Future cruise credit

Jaylie

Can I buy two additional credits for my daughter and her husband for a future cruise while I am on my next cruise they forgot to buy them on their last cruise.

No, the person getting the FCC must be on the ship. You cannot buy one for someone not sailing with you

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, it will be fine as long as you ask for it to be extended before it expires. They will extend it if you are booking within the 2 year period, but sailing after the 2 year time.
I have an old 4 year that is expiring 12/3/14 do you think they will let me use on a cruise that's leaving 12/9/14. I'm just curious as I was just trying to decide between 11/24 & 12/9 and saw the "sail by" date.

I have an old 4 year that is expiring 12/3/14 do you think they will let me use on a cruise that's leaving 12/9/14. I'm just curious as I was just trying to decide between 11/24 & 12/9 and saw the "sail by" date.

There should be no problem. Even though it says "Sail By Date", they will probably take it. Also, Princess may extend a Future Cruise Deposit that is about to expire if you call and ask them to.

I recommend you pick the date you want and book it. Then request to use your Future Cruise Deposit for the deposit. If they take it, everything's OK. If they say no (which I strongly doubt will happen), you can still change to the other date.

Thank you for choosing Princess Cruises.

This letter confirms that we have received payment for deposit in the amount of 100.00 USD towards a

future cruise with Princess.

When you have decided on your next cruise, please contact your travel agent to arrange your booking. Your

travel agent will assist you with final payment schedule, and any questions, additions or changes you might

have regarding your cruise. You may also contact Princess directly by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. Upon

making your full deposit towards your booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A copy of the FCC confirmation is delivered to your stateroom.

Thanks for the info about the amount of OBC given per FCC. I'm looking at 2 potential cruise options. One is 10 days and the other is 11 days. Sure makes the 11 day option look even better! :D

I have one Future Cruise Credit, but will be doing a Bon Voyage Experience in a couple of weeks, where I could purchase more credits.

If a friend and I will be booking a cruise where we will be sharing a cabin (one of us will handle the payments for the cruise) then I assume there is no benefit to purchasing additional credits?

Realistically, we will only be able to do one cruise in the next couple of years.

I have one Future Cruise Credit, but will be doing a Bon Voyage Experience in a couple of weeks, where I could purchase more credits.

If a friend and I will be booking a cruise where we will be sharing a cabin (one of us will handle the payments for the cruise) then I assume there is no benefit to purchasing additional credits?

Realistically, we will only be able to do one cruise in the next couple of years.

You will need to pay a deposit for each of you when you book. If you and your friend each have your own Future Cruise Deposit, then you can use both of them - and you will each receive the applicable onboard credit.

If your friend does not have a Future Cruise Deposit, then an additional deposit will need to made - and your friend will not receive the onboard credit.

Under the circumstances you described, it will not do you any good to purchase an additional Future Cruise Deposit on the Bon Voyage Experience - you may want to wait and purchase one on your cruise. However, if your friend will also be on the Bon Voyage Experience, then your friend should definitely purchase one there. If you are both there, you can pay for your friend's Future Cruise Deposit, but you cannot buy one for someone who is not on the ship.

I'm reading all the comments. So we can only use 1 FCC per cruise per passenger?

I have one FCC but am doing a BVE soon and wanted to put in another FCC. Can I do that? But by doing so, I would only be able to use 1 FCC to book my next cruise.

It's been a while, but since this time I'll be a BVE passenger. Can I give the FCC in cash or do I link my debit card or the key card we get at check in?

Thanks!

Bon Voyage! :)

I'm reading all the comments. So we can only use 1 FCC per cruise per passenger?

I have one FCC but am doing a BVE soon and wanted to put in another FCC. Can I do that? But by doing so, I would only be able to use 1 FCC to book my next cruise.

It's been a while, but since this time I'll be a BVE passenger. Can I give the FCC in cash or do I link my debit card or the key card we get at check in?

Yes, one FCC/passenger/booking. No cash as technically, it's not an onboard purchase. You are pre-purchasing your cruise deposit so you are paying the booking system.

If you want to pay down your cruise fare, just have your TA pay "$X" amount towards your booking. You can do this as often as you want whenever you want.

Thanks!

Bon Voyage! :)

You can use more than one FCC per person, BUT you will only get one OBC per passenger.

You will need to pay a deposit for each of you when you book. If you and your friend each have your own Future Cruise Deposit, then you can use both of them - and you will each receive the applicable onboard credit.

If your friend does not have a Future Cruise Deposit, then an additional deposit will need to made - and your friend will not receive the onboard credit.

