Table for two or more?

Dinner for two or more?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Dinner for two or more?

• Dinner for two
    • Dinner with assigned dinner guests

Thanks everyone. I was just curious. I know there is no wrong or right and lots of other options I could have posted in the poll, but I was just trying to get a ball park idea.

I am kinda surprised that there were more votes for "table for two". I thought it would lean the other way. Interesting.

It explains why we see passengers wanting a table for two getting a beeper while we walk in and are seated immediately

Guest maddycat

We've been married for 37 years. We're retired and eat most meals together. We enjoy each others company. We don't like eating with strangers. We do My Time Dining and always get a table for two. There are many other opportunities for meeting and interacting with new people on a cruise.

I always choose Anytime Dining and ask for a table for two. I only care to spend time with the person I went on the cruise with. If I go on a cruise with someone, then I want to spend time with that person or the people I am on vacation with. I don't enjoy dining at a big table with strangers, plus I don't care to be on a set dining schedule, so ATD suits me perfectly.

When its just the two of us cruising we get a table for two. We dont eat in the MDR every night, and wouldn't want our table mates waiting for us even though we usually let them know which nights we'll be using the MDR. When we cruise with family, or larger groups, it doesn't matter.

I didn't vote because there needs to be an alternative: either one is ok. We sometimes like to have a larger table, sometimes just want to eat alone, mostly to get in and out faster.

I vote Sometimes one, sometimes the other. That's one of the reasons we like Anytime dining.

We always ate with someone, this last cruise we were at a table for 4 and the other two didnt show up.. But after the first night I enjoyed just eating with my DW, we sat next to a huge window it was romantic..

My husband and my schedules don't mesh so the only meals we eat together are dinner on Saturday & Sunday nights.

Therefore we do Anytime Dining and get a table for 2. It's not that we are antisocial, but we think of our vacations as reconnecting time and want to spend it with each other.

I choose anytime dining and usually take a table for two but I don't mind sometimes joining a group table. I just don't want to be stuck sitting with the same group every night unless I choose to do so.

Thanks everyone. I was just curious. I know there is no wrong or right and lots of other options I could have posted in the poll, but I was just trying to get a ball park idea.

I am kinda surprised that there were more votes for "table for two". I thought it would lean the other way. Interesting.

I was surprised by that, too.

Also interesting, a number of the posters who like large tables indicate they are log married couples that dine alone together for most meals, so they welcome company on the ship. Congratulations to those long married couples; I hope to eventually be among them. Until then, as we pass through other stages of life, meals for two as a couple can be a real treat. as we sometimes skip courses or double up on other courses, a table for our party can make the meal a bit smoother.

We prefer the table for two, but for an entirely different reason. We like to eat as early as possible, and still get to attend the earliest show. Sometimes they have the first show scheduled for the late diner's before dinner. We like to eat early, and still finish in time to attend that show. By having a table for two, we mention to our server's that we would like to make the early show, and are almost always easily accommodated. We can have all four courses, and still finish within an hour and not be rushed.

This is not usually possible if you are dining with others. Indeed, I have sometimes been 'stuck' at at table for well over two hours....

We participate in most of the shipboard organized activities, so have ample opportunity to socialize with other passengers.

The only time I would want to sit a large table would be if I were a solo cruiser.

We are a family of 4 (2 young adult children), and always choose early traditional dining. We prefer a large table with assigned tablemates.

There was only one occasion where we didn't "click" with the others, and then we requested a table change.

Once, we were assigned a table of 12, and the other 8 people did not show up for the entire cruise, so we ended up sitting alone at a huge table. It was a little awkward/uncomfortable because the table was too large for us to spread out around the table, so we sat next to each other taking up only 1/3 of the perimeter of the table.

We've been married for 40 years...and we eat together almost every meal...not just dinners...so we really like having tablemates!

Even when we weren't together so much, other people gave us interesting topics to talk about! There is so much "together" time on a cruise, an couple hours for a social dinner is very nice!

I love my hubby and he loves me, but other people add a dimension to conversation that we can't get alone!!

Absolutly!

DW and I have been together 55 years. No problem if we are apart; we try to meet more interesting people than the other does!

Are you one of those people?:confused:

It seems strange to want to eat alone with your spouse when on a cruise. Who do you eat with for those couple of hundred other dinners per year when you are not cruising? We find having a group to meet with for an hour or so every evening for a week or so to be one of the charms of cruising - it is a change from the routine, something you cannot do at home, why not go for it?

Some of the best dinners have been with people who were unassigned. Also the worst!!

Like much of the cruise, just luck!!!

Archived