Currently on spirit lucky the Internet is great cause the foods awful!

Have never been so unimpressed by cruise ship food in my life it is so far appalling, nothing is being served hot at all for a start. Just had breakfast in dining room eggs Benedict had been under the Warmer so long it was just a film over the eggs, daughters pancakes were dry and cold as were the hash browns, orange juice was like drinking syrup had to water it down over twice the amount of juice to make it drinkable, and that was just this mornings breakfast.......

Have never been so unimpressed by cruise ship food in my life it is so far appalling, nothing is being served hot at all for a start. Just had breakfast in dining room eggs Benedict had been under the Warmer so long it was just a film over the eggs, daughters pancakes were dry and cold as were the hash browns, orange juice was like drinking syrup had to water it down over twice the amount of juice to make it drinkable, and that was just this mornings breakfast.......

Thats a real shame. How does it compare to the likes of McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Subway, the local fish and chip shop and the local leagues club and bowling clubs. The fast food chains have food often prepared by teenagers so it would be good to hear comparissions. I mean Carnival is kind of in the budget of someone who would eat at all those places.

Also how is your home cooking these days, do you still sit down for a family meal, do you cook your own gourmet foods for breakfast or are you just satisfied with toast and cereal.

Also what hotel chains do you stay at to compare food to there. You have to pay for meals at hotels. If you stay at somewhere like Quay Grand you would be looking at $500 a night and paying about $50 for a steak meal. At a Holiday inn you are looking at around $150 a night and a $30 meal.

What price per night did you pay for Carnival and does the value for money match the quality of the food.

If you are prepared to go out and purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner at top restaurants from $20 to $50 per meal per person costing $1200 to $3150/week for a family of three then you might have grounds to complain about the food. So if your budget is that big I would suggest possibly trying a cruise line like Regent or Crystal where you will get your moneys worth. If your a McDonalds kind of budget person and eat three meals there a day you are probably looking at around $400 for the week for a family of three and that makes Carnival right in your market so if Carnivals food is better than McDonalds you really have no grounds to complain about the food.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. You cant expect to go on a cruise ship like Carnival Spirit and expect the food to be as great as or greater than 5 star hotels and restaurants that you could not possibly afford to eat at when your at home.

Thats a real shame. How does it compare to the likes of McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Subway, the local fish and chip shop and the local leagues club and bowling clubs. The fast food chains have food often prepared by teenagers so it would be good to hear comparissions. I mean Carnival is kind of in the budget of someone who would eat at all those places.

Also how is your home cooking these days, do you still sit down for a family meal, do you cook your own gourmet foods for breakfast or are you just satisfied with toast and cereal.

Also what hotel chains do you stay at to compare food to there. You have to pay for meals at hotels. If you stay at somewhere like Quay Grand you would be looking at $500 a night and paying about $50 for a steak meal. At a Holiday inn you are looking at around $150 a night and a $30 meal.

What price per night did you pay for Carnival and does the value for money match the quality of the food.

If you are prepared to go out and purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner at top restaurants from $20 to $50 per meal per person costing $1200 to $3150/week for a family of three then you might have grounds to complain about the food. So if your budget is that big I would suggest possibly trying a cruise line like Regent or Crystal where you will get your moneys worth. If your a McDonalds kind of budget person and eat three meals there a day you are probably looking at around $400 for the week for a family of three and that makes Carnival right in your market so if Carnivals food is better than McDonalds you really have no grounds to complain about the food.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. You cant expect to go on a cruise ship like Carnival Spirit and expect the food to be as great as or greater than 5 star hotels and restaurants that you could not possibly afford to eat at when your at home.

Wow Sutho.... sometimes I think you need to keep your opinions to yourself. This was a very condescending missive.

I don't know the OP's cruise history.... maybe it was her first cruise and was led to believe that the food would be edible. :eek:

As I've said before Sutho, I love the photos you post here on the forums but...... your put-downs are just unbelievable!

The OP was making a comment as we're all entitled to do here, hopefully without being treated like morons because we have different opinions to express.

I'm sure you were taught some manners by your parents. It would be nice if you could remember them instead of regularly putting people down.

I suggest your THINK, then think again before you type your condescending comments in future posts.

Gae

Yes, having just got off the thing after 10 days, I agree with missmad completely.

Thanks for the laugh!

Glad the Internet is great.

Just read the Topic. I certainly didn't think it deserved the response given.

I think when people have the audacity to complain that harshly about the food I think it should be justified and based on a reasonable comparisson. I would really like them to come back on here and tell us where they eat, what class of dining they go for ashore be it McDonalads or 5 star restaurants.

