Complimentary mini-bar

jamesnnb

Sorry antsp, but what we stated is fact. There was one person who sold his internet time and this was not a secret. We are going back quite some time, but he was warned and it still continued. Bottom line is that we all lost the unlimited and it had nothing whatsoever to do with having your own equipment.

If this person hadnt done the deed, do you think princess would still have unlimited internet.

If this person hadnt done the deed, do you think princess would still have unlimited internet.

For Elites, it would have lasted many more years. At this point, most likely not, since they eliminated it for the full suite passengers too. Eventually, all abuse has to be eliminated. Like "forever" coffee cards.

I found that teenagers were trying to use the unlimited internet they or their parents had for roleplay gaming 24/7 and that soaked up the bandwidth to the detriment of all passengers.

So that may also have been a factor.

I am in a suite on the Star, and we opted to exchange the mini bar for a bottle of white wine. We received some Mexican brand which my wife thought tasted cheap. If I am ever in this position again, I will exchange for something different

We did the repositioning cruise on the Diamond, from Vancouver to Beijing. Vancouver to Whittier was treated as one cruise and we had a free minibar set up. When we got back to the ship after our day at Whittier there was another free mini bar set up. I asked my steward to change 4 vodkas for brandy and he got it sorted straight away.:)

I asked my steward to change 4 vodkas for brandy and he got it sorted straight away.:)

My experience has been that room service actually makes the exchange so I call them directly without asking the steward to do it for me...I use the same procedure to request wine glasses directly from room service.

When we first board, I call room service to trade out the mini bar items and also ask that they bring 6 wine glasses. That's a good start and if I just drink in my cabin, I wash the glasses and they are good for an entire cruise. Sometimes. :)

When we first board, I call room service to trade out the mini bar items and also ask that they bring 6 wine glasses. That's a good start and if I just drink in my cabin, I wash the glasses and they are good for an entire cruise. Sometimes. :)

Hey Pia! Just wanted to say hi!! (We met you on the Panama Canal cruise in April) Looks like we are on the Emerald right before you are out of FLL - we have a 1/28 sailing and you have the 2/7. Maybe we can meet for lunch in port before you leave or something. Hope all is well!!

• 1 year later...
Many thanks Astro Flyer for this great information.

Hendrika

You're welcome. :)

It's frequently asked so I put the minibar FAQs from the Princess Captain's Circle site into a PDF to share with others.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271055&d=1368407263

Edited by Astro Flyer

Unfortunately this is a link to a Mendenhall Glacier thread. :(

I clicked on the link several times & always get the elite minibar FAQ PDF. :(

Technology isn't always perfect & don't know what could've happened. :confused:

Hopefully this link works:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=270225&d=1367781320

Edited by Astro Flyer

I clicked on the link several times & always get the elite minibar FAQ PDF. :(

Technology isn't always perfect & don't know what could've happened. :confused:

Hopefully this link works:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=270225&d=1367781320

Got it, thanks!

On my iPhone the links go to extremely old threads (2005), the second one links to a roll call. But on my PC desktop they both link to the minibar pdf. :confused: very strange

• 2 weeks later...
You're welcome. :)

It's frequently asked so I put the minibar FAQs from the Princess Captain's Circle site into a PDF to share with others.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271055&d=1368407263

Very helpful, thanks for sharing! We will be in our first suite early next year, and I was curious about this mini-bar setup.

I must say that the offer to exchange ALL of mini-bar contents for ONE bottle of wine seems to be weighted slightly in favor of Princess! ;)

On the sodas, does anyone know if you can exchange the cokes and sprites for ginger ale?

Very helpful, thanks for sharing! We will be in our first suite early next year, and I was curious about this mini-bar setup.

I must say that the offer to exchange ALL of mini-bar contents for ONE bottle of wine seems to be weighted slightly in favor of Princess! ;)

[/color]

On the sodas, does anyone know if you can exchange the cokes and sprites for ginger ale?

Agreed...I did a tally of the listed prices of each mini bottle of liquor and the pops and I think it came to around $90 and the in lieu bottle of wine is valued around $30 if I recall.:rolleyes:

Yes, no problem.

I routinely exchange ours for cans of tonic water and/or ginger ale.

Mike:)

Thanks!

Agreed...I did a tally of the listed prices of each mini bottle of liquor and the pops and I think it came to around $90 and the in lieu bottle of wine is valued around $30 if I recall.:rolleyes:

We prefer wine, but I may be "forced" to have a cocktail or two in the stateroom... :D

Thanks!

We prefer wine, but I may be "forced" to have a cocktail or two in the stateroom... :D

Me too...it is amazing how much better a gin and tonic on the balcony tastes when it is " free" ( yes i know...getting to elite is anything BUT free but still, i can rationalize or so hubby says) :rolleyes:

Has anyone done the mini bar set for coffee card exchange?

I am wondering if the sailing information on the coffee cards is blank so that they can be used on a future cruise.

The last 2 that I got were blank and I hope the 1 of have left will work for teas and brewed coffee on my Sept. cruise.

Edited by dorisis

So if I am reading this right I will receive 2 mini bar set ups on my 4 and 5 day B to B and only one for my 18 day TA, both in a full suite...:rolleyes:

Yes! We only had 1 on our 26 days South Pacific because we were not in a suite. Rules are rules and the mini bar IS a GIFT. Thank you Princess.

I tallied it at about $60 so the coffee cards are about even.

I tallied it at about $60 so the coffee cards are about even.