Just toured Solstice

LdyDDS

I just toured the Solstice while it was docked in San Francisco.......BEAUTIFUL!!! Would love to take a cruise on a Solstice class ship!

I agree...the S class ships are really nice:);):D How did you get to

do a tour?

Actually, I LOVE San Francisco:D......you have some awesome

restaurants;)

I tour Summit tomorrow

Are you part of a group?.....hope you have fun too:) I have sailed

Summit 5 times and am trying to decide which week to sail her to

Bermuda later this summer:D

I just toured the Solstice while it was docked in San Francisco.......BEAUTIFUL!!! Would love to take a cruise on a Solstice class ship!

I meant to go over there and just got caught up in errands today. It was a beautiful day in the city, wasn't it? I would have loved to go over and tour the beautiful Solstice. We were on the Equinox in March and booked on the Solstice in Sept....so that lessens the pain a bit.

Celebrity invited local Captain's Club members and also local people who have a future cruise booked with Celebrity.....really fun....we were able to have small samples from several specialty restaurants and the wine bar. Of course they tried to sell us a future cruise also but it was not a hard core sell. We had fun and it was a beautiful day in SF today. I would like to take a voyage out of SF it is so easy to get to the cruise terminal for us.

So awesome...We are counting the days to our Solstice cruise at the end of August! It will be our 1st time on a Solstice class ship!!!:)

Would love to see some pictures of Solstice in San Francisco!

I haven't been on the Solstice, just Silhouette and yes, the S-class ships are beautiful! I wish they invite us for ship tours here in NY area too. Did they show you the different cabins as well or were they occupied?

We also toured the Solstice today. For those who know both ships, can you give the pluses and minuses of each? Solstice seemed quite large. Does Infinity seem more intimate?

We have been on both multiple times. I think they both feel intimate; but Infinity does feel smaller. I really like the Solstice size and features better though. We are looking forward to sailing on their sisters Eclipse and Summit over the next few months. You can see lots of photos of both Solstice and Infinity on our website, www.thepreismans.com .

Great that you enjoyed "our" Solstice. We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. Plus, doing some pre-cruise options for Cairns/Port Douglas, the Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef, then Kangaroo Island near Adelaide before departing from Sidney’s scenic harbor. And, doing the mid-cruise ship over-night trip to and in Queenstown and then stopping in Hawaii on the way home to break up that long, long flight back. We have a nice and super active roll call going at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1614754

Welcome to any who want to join us for this trip and/or travel along via the web as we get prepared for that "adventure". It isn't too bad of a flight down from SF to Australia. Come join us!!

From the below posting, those interested in this ship can see lots more in order to understand why so many love these Solstice-class ships.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 5,348 views for this shorter version of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

We also toured the Solstice today. For those who know both ships, can you give the pluses and minuses of each? Solstice seemed quite large. Does Infinity seem more intimate?

Our first Celebrity cruise was on Infinity in 2008. It set the bar high. Our second Celebrity cruise was on Solstice in 2010. Just beautiful.

Some comparisons:

- Infinity is built to Panamax standard. It's as big a ship as can squeeze through the Panama Canal at 90,000+ tons. Solstice is a third larger at 120,000+tons. Advantage: Push. There are advantages and disadvantage to size.

- Solstice has more specialty restaurants (Murano, Tuscan, Silk Harvest, Blu, Bistro on 5 compared with Infinity's SS United States, Qsine, Blu and Bistro on 5. Advantage: Solstice

- Solstice has the lawn club with a hot glass show and the Molecular bar, features that don't exist on Infinity. Advantage: Solstice

- The Persian Gardens on Solstice has heated tile loungers with a sea view; Infinity's has a heated tile bench with no view. Advantage: Solstice

- The Solarium on Infinity has a thallosotherapy pool while Solstice's doesn't. Advantage: Infinity

- The MDR on Infinity is at the back of the ship and has two story windows with a stern view. Advantage: Infinity

- Infinity's Oceanview buffet has a more traditional lay out without the islands that exist on Solstice. Advantage: Solstice

- Infinity has three elevator/stair banks compared with Solstice's two. Infinity's center elevators have exterior views. Advantage: Infinity

- Infinity's cabins have more storage and a clothesline in the bathroom. Solstice cabins have larger bathrooms and balcony partitions that open. Advantage: Push

All in all, we prefer Solstice but we loved the Infinity and our next cruise is on her sister Millenium.

Archived