2014 Sale Prices

The most current sales that have been run including the latest one week sale I got e-mailed today all seem to stop with December 2013 sailings. I am looking at a mid-Jan 2014 sailing. Since it is only May how long should I wait for any possible reduction? $980 for last class veranda seems a bit high for western Caribbean to me. But then again I don't want to be out flanked and miss it either.

Any advice from the seasoned vets would be appreciated;

DCC

It seems high to us. You can always book, and then watch out for price decreases and watch for attractive offers from other cruise lines if you are so inclined.

You would probably get you an additional |$75-$100. per person credit if you book through an on line TA instead of directly with the cruise line. We always look at pricing net of all OBC's etc.

It seems high to us. You can always book, and then watch out for price decreases and watch for attractive offers from other cruise lines if you are so inclined.

This is the standard and best advice. Book now, and monitor. Up to final payment, you can usually get any price reductions offered. After final payment you might get some compensation, in a variety of manners, for a price drop.

When prices drop in a sale, can you get those prices if already booked, or does the sale price only apply to new bookings?

Prior to final payment, you can receive any and all price reductions.

Ask that your booking be "refared", as opposed to "rebooked". That way, everything that's already attached to your booking, e.g specialty dinner reservations, shore excursions, main dining room time preferences, remains in place.

If you are "rebooked" you go back to the beginning and have to do everything over. Sometimes you can't get reservations, etc, back.

The Caribbean runs are extremely competitive.

Not sure how flexible you are. We did a ten day over Christmas and a 7 day in March, booked six weeks and two weeks respectively ahead of sailing date.

This past winter season there seemed to be lots of overcapacity. You could tell by how the prices were dropping prior to final payment so we just waited. HAL had some excellent pricing. Pricing will ultimately depend on demand. Oddly enough, we got one of our best verandah locations ever as a gty on booking two weeks prior to departure.

The most current sales that have been run including the latest one week sale I got e-mailed today all seem to stop with December 2013 sailings. I am looking at a mid-Jan 2014 sailing. Since it is only May how long should I wait for any possible reduction? $980 for last class veranda seems a bit high for western Caribbean to me. But then again I don't want to be out flanked and miss it either.

DCC

Which ship ?

We completed two cruises on the Ryndam out of Tampa in Jan. & Mar 2013. The best fares we saw on a 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean for a Verandah from Jan to mid Mar was $999 to $1199 for the last class Veranda.

We booked the last class Verandah guarantee, with TA discount was $987, and got an upgrade to "A" cabin on the Navigation Deck

DCC

We did a Caribbean cruise this past February and the first price drops were in August. Then 2 more in September. I don't think there were any after our final payment date. Hope this helps you make a decision.

Usually, the "prices only apply to new bookings" are the sales after final payment.

Ask that your booking be "refared", as opposed to "rebooked". That way, everything that's already attached to your booking, e.g specialty dinner reservations, shore excursions, main dining room time preferences, remains in place.

If you are "rebooked" you go back to the beginning and have to do everything over. Sometimes you can't get reservations, etc, back.

Thank you both for your replies.

I will ask our Travel Agent to contact the HAL agent to have our booking "refared".

If that price is for "S" class, it's great. For a Vista, it still isn't bad. The last Caribbean cruise out of Tampa on the Ryndam, three years ago, the price was about $1,200. And that was for a guarantee, not a specific cabin.

If that price is for "S" class, it's great. For a Vista, it still isn't bad. The last Caribbean cruise out of Tampa on the Ryndam, three years ago, the price was about $1,200. And that was for a guarantee, not a specific cabin.

Prices from 3 years ago really have no correlation to prices today or for next year.

Ruth,

We have been informed that after initial hesitation the HAL Agent has agreed that our booking can be "refared', we have now received the new invoice.

A sincere Thank you for your help.

Ruth,

We have been informed that after initial hesitation the HAL Agent has agreed that our booking can be "refared', we have now received the new invoice.

A sincere Thank you for your help.

Oh, I'm so glad it worked out well for you! That's great.

Thanks for coming back and telling me that my advice was helpful. I appreciate it.

Prices from 3 years ago really have no correlation to prices today or for next year.

correlation to prices today or for next year.

I realize that. However, prices are still relative, and when you can get a cabin for less than what you would have paid three years ago, I would consider it a bargain and count myself lucky. Actually, according to one poster, a first-class verandah is still around $1,199, so there wasn't too much of a difference.

You just cannot tell. For the past two years we have been able to get verandah fares for Sept/Oct. Med cruises at $100. day pp. This year the same cruises are $150. plus. It is simply a function of the number of ships and the vacancy rates.

Archived