Under the circumstances you described, it will not do you any good to purchase an additional Future Cruise Deposit on the Bon Voyage Experience - you may want to wait and purchase one on your cruise. However, if your friend will also be on the Bon Voyage Experience, then your friend should definitely purchase one there. If you are both there, you can pay for your friend's Future Cruise Deposit, but you cannot buy one for someone who is not on the ship.

Thanks for that info! My friend will not be with me on the next BVE, and the FCC I bought is in my name, so I guess we will just have to pay the regular deposit amount, and not get any OBC, for her.

Is the reason why you would use more than one FCC person just to use up FCCs?

Yes, if you have one or more FCCs about to expire, you may find it easier to apply them to the payment for a cruise rather than waiting for the credit.

Is the reason why you would use more than one FCC person just to use up FCCs?

Yes, if you have one or more FCCs about to expire, you may find it easier to apply them to the payment for a cruise rather than waiting for the credit.

Great.... Thanks....

• 2 months later...

In my experience, both passengers in a booking needed to provide a FCC. One FCC was not enough to hold our reservation. I would just have to extrapolate that is only one passenger had a FCC, that the remainder of the deposit could be made with credit card, etc.

Edited by logan25

In my experience, both passengers in a booking needed to provide a FCC. One FCC was not enough to hold our reservation. I would just have to extrapolate that is only one passenger had a FCC, that the remainder of the deposit could be made with credit card, etc.

That was what I thought but it never hurts to ask. Sometimes I'm surprised by the assumptions I make that turn out to be incorrect. :D

What's nice is that I can ask a "stupid question" like this on cc and not get my head chewed off.

We purchased a FCC maybe three years ago. I think we're done with Princess - we find Celebrity more to our liking. Does our TA refund us the FCC or does Princess? Thanks.

you would have to contact princess for a refund

What this thread has evolved to is a discussion of FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSIT. FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT is something altogether different. FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT is when Princess puts money tagged to your Captains Circle account. In my case an unexpected and much appreciated partial refund of a recent cruise. There is also a current promotion for the west coast short cruises out of Los Angeles where Princess will be giving a FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT of 100% of the cruise fare paid to all passengers on these selected cruises. These funds tagged in your account will later be applied to the fare of another cruise you book in the future. There will be certain guidelines that need to be followed like cruise length and sailing date, etc. If you have a travel agent or use a cruise booking agency, they can work with this.

I know, I know, it's just a play on words. So, please don't bash me.

Jaylie, OBC (On Board Credit) can be obtained by shopping for the best perks with cruise booking agencies. Sometimes Princess has some OBC in their promotions as well, but generally less than the agencies will give you. In addition Princess offers OBC to military and you can also become a Carnival Corp shareholer (minimum 100 shares) for OBC. These are the most common that I am aware of.

I never disembark a Princess ship without having purchased my FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSIT. :)

We purchased a FCC maybe three years ago. I think we're done with Princess - we find Celebrity more to our liking. Does our TA refund us the FCC or does Princess? Thanks.

When I signed up for an FCC I was told that Princess would refund the FCC if it was not used during the period for which it was valid.

Can you tell us what you prefer about Celebrity over Princess? I have not travelled with Celebrity and am curious.

• 3 weeks later...

We've only been on one Celebrity cruise after 6 previous years and cruises with Princess. We are booked on Celebrity for a second cruise this month. We love the beverage package. Nothing to sign, and no big bill at the end. There were two or three promotions this year where Celebrity included the beverage package for free. We also booked in what Celebrity calls Aqua Class. In Aqua class you have your own dining room called Blu - very intimate, lots of tables for two. We are both in our late 50's. While passengers were not rude by any means on Princess, we just found ourselves happier and interacting more with fellow passengers on our Celebrity cruise and that added to the overall experience.

We've only been on one Celebrity cruise after 6 previous years and cruises with Princess. We are booked on Celebrity for a second cruise this month. We love the beverage package. Nothing to sign, and no big bill at the end. There were two or three promotions this year where Celebrity included the beverage package for free. We also booked in what Celebrity calls Aqua Class. In Aqua class you have your own dining room called Blu - very intimate, lots of tables for two. We are both in our late 50's. While passengers were not rude by any means on Princess, we just found ourselves happier and interacting more with fellow passengers on our Celebrity cruise and that added to the overall experience.

Thanks.... Great to get perspectives on the different lines. I've heard good things about Celebrity and would like to try them one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Never went on a 4 day cruise before, always on longer ones. Wanted to know if they sell the FCC on the shorter cruises? Don't know if we should use it on this shorter cruise or save it for another cruise. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the info

Sue