Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

I had no problems getting an appropriate hotel. I searched under FLL - Airport (FLL). 3 star.

Priceline Express Deal.

Hyatt Place - 5/8/15 - One night - $74. total price with taxes, fees and $5 Trip Protection (purchased since it is so early) - $95.

Free parking, free wifi, free breakfast. I'm happy.:)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I had no problems getting an appropriate hotel. I searched under FLL - Airport (FLL). 3 star.

Priceline Express Deal.

Hyatt Place - 5/8/15 - One night - $74. total price with taxes, fees and $5 Trip Protection (purchased since it is so early) - $95.

Free parking, free wifi, free breakfast. I'm happy.:)

do you know how far that is from the princess cruise port ??

Blue, don't you think that if Priceline assigned one of those hotels that we would have heard about it here?!? :D

Agree. I've checked a few other sources and have found nothing, including this:

Hotels in Miami on Priceline: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/hotelinventory/priceline/fl/miami

Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale on Priceline: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/hotelinventory/priceline/fl/fort-lauderdale

Thx for making me laugh, to the person who reminded us that our ads are tailored to the content we browse on the internet :-) Had a good chuckle when I read that.

Hi There!

Please continue your bid discussions here.

The last few winning bids:

lastminutemama:

Day of bid Weston beach resort $100. Cheapest online was 215+ fees so I'm happy with it

Rocketlady

bids

I think the best advice for priceline or any other source is to go for the 4 or 5 star hotels and bid. We got the Westin for $100. I should of bid lower but didn't. We got a beautiful room and we felt safe. We had to pay for a taxi to

the ship but it beats waiting on shuttles. You end up stopping at every hotel on the way. And when we got off the ship one year it took over 2 hours to get the shuttle to go for a five min. trip to the airport.

Important to me was the safety and close to things to see and do the day before we left for the ship. Weston was on the ocean side and walking distance

to go shopping and find other places to eat at.

Jayfo

Again!

Thought I would try my luck for my other upcoming cruise and hit the Sheraton Beach Ft. Lauderdale again on PL.

4*, Beach Zone

Wed, Dec 4th, 2013 one night

Bid $70 accepted on the first try.

Jayfo

4* Sheraton Ft Lauderdale

8/23/13, Friday, one night

Started at 4 * $70 beach zone, rejected. Rebid $72, kept my bidding at 4* but added other 3* areas. Rejected again, jumped up my rebid to $80.

Won the Sheraton. I had a backup reservation at Bahia Mar for $138 a night I'll be canceling now so I'm pretty pleased. I was hoping for Hyatt Pier 66 again but I'll try this & see what happens.

We will have a rental car would you turn it in before cruise morning and take a taxi to the port from there and is that what you did if so what was the cost of taxi and do the have a shuttle from airport? Thank

Hi There!

Please continue your bid discussions here.

The last few winning bids:

lastminutemama:

Day of bid Weston beach resort $100. Cheapest online was 215+ fees so I'm happy with it

Rocketlady

bids

I think the best advice for priceline or any other source is to go for the 4 or 5 star hotels and bid. We got the Westin for $100. I should of bid lower but didn't. We got a beautiful room and we felt safe. We had to pay for a taxi to

the ship but it beats waiting on shuttles. You end up stopping at every hotel on the way. And when we got off the ship one year it took over 2 hours to get the shuttle to go for a five min. trip to the airport.

Important to me was the safety and close to things to see and do the day before we left for the ship. Weston was on the ocean side and walking distance

to go shopping and find other places to eat at.

Jayfo

Again!

Thought I would try my luck for my other upcoming cruise and hit the Sheraton Beach Ft. Lauderdale again on PL.

4*, Beach Zone

Wed, Dec 4th, 2013 one night

Bid $70 accepted on the first try.

Jayfo

4* Sheraton Ft Lauderdale

8/23/13, Friday, one night

Started at 4 * $70 beach zone, rejected. Rebid $72, kept my bidding at 4* but added other 3* areas. Rejected again, jumped up my rebid to $80.

Won the Sheraton. I had a backup reservation at Bahia Mar for $138 a night I'll be canceling now so I'm pretty pleased. I was hoping for Hyatt Pier 66 again but I'll try this & see what happens.

