Sailing AquaClass for the first time - what should I know?

tuffy0317

Sailing Aqua Class for the first time on the Summit to Bermuda in August. What should I know? Any tips or recommendations are appreciated!

(We've sailed Celebrity previously, just not Aqua Class)

Sailing Aqua Class for the first time on the Summit to Bermuda in August. What should I know? Any tips or recommendations are appreciated!

(We've sailed Celebrity previously, just not Aqua Class)

You won't want to go back to anything else.....there is something so special about dining in Blu. I haven't set foot in the MDR in 2 years now =) The spa showers in AQ are small, but fabulous!

As a side note, make sure that you are in the completely renovated bathrooms on the Summit. We had a problem last summer in which they had not completed renovations in drydock, and we had a bathroom with the AQ-style shower, but everything else was peeling and rusted.

Enjoy!

Michael

You can have them bring cheese and fruit trays instead of the daily canapes.

The Tea is delivered warm so be sure to ask to get large ice buckets or at least two of the regular ones.

There will be a time assigned for your dining on the first evening, you can ignore it. Dining in Blu is open seating.

You'll see everyone has favorite perks of this class. I love the daily teas and the aromatherapy (fragrance reeds)! Also it is so close to the gym,spa and the access to the Persian gardens.

We are also sailing Aqua Class for the first time. My question is, we are assigned a 6:15 dining time, is this for the MDR? Will we be assigned a table in the MDR, and also have open seating in BLU?:confused:

We are also sailing Aqua Class for the first time. My question is, we are assigned a 6:15 dining time, is this for the MDR? Will we be assigned a table in the MDR, and also have open seating in BLU?:confused:

No, if you are in AQ then your dining is automatically scheduled for Blu. If you don't want to eat in Blu, then upon getting on the ship you should make arrangements in the MDR to be assigned a table there. Or you can have your travel agent try to pre arrange a table. This would be the case if you are sailing AQ and you are traveling with friends who are in another category and you want to eat together. If they are in a suite, they can make arrangements to eat in Blu, but otherwise, the only way that you can eat together, short of specialty dining is in the MDR.

Like I said in an earlier post, you will be assigned arriving at Blu at 6:15 for at least the first night. But if that doesn't suit you, don't worry because Blu is open seating, even on the first night.

For me its time well spent in the Persian Garden/and PG steam room

CelebrityCruisesPersianGardenSpa.jpg

as well as the Relaxation room

Celebrity_Solstice_Relaxation_Room_1.JPG

Just remember the Persian Gardens don't look anything like this on the Summit, these are photos from an S-Class ship. The Summit's Persian Gardens have no windows. Also there is no Relaxation Room, Blu however is fantastic.

In early April we booked Aqua for our Nov 2014 B2B on Summit. The travel agent lady on the ship was confused as it only gave her 6:15 as an option. She said to me "you won't believe this but late dining is already sold out". I told her no, that it just says 6:15 but you dine in blue and she said "oh ya". It is like the system requires them to select a time so it defaults to 6:15 but my understanding is Blu is essentially any time dining.

You are scheduled for a fixed time seating to avoid prepaying your gratuities. If the TA or you selected anytime then you would have and to pay them when the final payment was due.

You get complimentary bottled water in your cabin but don't use the big one as you will be charged, even if you have the bev package.

Ask the wine steward in Blu about exchanging the bottle of sparking wine, most will give you credit towards a bottle of wine.

The slippers, tote bag, pen and pad set, and cc holder are gifts, don't leave them.

If you need to wear glasses be sure to learn how to use the shower before taking them off. There is a scald guard on the shower control but you can override it to make the shower hotter.

Usually you can get 1/2 off the cost to dine in a specialty restuarant on the first night when in AQ.

We set sail for our first aqua class cruise in 23 days!! Love this thread and would love more info on the Persian gardens!

It is best to decide for yourself.

We used it once on the M claas but everyday on the S class. Would rather spend time in the T pool. It is a good way to see if you would like a inside cabin. There has been many comments and discussions on it.

Just finished 18 days on the Solstice. We were in Aqua class and ate in

Blu

for the first few days. Then we got sick of it and switched to the MDR for dinners as the food was more interesting and the table mates were much friendlier. Blu has mainly tables for 2 so it is not so social. We used the Persian Gardens once and didn't have the tea or afternoon snacks. So for us Aqua class was not worth the money as all we used it for was breakfast for a few mornings. However it is very quiet if that is what you are looking for.

We respect everybody's right to different opinions but we are AQ addicts.

We love Blu and the more refined atmosphere and better food and service.

I grew up and lived in the DC area for 40 years so my culinary tastes are diverse but I expect excellent service and that's what Blu gives us.

Cruising without AQ just does not interest us...we're spoiled.

Archived