So please tell me -- Why Celebrity?

kms8066

The crowd runs a little older but much depends on the length of the cruise and the ports. Short or Caribbean cruise tend to run younger.

Why Celebrity? For many reasons

• Good food
  • Making every guest feel special
  • Love the almost no smoking policy
  • Enjoy the interaction of the crew and officers with the guests
  • Laid back and relaxed cruise. Do as much or as little as you want
  • We find the other passengers like minded but varied enough to be interesting
  • Did I mention the food?
  • Nice cabins and great public areas
  • Fewer children or at least fewer visible children
  • More fined environment
  • Only one announcement a day, no 'gold by the inch' sales pitches

I like the size of the ships and the demographics they cater to, while they do have children they do not "play towards families" with slides, outdoor movies, climbing walls etc..

They have an emphasis on better food

I have sailed them twice and feel I got good value for my money.

I would probably cruise with Azamara cruise lines if Celebrity was not around. I personally avoid any Carnival owned cruise lines, goes back over 20 years to a bad honeymoon, but I have been known to harbor grudges for a long time. In the 20+ years since I have not seen a lot to tell me I am wrong.

The crowd runs a little older but much depends on the length of the cruise and the ports. Short or Caribbean cruise tend to run younger.

• Good food
  • More fined environment

All true .Then add to these the very best perks in the entire cruise industry & takes 5 cruise credits to get to Select Captains Club level & 10 cruise credits to get to Elite (top tier). all the benefits from Classic ,Select ,& Elite are listed under the Captains club click on link on Celebrities web site :D:D:D

Another big benefit is the spacious space ratio between guests in the public areas .Celebrity has one of the better space ratios than all other main line cruise line except Cunard & they are about the same as Holland America:D

As a ex smoker for 25 years now I love the fact that we don't have to breathe in 2nd hand (very injurious to good health) smoke ;because Celebrity has a very strong no smoking policy for all inside & balcony areas on their ships .Just one side of the outdoor pool area allows smoking:D

There are manty other advantages as the healthy food in the Aqua Café .We get seared Ahi Tuna at lunch time . you can eat breakfast & lunch in the Aqua Café & it is not only healthy ;but ,very comfortable .

They have fabulous entertainment & dancing . Their Soltice class ships can do Cirque type shows .

we have close to 60 ocean cruises on Carnival ,Princess ,Holland America ,royal Caribbean & Celebrity .We prefer Celebrity over all other cruise lines except Cunard (6 star cruise line ) & that is comparing apples & oranges

Cliff

Why do you love Celebrity? We have done 10 cruises, but only a few cruise lines, and not Celebrity yet. Do tell . . . what do you love about Celebrity? And is it an older crowd, like Princess?

First cruise in 1987, 1st Celebrity in 1992, Princess in 1993, 7 diff lines.

Just off Ruby Princess, ship was beautiful, the crowd was not 'old', service was ok nothing special. Maybe cause a lot of the staff was headed for the Royal, but not an excuse for lack luster attention to detail.

IMHO, this is the main difference X has going for it. Always attention to detail.

For our first cruise, our travel agent first recommended Celebrity after we told her we weren't into raucous nightclubs, roller coasters and 4am whooping in the halls. We had a great time and had an even better time on the second. We see no need to fix what isn't broken. Maybe someday we'll try someone else, but for now, we have no plans to do so.

We're fans because...

• we like the more mature crowd
  • the food
  • the stellar service we've received
  • the beautiful ships
  • what we feel is excellent value for the money

Can I also add the really comfy bed!

We found on our last two Princess cruises, even with an egg crate topper, the bed was not very comfortable.

For our Celebrity cruise we didn't need a topper. Bliss.

DH and I like a more laid back cruise. We feel we get this from Celebrity. We don't need a ton of games to fill our time but they are there if you want them. I like the passenger to space ratio on the ships. I feel like some of the other lines pack a few too many folks on board.

Why do you love Celebrity? We have done 10 cruises, but only a few cruise lines, and not Celebrity yet. Do tell . . . what do you love about Celebrity? And is it an older crowd, like Princess?

I love the almost smoke-free environment, the excellent service, and the lack of stupid pool games involving a member of the cruise director's staff yakking on a microphone poolside for an hour emceeing belly flop contests and what not.

As for an older crowd, maybe Celebrity is slightly older, but overall I haven't found found either Celebrity or Princess to be a significantly "older" crowd, and certainly not "geriatric" as some threads would have people believe. As with any cruise line, I think the crowd demographics largely vary more by the itinerary.... cruises longer than a week will naturally draw a crowd heavy with retirees, as many working folks are limited to a week at a time for vacation, don't want to take kids out of school for more that long or at all, or simply can't afford long cruises while paying for mortgages, braces, etc. On the other hand, cruises shorter than a week, and especially weekend cruises, will naturally draw more families with children and more young adults, for reasons listed above, as well as more "party" groups (girls' weekend groups, bachelor/bachelorette parties, etc.)

I have not cruise Celebrity in 15 years but I am booked on a trans pacific cruise with them this fall. Why Celebrity? First it was the itinerary, second was the price. The bonus was the 123 go promotion.

I have cruised all the major market lines and while there are differences my criteria remains the same. Interesting itinerary and value.

For this cruise this fall Celebrity fit. From what I have been reading from the Celebrity loyalists I will enjoy a high quality cruise experience too.

That's my $.02

I love cruising Europe! It feels like I belong there, especially in Italy. I love the water and the mountains...Celebrity has a richness and ambiance that supersedes other cruise lines. You feel it; you know it is for real. Cabins are very tastefully decorated, and yes, the bed is a gentle firmness that keeps the aches and pains away. You will feel the whisper as soon as you unpack..."this is going to be a very special cruise indeed!";) You'll never know if you don't cruise with Celebrity and, you'll be making a big mistake not giving them a chance...

QUOTEMulege

Great room service menus. Full hot entrees. You can order off the MDR menus for lunch and dinner..

----------------------------------------------

:confused: Just wondering if this is for everyone or just for those in full suites?

LuLu

~~~~

QUOTEMulege

Great room service menus. Full hot entrees. You can order off the MDR menus for lunch and dinner..

----------------------------------------------

:confused: Just wondering if this is for everyone or just for those in full suites? LuLu~~~~

During the dining room hours for lunch or dinner, anyone can order off of the menu. :)

• Good food
  • More fined environment

I could live with other cruise lines EXCEPT for the pervasive smoking. When will they finally figure it out ... only 19% of Americans smoke. Celebrity allows it, but they keep it very restricted. People CAN still get their fix, but it doesn't infringe upon anyone else's enjoyment.

During the dining room hours for lunch or dinner, anyone can order off of the menu. :)

Nice to have breakfast served on the balcony. While they don't bring table cloths anymore, we asked our steward and he always brought one.

Archived