Sorry this was FLL you are talking about is it close to the Hard Rock

Miami 3* Downtown

LMT Club

1/18 - 1/19

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

$136 plus taxes

Cheaper that our stay last year at the Courtyard Downtown and also cheaper than our last stay at this hotel. Love to be across from Bayside Market, so we are happy!

• 2 weeks later...
I just scored Embassy Suites ft lauderdale for 91.50 per night on lmt club. Is this a good deal? In September.

Anything under $200 for the ES is a good price. Take advantage of the great breakfast including cooked to order eggs and the evening Happy hour with drinks for 2 hours.

5/8/15 - Hyatt Place $74 on Priceline Express Deals. I usually don't even look this far out, but curiosity got me. When I saw that price for a 3 star, with a 8+ customer satisfaction and listed as a Customer Favorite I grabbed it. I did an elimination with the amenities and was able to guess that it was HP. I am very satisfied with that price. Now I'll stop looking.:rolleyes:

I just got the 2* Extended Stay America SE 17th St for $48 (Total $60 with tax/fees) for 9/5/14 on Priceline Express Deals. It has excellent reviews and good rating. Very pleased with this as we only needed a place to sleep the night before our cruise.

Edited by Chillidog

I just scored Embassy Suites ft lauderdale for 91.50 per night on lmt club. Is this a good deal? In September.

Wow that is a great deal:) I got it for 119.00 a night in September but have since canceled. Enjoy!

Reader

What did you put into the search on Priceline to get the Embassy Suites? Looking for March 2015.

Flying in from Vegas Oct. 22, 2014...booking.com had quality inn 2520 stirling for 85 bucks total....seemed fair and reviews were above average. Looking on google earth, is this the former COMFORT INN?

Really just need late afternoon arrival, a light dinner nearby (which it seems to have plenty of options close and then shuttle or taxi to port) and quiet sleep.

Any feedback regarding this property...shuttle to pt. everglades terminal etc would be appreciated. Thank you

Flying in from Vegas Oct. 22, 2014...booking.com had quality inn 2520 stirling for 85 bucks total....seemed fair and reviews were above average. Looking on google earth, is this the former COMFORT INN?

Really just need late afternoon arrival, a light dinner nearby (which it seems to have plenty of options close and then shuttle or taxi to port) and quiet sleep.

Any feedback regarding this property...shuttle to pt. everglades terminal etc would be appreciated. Thank you

The link below is from Tripadvisor. The hotel has a 3.0/5 rating and only a 51% thumbs up.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d84582-Reviews-Quality_Inn_Suites_Airport_Cruise_Port_South-Hollywood_Florida.html

On the other hand, the Rodeway Inn and Suites is rated 3.5/5 and has a 63% thumbs up. They also have included shuttles from the airport and also to the cruise ship. Finally, you can reserve it for only 70.65 on LMTClub for 10/22/14.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d601614-Reviews-Rodeway_Inn_Suites_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_Cruise_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Good luck

The link below is from Tripadvisor. The hotel has a 3.0/5 rating and only a 51% thumbs up.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d84582-Reviews-Quality_Inn_Suites_Airport_Cruise_Port_South-Hollywood_Florida.html

On the other hand, the Rodeway Inn and Suites is rated 3.5/5 and has a 63% thumbs up. They also have included shuttles from the airport and also to the cruise ship. Finally, you can reserve it for only 70.65 on LMTClub for 10/22/14.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d601614-Reviews-Rodeway_Inn_Suites_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_Cruise_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Good luck

I just signed up for LMTClub. I do not see option for Rodway Inn. Am I just Blind, or do options change daily? I am currently booked to cruise out of HOU. But am considering changing my ship to FLL if I find that I can make the expenses for hotel and other incidentals not be too much more. Any tips would be great. A hotel that offers shuttle from airport and to cruise port sounds awesome in my book!

I just signed up for LMTClub. I do not see option for Rodway Inn. Am I just Blind, or do options change daily? I am currently booked to cruise out of HOU. But am considering changing my ship to FLL if I find that I can make the expenses for hotel and other incidentals not be too much more. Any tips would be great. A hotel that offers shuttle from airport and to cruise port sounds awesome in my book!

Yes the inventory varies on a daily basis and the rates change drastically depending upon the time of year. A property during the summer or early fall can easily be 2-3 times as much during the Jan-Feb high season when rooms are at a premium. Many properties in the FLL area are already sold out for Saturday 1/24 when we needed a room. What is the date you're looking for?