Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

What amenities was listed for The Pillers on hotwire?

Thanks, Paul

Free parking, free internet, pool(s), restaurant(s).

Just checked, and the same star rating, and 100% recommended is now $233, only 1 left. There were 2 left when we booked.

Free parking, free internet, pool(s), restaurant(s).

Just checked, and the same star rating, and 100% recommended is now $233, only 1 left. There were 2 left when we booked.

Thanks. We are going two weeks earlier and that one is not showing yet. There is a 4.5 star with a 95% recommended which I believe is the Atlantic Hotel and Spa for $240

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying Priceline for $90 down to a 3.5 star for April 15 next year and not having any luck at all. Am i trying too far out? Any guidance would be really appreciated. It seems that the hotels certainly charge a premium for being near the Port of Miami.

I have been trying Priceline for $90 down to a 3.5 star for April 15 next year and not having any luck at all. Am i trying too far out? Any guidance would be really appreciated. It seems that the hotels certainly charge a premium for being near the Port of Miami.

Remember, April is still considered spring break. Book one you can cancel & keep trying Priceline

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

We're staying one night at the Renaissance through my Priceline bid. The $91 bid turns out to be about $10 cheaper than booking directly with the hotel. The hotel had a $108 prepay rate available that works out to be $119 after tax. The $91 Priceline bid is $109 with tax and fees.

The hotel is currently undergoing renovations to rooms on empty floors according to its website. The work is supposed to stop by 6 p.m. on each Friday night, which is when we'll be there.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently did a search for a hotel in December. We searched for a 3 *beach hotel in the Express deals. When I clicked on "what hotel is this" there were examples of 3* hotels in the area.

When I did more research I found out that 1 hotel that was listed was a clothing optional Gay hotel, one was a gay only hotel and one was a adult only hotel.

None of these would work for my grandson and I.

So I emailed PL and they told me in a nutshell that there was a chance I could get one of these hotels. I have been using PL for years and never got a "non kids Hotel".

I tryed to call PL but could not get a breathing person.

Just thought I would share.

I recently did a search for a hotel in December. We searched for a 3 *beach hotel in the Express deals. When I clicked on "what hotel is this" there were examples of 3* hotels in the area.

When I did more research I found out that 1 hotel that was listed was a clothing optional Gay hotel, one was a gay only hotel and one was a adult only hotel.

None of these would work for my grandson and I.

So I emailed PL and they told me in a nutshell that there was a chance I could get one of these hotels. I have been using PL for years and never got a "non kids Hotel".

I tryed to call PL but could not get a breathing person.

Just thought I would share.

Hahaha! Yes, Wilton Manors is very gay but I think they would refund your money if you got one. You could go through the hotel.

When PL gives you "examples" of hotels in a certain category, there is no guarantee that you will get even one of those. They are there just to show the kind of property/amenities one would get.

I would be SHOCKED if PL handed out known gay or clothing optional hotels and not offer to change it if requested. It would be an unusual business/PR move for sure. :rolleyes:

Lots of people here are familiar with PL and hotels they use most often. Perhaps you would want to share the date, location, star level, amenities offered etc and get some advice. Especially if you have a child.

I have never used the express hotels as I think there are probably more hotels in that pool. The number that participate in the bidding pool are fewer and pretty regular. Using betterbidding.com will help you a ton on that bidding hotel list.

Perhaps you could try pricing hotels with Last Minute Travel Club....you know exactly what hotel you're booking...no guessing. They usually are always offering free membership when you go through the online sign up process..We have used them often and so have many on these boards for great rates. Best of luck !

www.lmtclub.com

I consider myself a PL expert.

I understand the free bid strategy and I do use biddingfor travel. Though lately it has been slow. The sticky on top of the page of this forum is helpful too.

I believe if I was to talk to someone breathing that I would get a different answer. The replies from my emails were from people with non US names.

I will continue trying to bid and keep everyone posted. I am not leaving until December so I am being very patient.

I think there are very few beachfront hotels that are gay. Most of the oceanfront property in that area are condos. Most of the inns are off the beaten path.

The Priceline beach area goes from the ocean to the intracoastal. There are at least 5 gay resorts in the north beach area south of Bonnet House.

Why o why did I clicked this thread? My adware will go insane now, tracking cookies will bombard me with gay cruises and hotel ads. :eek: Heheh :)

OP, can we provide you with some rates from known hotels? Got a date?

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Why o why did I clicked this thread? My adware will go insane now, tracking cookies will bombard me with gay cruises and hotel ads. :eek: Heheh :)

OP, can we provide you with some rates from known hotels? Got a date?

hahaha:D

12/3/14-2 rooms for 3 nights. We would like to be on the beach. I am shying away from bidding 4 * because

I do not want to get pier 66-its not on the beach.

As i stated there was also clothing optional and adult only-hotels listed on the "express" examples and the PL reps could not assure me that one of these might be the hotel I get.

Edited by harry0

Lets see, going to compare them with the help of Biddingtraveler.com's win list. Some last wins go back to 2011.. so no guarantees.

