Sailing AquaClass for the first time - what should I know?

tuffy0317

Blu is definitely anytime dining. You go whenever you want.

Anytime? Lunch?

What are the hours? All day?

I thought it was open for breakfast and dinner.

No lunch.

I'm confused.

jls

Anytime? Lunch?

No lunch.

I'm confused.

jls

It's not open for lunch. Breakfast on port days is until 9am and on sea days until 9:30am. Dinner I think is until 9 pm. Since we are not early eaters, can't recall opening hours.

Anytime? Lunch?

No lunch.

I'm confused.

jls

Sorry I did not mean to confuse you. I meant it is anytime dining for

dinner. You go whenever time you want....6, 6:30, 6:45, 7:00, etc.

It is not a "set time for dinner".

No, they are not open all day. They are open for breakfast and dinner

only.

We had the maitre d in Blu arrange for us to eat with friends who had select in the MDR and it was no problem. You can also ask for shrimp cocktail instead of the canapes if you like.

I prefer the persian garden and spa on M class. A better variety of steam on M, plus an especially larger locker room and sauna. T pool is a plus too.

The french toast and vanilla pancakes are both very good at breakfast, and they poach an egg quite nicely. We have sailed aqua twice and are already booked twice more. You also get an extra Cap. Club point. over a standard veranda

I prefer the persian garden and spa on M class. A better variety of steam on M, plus an especially larger locker room and sauna. T pool is a plus too.

marieps.

i am use to doing a spa at an AL resort. You arrive 1/2 hour to 1 hour early. Do a circuit of steam, sauna, various showers and then relax in a relaxation area on loungers before and after your spa treament.

So I can do this on the Constellation ?

thanks in advance.

The various steams and sauna for sure. There's a limited shower variation in where the steam is...then a traditional stall in the locker room.

I believe there are heated loungers on M (I don't use them) but no "relaxation room" per se. I must admit we sailed in a sweet 16 on Connie and only used the Persian garden a couple of times on her. Still I enjoyed it better than the teeny tiny steam room and cramped locker room on S class.

Hope this helps. If anyone has a better recollection of Connie's spa than I do I hope they chime in.

marieps,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will make my spa day work .:)

The whole five day cruise on the Constellation in Aqua class is all about a relaxing vacation.

I am sure you enjoyed your Sweet Sixteen balcony on your cruise.

We have been in Aqua twice on Eclipse and once on Silhouette Love it just for Blu! Booked again for Eclipse 2014 and Equinox 2015.

If you love excessive portions then Blu isn't for you. If you love different tastes, presentation, amazing flavours , relaxed atmosphere and good cooking then it is.

In all these times we haven't tried the Persian Gardens but it looks like we have missed an experience!

Sailing Aqua Class for the first time on the Summit to Bermuda in August. What should I know? Any tips or recommendations are appreciated!

IMO, not worth the SUBSTANTIAL upcharge from a guaranteed veranda. At the time of my booking, $400pp extra. Same room, just a different shower head. Access to Blu wasn't worth the hundreds of dollars extra for an AQ room. I'd sooner spend the money on excursions or specialty restaurants (Murano, is my personal fav)

Anyone have anymore pictures of food in Blu?

No pictures but a question - does Blu on Silhouette offer the strawberry parfait at breakfast? I've been dreaming of having the Eclipse Parfait on our next cruise then realised we will be on Silhouette! Have been making it at home but it's not quite the same!!

Thanks everyone for all the information. I just booked an AQ cabin for my business parter's honeymoon in one month and I have to plan everything for him!!! Both of them are first time cruisers and I really don't have too much time. This thread has been really useful. :) Thanks again

Just finished 18 days on the Solstice. We were in Aqua class and ate in

Blu

for the first few days. Then we got sick of it and switched to the MDR for dinners as the food was more interesting and the table mates were much friendlier. Blu has mainly tables for 2 so it is not so social. We used the Persian Gardens once and didn't have the tea or afternoon snacks. So for us Aqua class was not worth the money as all we used it for was breakfast for a few mornings. However it is very quiet if that is what you are looking for.

I agree with you...we did it once and thought is what "ok"...people rave about Blu...we did not think it was anything special except for the lack of crowds. The water was nice but beyond that, we would not pay for it again. But each to their own!

It is very much a personal choice. I could care less about the shower, the tea, or the water since we buy a package. We enjoy Blu, and find

it can be very social in that the two-tops are so close together.

If the next table over wants to chat (and you can sens it very quickly) then it's very easy to do so.

We also enjoy breakfast much more than herding around the buffet. We also like the PG, and the extra points for CC. We are one of those dreaded Diamond cross overs from RCCL, but have since gained well past the 10 Elite points on our own thanks to AQ and two week cruises.

Really looking forward to additional tiers, but that's a topic exhausted on several other threads.

IMO, not worth the SUBSTANTIAL upcharge from a guaranteed veranda. At the time of my booking, $400pp extra.

It's not always a substantial (or indeed any) upcharge. The only reason I'm sailing Aqua is that it was less than a veranda, and I figured it would be the only time I'd ever get the chance! And since it's only a 5 night cruise, I don't think we'll have time to get tired of it!

Thanks everyone for the info!

It's not always a substantial (or indeed any) upcharge. The only reason I'm sailing Aqua is that it was less than a veranda, and I figured it would be the only time I'd ever get the chance! And since it's only a 5 night cruise, I don't think we'll have time to get tired of it!

Thanks everyone for the info!

We did the same thing.

It was a no brainer, less than a CC or Veranda stateroom on the Constellation in Jan.:D

Archived