Live from sapphire prince california coastal

lois1112

Hi everyone.

I am aboard the beautiful Sapphire Princess and am so going to miss her when she moves to Singapore in January.

Embarkation yesterday was a breeze...I was on the ship and in my cabin within a 1/2 of arriving on the ship

Ship looks wonderful.

Only disappointment so far was both Sabatinis and Sterlings are closed the first night for suite passengers only. However, I ate dinner in the buffet (something I rarely do) and it was wonderful and the staff was great.

for the person who asked....Seas are smooth so far (the TV says 1-4 foot swells) Its about 60 degrees outside.........we are headed to San Francisco scheduled to arrive on time (it is 0730 and so far no announcements that we will be any later)

Any questions?

Hope you have a great cruise, we did that same cruise last Oct and had a fantastic time.

One question, why do you say the Sapphire is going to Singapore in January, Princess is selling cruises on her in March 2014 from L.A. into Mexico?

Happy sailings!

I'm booked on the Sapphire March 1 2014 into the Sea of Cortez to see the Whales. She leaves from San Pedro not Singapore. Perhaps she moves to Asia later in the year but I hope not before my cruise.

I'm booked on the Sapphire March 1 2014 into the Sea of Cortez to see the Whales. She leaves from San Pedro not Singapore. Perhaps she moves to Asia later in the year but I hope not before my cruise.

She moves to Singapore for Nov 2014 . For Apr to Nov 2014 they don't have a scheduled posted. Rumor is that she might go to Europe then to Singapore.

Could be chartered out for 6 months.

To the OP, please be careful when disseminating information. If you give the wrong information, as you have, people will start panicking. The Sapphire will be on the West Coast at least through March of 2014. Where she goes after that still remains a mystery.

Cruzsnooze, I would love to do that Mexican Riviera (10-day) cruise. If at all possible, I will take it and meet you onboard!

We just got off the Sapphire..the cruise was great! We had wonderful seas & weather (except maybe Santa Barbara-the sun didn't show up..but still nice! We had a fantastic CC group that bonded so much, we're planning to cruise together again!

Have a wonderful time! We were on Baja deck..Theo was a wonderful cabin steward...

She moves to Singapore for Nov 2014 . For Apr to Nov 2014 they don't have a scheduled posted. Rumor is that she might go to Europe then to Singapore.

Oh, I kind of like this rumor. If she did Europe in the summer of 2014 I would have to just find a way to sail on my favorite Princess ship!:)

Have a friend on this cruise. No problem boarding with four bottles of wine :) There will only be five more San Pedro departures as the Coral, Island, Golden, Star and Sapphire repo to Alaska. Doubt there will be any more "trial runs" until next Fall.

Our friend also checked with the CC Host and even she said she has no idea where the Sapphire will be, BUT we should find out by May 14th at the latest.

Hi everyone.

Only disappointment so far was both Sabatinis and Sterlings are closed the first night for suite passengers only. However, I ate dinner in the buffet (something I rarely do) and it was wonderful and the staff was great.

It seems odd that they were closed. As you may know Suite Guest may dine for no charge, but others usually can dine for a fee. Did you read this, were you told this, or did you just assume that it was for suite guest only?

I heard she will be doing short 4 and 5 night or 3 and 4 night cruises from San Pedro April to Nov 2014... to compete with the Vegas market and introduce new cruisers to cruising.

Hi everyone.

I am aboard the beautiful Sapphire Princess

Any questions?

Thanks so much for going Live! I love reading these!

I would love to know the movies and weather each day!

Thanks and have a BLAST!!!

I heard she will be doing short 4 and 5 night or 3 and 4 night cruises from San Pedro April to Nov 2014... to compete with the Vegas market and introduce new cruisers to cruising.

Could you tell us where you heard this information? If this is true, why in the world would they delay the schedule for these months for so long? They already have shorter cruises scheduled for the beginning of the 2014. This doesn't make sense...can you provide more information?

Can you tell us where you heard the Europe rumor? Seem like a long way to travel then have to travel back to the Pacific for the end of the year schedules that are already released.

Could you tell us where you heard this information? If this is true, why in the world would they delay the schedule for these months for so long? They already have shorter cruises scheduled for the beginning of the 2014. This doesn't make sense...can you provide more information?

Oh if they already have the shorter cruises on other dates, then I have my dates wrong..just heard about the short ones.. to take some of the Vegas clients and put them on a cruise to experience cruising. Heard from our Princess Rep here in Texas.

Have a great trip!

Can you tell us what the wine situation was when boarding?

Thanks.

as far as I can tell no one was checked for wine....we are in San Francisco now and no one is checking here. In San Pedro there were signs but no one checking.

I talked to the future cruise person...she moves Jan. 2014...check and see if they changed the ship

To the OP, please be careful when disseminating information. If you give the wrong information, as you have, people will start panicking. The Sapphire will be on the West Coast at least through March of 2014. Where she goes after that still remains a mystery.

Cruzsnooze, I would love to do that Mexican Riviera (10-day) cruise. If at all possible, I will take it and meet you onboard!

I will check with the future cruise person again...but she verified this

It seems odd that they were closed. As you may know Suite Guest may dine for no charge, but others usually can dine for a fee. Did you read this, were you told this, or did you just assume that it was for suite guest only?

I was told this when I tired to make dinner reservations

Thanks so much for going Live! I love reading these!

I would love to know the movies and weather each day!

Thanks and have a BLAST!!!

it is about 72 and overcast here in SF today..........I know Argo is playing on MUtts tonight...I'll look and see what else is playing

as far as I can tell no one was checked for wine....we are in San Francisco now and no one is checking here. In San Pedro there were signs but no one checking.

Thanks. We are sailing out of San Pedro. I have no problem paying the corkage fee, I just don't want my champagne dumped!

Archived