Texas finally gets its year round Ship

Was planning on booking a good ol's HOT summer cruise, but nothing is showing up yet.

Guess I will ahve to show a little bit of patience and wait my turn!!!!..

But so glad to have them back FULL TIME!

Just call C&A...they're taking bookings.

This announcement reminds me of a few years ago when RCI home-ported a ship in Baltimore year round. I kind of felt a little pride that we locals did our part to make it happen. :D ;)

OMG OMG OMG, you can imagine how Frank and I feel about this :D

E

I'm just glad I didn't get bad intel...I would have had to change my CC user name!;)

Royal just posted 2015 on the website.

It's a done deal. And I'm off to find another cruise or two! :D

VR,

T Lex

And it's FINALLY up on RCI website!

But just checked deck plans (no change) and the itineraries aren't up yet past April 2014....at least, not on the website. Hopefully, soon.

Who knows, Ms. Cindy, perhaps our paths will cross again! :D

VR,

T Lex

I'm waiting on the deck plans as well. I am curious to see where they are putting everything especially the new floor to ceiling OV rooms.

This is great news. NOS year round out of TX. VOS cruising 4 and 5 nighters all summer and EOS all year out of PC. A new ship, QOS, sailing year round out of NJ. It's good to see RCI putting the Caribbean back in Royal Caribbean.

This is great news. NOS year round out of TX. VOS cruising 4 and 5 nighters all summer and EOS all year out of PC. A new ship, QOS, sailing year round out of NJ. It's good to see RCI putting the Caribbean back in Royal Caribbean.

Ok, Paul, so where is Explorer going? :)

Ah! Good question. Remember when RCI tested Key West by pulling in and out with a Voyager Class ship? EOS will be needing a new home right about time for Majesty to be going bye bye. ;)

Ah! Good question. Remember when RCI tested Key West by pulling in and out with a Voyager Class ship? EOS will be needing a new home right about time for Majesty to be going bye bye. ;)

Send in your turtle with the spycam for some intel.:)

Host Kewelguy posted on another thread that the Explorer is coming to Port Canaveral. There also was a report in the Florida Today that there was an up coming announcement of a third RCI ship in PC. Let the rumors begin!:)

edit: Here's the article:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130429/NEWS01/130429021/Royal-Caribbean-plans-base-third-ship-Port-Canaveral?nclick_check=1

Host Kewelguy posted on another thread that the Explorer is coming to Port Canaveral. There also was a report in the Florida Today that there was an up coming announcement of a third RCI ship in PC. Let the rumors begin!:)

Port Canaveral would be my guess as well.

And it's FINALLY up on RCI website!

But just checked deck plans (no change) and the itineraries aren't up yet past April 2014....at least, not on the website. Hopefully, soon.

Who knows, Ms. Cindy, perhaps our paths will cross again! :D

VR,

T Lex

We just booked May 18, 2014 and Jan 18, 2015 today through our travel agent. She called as soon as she got the e-mail from RCI that it was official. Apparently even though it said N/A under the price column she just selected the category and clicked through and it priced the cabins and returned confirmations. We have a GS both dates - it is about $100 less per person in January than it is in May. The next week in May the price jumped $200 per person higher than our January fare.

May is the Belize, Roatan itinerary and Jan is Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Cozumel.

This long-time Carnival cruiser has a 24 hour hold on an August sailing for a little less than $400 more than what we paid for the Magic last July. I'll pay that to try something new.

I'm so excited! I feel like a new cruiser again. I just have about 22 hours to convince DH to go through with it - or just pull the trigger anyway. ;)

I honestly couldn't even tell you what the itinerary was. And I really don't care. :o

Meredith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty excited about the Navigator coming to Galveston year round, because until now, Carnival was pretty much the only game in town during Sept/Oct.

This year I'm going on the Caribbean Princess instead of the Navigator the first week of December because it's over $300 less as a solo traveler, in a better cabin. I would have preferred to sail in September or October, to space out my vacations a bit better but that wasn't an option with either of my two preferred lines. If I was sailing with someone, choosing the Navigator would be a no brainer, but Princess has much better deals for solos. Hopefully, next time a friend can go with me and we can check out all the fun new things on the revitalized NV.

Archived