Just back from Oasis western OMG

This has been withouut a doubt the best cruise I have ever been on. With 6000 guests you would think CROWDED! We never experienced it at all. We didn't do any shore excursions this time, just shopped a little and had a blast.

The cruise director, Ricky Matthews is the best we have ever had also.

If you have any questions about the ship,service, or shows feel free to ask.

Glad to hear you had an amazing time. We love Oasis and Ricky Mathews too!

Did you do eastern or western? I would think western as you said you did shopping. What type of room did you have?

Andrew

This has been withouut a doubt the best cruise I have ever been on. With 6000 guests you would think CROWDED! We never experienced it at all. We didn't do any shore excursions this time, just shopped a little and had a blast.

Glad you had a good time, we will be sailing soon on the same ship :D

We were on this cruise as well and by far hands down, it was one of the best. Formal night was on Sunday and Wednesday. I noticed more people dressed up Sunday than Wednesday. We had a Central Park balcony and loved it! We loved hearing the Caribbean band during the day and one night there was a guy playing real nice guitar music at night.

We are booking the Allure for next year and can't wait!

We were on this cruise as well and by far hands down, it was one of the best. Formal night was on Sunday and Wednesday. I noticed more people dressed up Sunday than Wednesday. We had a Central Park balcony and loved it! We loved hearing the Caribbean band during the day and one night there was a guy playing real nice guitar music at night.

We are booking the Allure for next year and can't wait!

Thank you.............I will pass this info along to our thread. Only 6 more days for us!!!!!

Did you hear any pool noise on the Central Park Balcony? We have my kids and mom in one on the 12th floor (we did Boardwalk last time), but now I have heard that some people say it gets too noisy from the pool?? I think they'd pretty much only be out there at night, so I wouldn't think the noise would be bad...

Thanks!

Did you hear any pool noise on the Central Park Balcony? We have my kids and mom in one on the 12th floor (we did Boardwalk last time), but now I have heard that some people say it gets too noisy from the pool?? I think they'd pretty much only be out there at night, so I wouldn't think the noise would be bad...

Thanks!

You can hear noise, but it wasn't bad. When the door is closed, you really can't hear any noise. I thought it was nice and relaxing laying down during the day with the door open and listening to everything going on.

You can hear noise, but it wasn't bad. When the door is closed, you really can't hear any noise. I thought it was nice and relaxing laying down during the day with the door open and listening to everything going on.

We are on Oasis, eastern in 4 weeks. 1st cruise in 20 years! This time taking teenage kids.

Did you do any of the speciality dining?

Are the menu's/formal nights the same on Oasis in east & west routes?

1. Grab a beverage...2. Get away from the promenade because it is just way too busy...3. Do not go to the windjammer for lunch! 4. Go to park cafe for salads or roast beef sandwiches or panninis...or go to the solarium...or giovannis......or wipeout cafe...you will love this ship and cruise. Without a doubt.

You can hear noise form the pool deck if your balcony door is open, but I enjoyed it. Shut the door and you can't hear hardly anything, it's very quiet. I took 2 naps during the day and slept like a rock.

We ate in the main dining room only twice and enjoyed it. We ate at Giovannis, Chops twice, 150 Central Park and Johnny Rockets. All were very good and service was superb.

When we first got on we went straight to Park Cafe...had the delicious roast beef sandwich. It started getting packed as we sat there. We were on board and at Park Cafe by 11:30.

Was on this cruise, too, and it was wonderful. I don't think any cruise line, with the exception of maybe Disney, has entertainment that can even come close to the Oasis.

Was on this cruise, too, and it was wonderful. I don't think any cruise line, with the exception of maybe Disney, has entertainment that can even come close to the Oasis.

Very true, although I haven't been on Disney. What was your favorite show? I love the Ice Show and Hairspray! The rest were real good as well, it's hard to pick a favorite.

don't worry about just going to Windjammer the first day!! Ideally I would have gone somewhere else, but if you have a large group (we had a group of 7) and you have a multi-generational group (we had kids and grandparents with different likes) it might just be easier to go there with all your carry ons, etc. If you don't see something you like, eat light and then go to get your roastbeef sandwich later when the crowds are gone and you're not dragging along all your carry-ons!!

This has been withouut a doubt the best cruise I have ever been on.

I've had good cruises, great cruises, and downright awesome cruises. Few have made me say what you just said, but Oasis was one of them. It's always good to hear others saying the same thing. :)

Glad to hear you had an amazing time. We love Oasis and Ricky Mathews too!

Did you do eastern or western? I would think western as you said you did shopping. What type of room did you have?

Andrew

im going on Oasis this August, i was hoping for Ricky but he wont be on when i go

We sail out this Sat. So sorry Ricky wont be our CD, but looking forward to meeting Allan Brooks for the week.

Did you have time after muster to get to a good sail away spot?

We did, but then again, we rushed up to the top! Our muster drill was in Studio B and we took the stairs half way up about 7 flights and then hopped on the elevator.

Archived