Just for the record I have never been on a ship where I have been unhappy with the food.

I dont know what people expect from food but when they complain about it they need to qualify it with telling us where they eat, name a few restaurants or hotels they frequent. Come on give us more information. How does it compare to Mcdonalds or Pizza Hut.

I can tell you a thing or two. I have eaten pizzas from pizza hut and can personally cook my own pizzas better than theirs. When I go on a Princess ship their pizzas are much better even still. I can go to McDonalds and get a quaterpounder meal and have a sloppy burger, if I was to get a similar burger from a fish and chip shop the burger would be much better quality, less greasy and better meat. The cruise ship vesrion is probably in line with the fish and chip shop version. I have often stayed at the 5 star Quay Grand and found their steak meals no better than some I have had on cruise ships.

So come on let us hear where you eat, who cooks your food and how it compares. Simply telling people the food is awefull does not do any good and people will never take it seriously.

That is terrible, I hope it improves.:D

Yes, having just got off the thing after 10 days, I agree with missmad completely.

Note this is more than one cruiser's opinion!

We were on a Celebrity ship in January (15 night cruise) and I feel I am entitled to make a comment on the food - as the previous poster was entitled to comment on her experience. I have a lot of cruising experience to judge it by (and so might the previous poster).

Food in the buffet on the Celebrity Century was never hot and the pizza was virtually cold. On previous cruises we have occasionally received a dish that was nearly cold, or steak that was so tough we couldn't cut it, but it was a rare occurrence. If there is a problem continually, then I think the cruiseline should look at the situation and remedy it.

I have so far cruised on sun, pearl, solstice and now spirit so have a fairly good idea of cruise food. Only time I have had hot food on spirit is when I have been lucky enough to be at the buffet when they are changing the tray over, I'm thinking maccas would be good right now lol

We were on a Celebrity ship in January (15 night cruise) and I feel I am entitled to make a comment on the food - as the previous poster was entitled to comment on her experience. I have a lot of cruising experience to judge it by (and so might the previous poster).

Food in the buffet on the Celebrity Century was never hot and the pizza was virtually cold. On previous cruises we have occasionally received a dish that was nearly cold, or steak that was so tough we couldn't cut it, but it was a rare occurrence. If there is a problem continually, then I think the cruiseline should look at the situation and remedy it.

I remember on one crusie my lobster was a bit dry, the prawns were covered in too much seafood sauce and my escargot had too much garlic in the butter. That said, I am not fussy and ate it all anyway, now that is what I consider to be a First world problem.:D

I have so far cruised on sun, pearl, solstice and now spirit so have a fairly good idea of cruise food. Only time I have had hot food on spirit is when I have been lucky enough to be at the buffet when they are changing the tray over, I'm thinking maccas would be good right now lol

Yes, and it is not expecting too much to want hot, tasty food onboard whether it is in the dining room or the buffet. :(

wow !!!!

I agree with you David. We are sailing on the next cruise so we will find out for ourselves just how good the food is. I have never had a complaint over the food on any cruise so far. :) The reviews vary so much, some people on the same cruise found the food great, while others well. WOW.

I will give my penny's worth after our cruise.:rolleyes:

Best Regards Mike

On a rhapsody cruise I tried breakfast sent to the cabin, it was late and cold. Breakfast in the dining room, took too long to get served. Breakfast in the buffet - excellent, they had a couple chefs cooking omelettes where you pick the ingredients, so that's where I ate my breakfasts. I found the dinners to be excellent and never noticed a cold dish.

It is reasonable to assume due to the success of ships here and the sell out cruises that the food must be acceptable. If over 2000 passengers are getting on and off almost every two weeks and the food was that bad we would be sure to hear about it in the papers, media, and everywhere.

My guess is that there is nothing wrong with the food at all and I know where I would rather be right now.

You pompous old fart.

We cruised Carnival Spirit in April and the food was hit and miss... Morning and lunch in the MDR very average to downright terrible. Dinner however was a different story, good food - ours was always hot and plentiful. Buffet for breakfast was better albeit a slow service as you line up for anything apart from help yourself cereal boxes with small 200ml packaged milk bottles.

Nouveau was excellent and the Chef's Table dining option exceptionally good fun and value.

Pay more and you get a better meal. The basic daily package is pretty ordinary with Dinner the only standout meal as the waiters seem to come to life then.

Last comment we found the 'FUN' element severely lacking from entertainment staff, they seem to go through the motions with little to no enthusiasm.

Our next cruise will be back to Princess or Celebrity or perhaps give RCL a go... Carnival is P&O on a larger ship with worse Kids clubs.. weird.

Archived