Complimentary mini-bar

jamesnnb

I am in a suite, not a mini- suite. How is that different from a full suite? I know I receive a comp. mini-bar...so I cannot exhange it for the coffee card unless I am in a full suite? I didn't realize full suite was a separate cat.. We are not elite cruisers however.

I think when people say FULL suite it is just to distinguish from a MINI suite..so yes FULL suite= suite.

I am in a suite, not a mini- suite. How is that different from a full suite? I know I receive a comp. mini-bar...so I cannot exhange it for the coffee card unless I am in a full suite? I didn't realize full suite was a separate cat.. We are not elite cruisers however.

Red hilites; synonymous.

Anyone getting a full setup can exchange it for 2 coffee cards no matter which accomodation they have. Or their status.

Wondering how princess deals with cruisers who booked 7day b2b vs booked 14day passengers on the same voyage. According to the net you get a free setup once per cruise so if you book 14day you only get it once?

Same for internet and other things. Book 7 days b2b and get 150minutes twice(300 total), if you book 14 day you only get 250? Seems odd but not impossible. :)

It makes no difference. We have done much longer then 14 days...and you still get the same one-time set-up. And if both cruisers in the cabin are Elite you still get only one set-up. Tis a bummer :(

Hank

It makes no difference. We have done much longer then 14 days...and you still get the same one-time set-up. And if both cruisers in the cabin are Elite you still get only one set-up. Tis a bummer :(

Hank

If your 14 day cruise is sold as two sevens, you will get a setup on each leg, even if you booked it as one 14.

If your 14 day cruise is sold as two sevens, you will get a setup on each leg, even if you booked it as one 14.

And thanks to Paul I learned that by contacting Princess they'll give 2 cruise credits on a 14 day booking if it can be booked as two 7 day cruises.

Red hilites; synonymous.

Anyone getting a full setup can exchange it for 2 coffee cards no matter which accomodation they have. Or their status.

There is an Elite CC member on here posting on rollcalls for any cruise he is on trying to sell his coffee cards for $20 each.

Seems kinda tacky to me. Is this acceptable? I give mine away.

Will this happen automatically and if not then who do you contact on board to attempt to convince that this is Princess policy? Is it written anywhere I can point them to?

We just booked 2 14 day Alaska cruisis back to back and each 14 day is also sold as 2 x 7 day cruises.

I would also like to ask you the best way to be sure to be credited a Captains Circle cruise credit for each 7 day sector as you mention in another post.

I was unaware of this. thanks, Griller

There is an Elite CC member on here posting on rollcalls for any cruise he is on trying to sell his coffee cards for $20 each.

Tacky? Yes.

Allowed? As far as I know it is.

Will this happen automatically and if not then who do you contact on board to attempt to convince that this is Princess policy? Is it written anywhere I can point them to?

We just booked 2 14 day Alaska cruisis back to back and each 14 day is also sold as 2 x 7 day cruises.

I would also like to ask you the best way to be sure to be credited a Captains Circle cruise credit for each 7 day sector as you mention in another post.

I was unaware of this. thanks, Griller

You should get the minibar setups without having to ask.

To verify that you got the second cruise credit, look on the Cruise Personalizer. Towards the upper left is a link to your cruise history. It will show one cruise of 14 days and one cruise of 0 days, and a total of 2 cruise credits and 14 days.

You should get the minibar setups without having to ask.

To verify that you got the second cruise credit, look on the Cruise Personalizer. Towards the upper left is a link to your cruise history. It will show one cruise of 14 days and one cruise of 0 days, and a total of 2 cruise credits and 14 days.

If not posted automatically, then just call the Elite CC number;

1-800-788-1699

Tis true. But we did not do back to backs.... And we have done Princess cruises longer then 14 days and its the same thing. Yes, if you are booking back to backs and get different booking numbers you should get a new set-up...and if not, you could certainly make your case at Guest Relations. But when you are doing longer cruises under a single booking number they will not normally give you more then the initial set-up. So for example, if you did the 26 day Sun Princess cruise from Singapore....you would only get a single set-up for that nearly 4 week trip.

Hank

Tis true. But we did not do back to backs.... And we have done Princess cruises longer then 14 days and its the same thing. Yes, if you are booking back to backs and get different booking numbers you should get a new set-up...and if not, you could certainly make your case at Guest Relations. But when you are doing longer cruises under a single booking number they will not normally give you more then the initial set-up. So for example, if you did the 26 day Sun Princess cruise from Singapore....you would only get a single set-up for that nearly 4 week trip.

Hank

Hank,

Are you talking about a cruise that is only sold as 26 days or one that is also sold in shorter segments? If the former, you would just get the one setup, but if the latter, you would get it each leg even if you booked as one cruise.

I don't see why you would think it's tacky. It saves someone from having to pay full price. If you don't like it just don't buy it. Personally, I like to save a few bucks where I can.

Hank

Sun, Dawn and Sea operate differently. On the other ships, if that 26 were also sold as a 12 and a 14 you would automatically get the 2nd setup. And on the 14's, if they are sold as two sevens, you don't need to have booked them separately. You still would get the 2nd setup without asking for it.

I don't see why you would think it's tacky. It saves someone from having to pay full price. If you don't like it just don't buy it. Personally, I like to save a few bucks where I can.

I just think its tacky because we don't pay for them when we get them, and as far as saving someone paying full price then if I give mine to another member then they have saved paying anything for them at all.

I can't see that anyone who is Elite and cruises frequently should be so hard up that they need to sell the freebies for a few bucks.

What's next - selling the laundry privileges?

Hank,

Are you talking about a cruise that is only sold as 26 days or one that is also sold in shorter segments? If the former, you would just get the one setup, but if the latter, you would get it each leg even if you booked as one cruise.

Paul, he's talking about the Sun, which beats to their own drummer.

I just think its tacky because we don't pay for them when we get them, and as far as saving someone paying full price then if I give mine to another member then they have saved paying anything for them at all.

I can't see that anyone who is Elite and cruises frequently should be so hard up that they need to sell the freebies for a few bucks.

What's next - selling the laundry privileges?

Good idea,

I will start a price list...

:D

When the Platinum/Elite internet credit was changed from unlimited to a fixed amount, there were rumors that one very frequent cruiser was selling his access to anyone with cash.

And that's why it was changed. You will be happy to know that the party in question no longer cruises Princess.

I think the reason unlimited was removed was the use of laptops, tablets etc, if it was still unlimited passengers could use the internet all day every day, if you have to go down to the internet cafe, your hardly going to sit there all day.

I think the reason unlimited was removed was the use of laptops, tablets etc, if it was still unlimited passengers could use the internet all day every day, if you have to go down to the internet cafe, your hardly going to sit there all day.

Sorry antsp, but what we stated is fact. There was one person who sold his internet time and this was not a secret. We are going back quite some time, but he was warned and it still continued. Bottom line is that we all lost the unlimited and it had nothing whatsoever to do with having your own equipment.

And that's why it was changed. You will be happy to know that the party in question no longer cruises Princess.

It is the wait staff and cabin steward that are happy about that. Unless they like the Princess pens.

It is the wait staff and cabin steward that are happy about that. Unless they like the Princess pens.

Hey, I love Princess pens. I am looking at 8 of them right now. All new. One of the best trivia prizes. :D