Priceline, Fort Lauderdale beach area Zone 5, 3 star:

Ocean Sky Hotel And Resort

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach- A Doubletree By Hilton

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn

Gallery One Fort Lauderdale, A Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel

Zone 5, 3½ star:

Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beachplace Towers

Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach

Zone 5, 4 star:

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

B Ocean Fort Lauderdale

The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel

Il Lugano Suite Hotel

W Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa

On your dates I've found the following Priceline hotels, quoted prices per night per room and total per room on Travelpony:

3 star:

Ocean Sky Hotel and Resort;

Standard King $115 + $13 taxes/fees $384

Standard 2 Double Beds $115 + $13 taxes/fees $384

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach, DoubleTree by Hilton;

Courtyard View $135 + $15 taxes/fees $450

Partial Ocean View $159 + $18 taxes/fees $531

Ocean Front View $185 + $21 taxes/fees $618

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn;

Standard 2 Beds

Hot Breakfast Included $119 + $14 taxes/fees $399

Gallery One Fort Lauderdale, A Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel;

no rates

3½ star:

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach;

Standard - 1 Bed $165 + $19 taxes/fees $552

Standard - 2 Beds $165 + $19 taxes/fees $552

Ocean View - 2 Beds $191 + $22 taxes/fees $639

Ocean View - 1 Bed $191 + $22 taxes/fees $639

King Suite - 1 Bed $191 + $22 taxes/fees $639

King Suite - 2 Beds $191 + $22 taxes/fees $639

Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beachplace Towers;

no rates

4 star:

Hyatt Regency Pier 66;

skipped that by your request

B Ocean Fort Lauderdale;

Standard $155 + $18 taxes/fees $519

Deluxe $178 + $20 taxes/fees $594

The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale;

no rates

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel;

no rates

Il Lugano Suite Hotel;

Standard Deluxe - 1 Bed

Continental Breakfast Included $165 + $19 taxes/fees $552

W Fort Lauderdale;

no rates

Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa;

Standard - 1 Bed $245 + $27 taxes/fees $816

Standard - 2 Beds $245 + $27 taxes/fees $816

Deluxe - 2 Beds $265 + $30 taxes/fees $885

Deluxe - 1 Bed $265 + $30 taxes/fees $885

Partial Ocean View - 2 Beds $287 + $32 taxes/fees $957

Partial Ocean View - 1 Bed $287 + $32 taxes/fees $957

And that concludes the long shadow list. :)

Other finds with cheap rates:

Ocean Manor, Standard $112 + $12 taxes/fees $372

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, Standard - 1 Bed $158 + $18 taxes/fees $528

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, Studio Suite - 1 Bed $183 + $21 taxes/fees $612

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, Ocean King - 1 Bed $139 + $16 taxes/fees $465

Good luck! I am almost convinced no other party, perhaps LMT, can beat those rates. :)

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Freestyle

Thanks for the info-I will keep you posted(might be a while).

I just checked the site tonight-the first 3 examples for 3*

1. Adult only

2. All male Gay resort

3. Clothing optional Male gay resort.

I never heard of anyone getting one of these hotels but I think it needs to be pointed out that there are Priceline reviews on these places.

Freestyle

Thanks for the info-I will keep you posted(might be a while).

I just checked the site tonight-the first 3 examples for 3*

1. Adult only

2. All male Gay resort

3. Clothing optional Male gay resort.

I never heard of anyone getting one of these hotels but I think it needs to be pointed out that there are Priceline reviews on these places.

Weird, I am not getting any (ok, just 1 gay resort on page 3 and it had it in the name) of the Priceline hotel list of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Could be me, using an foreign IP?

As above said; perhaps you got joked, hacked or something..

First give it a try in an incognito/private browser and don't use your bookmarks as someone may have tempered with those. Just type in the correct Priceline adress. Watch where it will take you. Don't log in, just pretend to be a new, fresh client looking for decent 3 star hotels.

Is that any different from your previous cookied, logged in, perhaps went there by bookmark experiences? Then clean the cookies, wipe your browser blank, don't use any toolbars or addons, run some adaware/anti malware.

I got a bunch of the gay resorts when I clicked on "express deals". They would be totally inappropriate for most travelers, so I would avoid the express deals. It's hard to believe that Priceline would do this with deals that they don't reveal until you agree to pay, but they really did. :eek: What's next? Swingers resorts and resorts aimed at preschoolers?

Edited by royalcruz

Priceline will in fact refund hotel if there is a problem and do not think they would offer an adult only etc hotel on their express deals.

Early this year I had "won" the Trump National Doral Miami. When I saw on Tripadvisor that it is still under construction I emailed Priceline with the link and they did give me a refund.

Nowadays I like LMT. If you join the club as ASHLAND has mentioned (free code on their website) you can see what hotel is offered and can go to tripadvisor and check the hotel before deciding to book.

Gallery One Fort Lauderdale is showing for $98 for Dec .

I got a bunch of the gay resorts when I clicked on "express deals". They would be totally inappropriate for most travelers, so I would avoid the express deals. It's hard to believe that Priceline would do this with deals that they don't reveal until you agree to pay, but they really did. :eek: What's next? Swingers resorts and resorts aimed at preschoolers?

Wow glad someone else experienced this. I dont like the idea that these hpotels are in the system-unless they come up with different bidding filters ie-Gay, adult only-etc. I will be moving to LMT or Hotwire