Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

I stayed there last January for a pre-cruise night (when it cost about $60 more on a weekend night), I thought it was fine for a short stay. It is the former Comfort Inn (it was changing brand & signage when I stayed there.) It's older, but the room I had was clean & comfortable and I thought it was fine for a short stay. I used the shuttle from airport to hotel, then shuttle to cruise port the next day. Enough place within walking distance for a meal (I went to a nearby diner-type restaurant for dinner, there's also a McDonald's & other fast-food next door.) Hotel has a basic breakfast included, also a small bar on premises. I think at that price you did fine.

$127 12/27 pre-cruise on priceline express deals. Everything I had been searching was over $200 pre cruise. We have a rental car to return to the airport, so this should work perfect for us.

Is there a free shuttle to the port if your turning in a rental car from the airport?

Anybody booked a FLL beach hotel in Januiary 2015, wondering what the going rate is?

And I am looking for February, Fort Lauderdale...

Check any of the online hotel booking sites and plug in your dates. You will see all sorts of hotels pop up with prices. Narrow it down by how close you want to be to the airport and/or cruise port and the star rating you desire to get a better idea. Hotel prices can vary wildly by just a few days due to conventions, holidays, etc.

Both of those months are during the high season so you can expect to pay premium rates. If you are willing to risk not knowing what your hotel will be and just get a guaranteed star rating and general location then you can save a bunch by using a bidding site such as Priceline, as long as you understand the bidding process. I like Priceline Express where you can still save a lot but you also have the benefit of seeing the hotel's actual amenities and if they are a customer favorite or not. Be aware that most of these sites are non-refundable. There are other sites that can save you money such as LMT.com. Compare them all before making your decision.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Just booked a pre-cruise hotel with Priceline (NYOP) for my Jan 11th cruise on Carnival Breeze.

3* - Miami Airport - Courtyard Miami Airport - $90

Flying in late on Saturday, so I wanted to save the money on a taxi by staying at a hotel with an airport shuttle. This fits the bill and then some.

Just booked the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center for Jan. 31, 2015: $182 plus tax on valuetrips.com. First time we've used this service and I'm pleased that we knew before we booked which hotel it was and that we'll get two beds. Unlike our experience with Priceline.

Booked the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-six for $92 with a 10% off coupon code ($102 before code) with the Priceline Express Deals. I chose the Fort Lauderdale Beach area on the map and was disappointed with this hotel assignment because I figured that when I booked a "beach" hotel that it would actually be on a beach and not just on the intercoastal waterway, but that's what you get when you book these kinds of deals. From looking at the hotel's website it looks like I saved around $50 a room so I guess I can't complain too much.

Anyone else ever stay here? Did you like it?

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 in January (Priceline bid). We choose the canal view vs the garden view when given the choice upon check-in and enjoyed it very much - fun to sit on the balcony, read a book, watch the birds and passing scene. Fairly standard room configuration but a really comfy bed with very nice pillows and linens. I think they've tried to create an urban oasis in the central courtyard with well kept grounds, nice pool, and bar (limited menu for nibbles). We walked over the bridge to the Hilton for cocktails one evening, Walgreens (?) the next day to pick up lotions etc for the cruise, and got lovely views of the port. I don't think we would have stayed there normally, but via Priceline bid it was a happy experience.

Hi

Would like a hotel in Ft Lauderdale Beach area, Cambria Suites, Embassy Suites or Hyatt etc.

Not concerned about a shuttle to Port Everglades but require free parking for the cruise

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Lou

Hi

Would like a hotel in Ft Lauderdale Beach area, Cambria Suites, Embassy Suites or Hyatt etc.

Not concerned about a shuttle to Port Everglades but require free parking for the cruise

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Lou

Don't use Pl or HW to book if you need cruise time parking. The room is all that is guaranteed. The hotel can add a parking fee at will. Book with stay123.com or parksleepfly.com Good rates with parking and no guessing.

Looking for a hotel near the airport with free airport shuttle...how do I bid for this on Priceline?

I have been calling hotels and 3 are sold out. I have a reservation at Holiday Inn Express on Federal Way but it is more than I want to pay.

This is for 1 night on Jan 30th.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Looking for a hotel near the airport with free airport shuttle...how do I bid for this on Priceline?

I have been calling hotels and 3 are sold out. I have a reservation at Holiday Inn Express on Federal Way but it is more than I want to pay.

This is for 1 night on Jan 30th.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can't bid on a hotel and have 100% certainty that they will have a free shuttle. You can however, go to Priceline express deals and check out amenities that the properties have. For your date, the cheapest available is a 1 star for 119 and a 2 star for 127, each plus taxes and fees. Another choice that is available is the Super 8 in Dania Beach that is available on their website for 126.65 + tax. Good luck.

Hi I just got the westin diplomate hollywood beach from the 13 nov till the 15 nov 2014 on hotwire for 122.14 a night total with taxes 289.81 canadian this is 4* resort and spa this is half price from original price we are verry happy:

Great deal, beautiful hotel. Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app