Favorite Foods on Princess

Luckysll

We've got lots of pictures on the cruise food blog we set up for friends and family:

http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=crown_princess

Favorites: Tiramisu, fettucine alfredo, espresso panna cotta, goat cheese souffle, prime rib, and flourless chocolate cake

Love love love! Princess is my favorite for food!

That fettuccine is darn tasty! Same goes for the escargot, medallions of beef (named differently on different nights?), and many of the soups. I'm not a desert guy but the GF enjoyed every one she tried.

Oh man...I forgot about the Fettucini Alfredo! It is so awesome and the best I have ever had! The only problem is, even when I ordered it as an appetizer, there was so much that I could not eat my dinner!

Would order it every night but just wayyyyy too much food.

We've got lots of pictures on the cruise food blog we set up for friends and family:

http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=crown_princess

Favorites: Tiramisu, fettucine alfredo, espresso panna cotta, goat cheese souffle, prime rib, and flourless chocolate cake

Love love love! Princess is my favorite for food!

Thanks for the photos! Do you remember when they typically put the cheese plate out on the buffet?

Thanks

Dont remember the name of the desert, but it was first served in the Horizon Buffet, and two days later in the International Cafe. Meringue cookie topped with three fresh fruits. Delicious! I would sure love one for Mothers Day.

Pavlovas. I couldn't think of that name last night when I was writing my post.

The twice backed souffle in cheese sauce appetiser in Sabatinis is amazing. The Scalloped potatos in Crown grill and the chocolate pudding in a cup are to die for! In the main dining room - I think it was called Shrimp Diavallo? It was just about my favourite.

Limoncello...don't forget to take the glass

Eggplant..I'll have it as my entree please. Perhaps I shouldn't have the alfredo appetizer with it...well...maybe just a little

Spicy mussels with a side of pasta and wonderful rolls to enjoy the heavenly broth...Limoncello with this for sure

Pizza

Scalloped potatoes and creamed spinach at the Crown Grille

Some of those lovely little sandwiches at the International Cafe..what the heck, they're small, put 2 on there please. It's a long time until dinner.

The twice backed souffle in cheese sauce appetiser in Sabatinis is amazing. The Scalloped potatos in Crown grill and the chocolate pudding in a cup are to die for! In the main dining room - I think it was called Shrimp Diavallo? It was just about my favourite.

I agree, the twice baked artichoke souffle was the best thing I had on my cruise last month.

Picture at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/siegelsdroppings/8653689798/

I'm having trouble posting pictures to my message, guess I need to do some research on how to do it. Any quick tips from those that included the pizza and souffle photos?

Jackie

I agree with some of the folks here and disagree with others.

The Fettuccine Alfredo in the Parmesan bowl was excellent. The Escargot was out of this world.

On Sea Princess we had the fresh-baked-to-order pizza from Cafe Corniche and it was excellent. On Star Princess we had the pizza from the Lido deck and it was pretty lame.

I only tried MDR beef once. I ordered Prime Rib on the Star and sent it back as inedible. They sent another plate and it was just as bad. I gave up and just left it on the plate. I did have some really excellent beef in the Crown Grill but I've been afraid to order it again in the MDR.

I agree with some of the folks here and disagree with others.

The Fettuccine Alfredo in the Parmesan bowl was excellent. The Escargot was out of this world.

On Sea Princess we had the fresh-baked-to-order pizza from Cafe Corniche and it was excellent. On Star Princess we had the pizza from the Lido deck and it was pretty lame.

I only tried MDR beef once. I ordered Prime Rib on the Star and sent it back as inedible. They sent another plate and it was just as bad. I gave up and just left it on the plate. I did have some really excellent beef in the Crown Grill but I've been afraid to order it again in the MDR.

Hear you! We can always find something we like for dinner in the MDR ... but have learned to AVOID BEEF! ;) For beef we go to Crown Grill!

LuLu

~~~~