travelpony with the free $35 credit on $200 or more, here is another $50 off on purchases of $500 or more with promocode MEMDAY14 on bookings made by Memorial Day.

Just got that one in the mail this morning. Enjoy!