any luck with BOGO coupon other than first night on Freedom?

On Navigator, we were allowed to apply the coupon on the first day for Portofinos and use it during the week.

We'll be on Navigator soon and are in the process of deciding which speciality restaurant to use the coupon on. Since we get one coupon each does this mean that theoretically we could eat in Chops on the first night and apply the other coupon to eat in Portofino later in the week.

In our experience, regardless of what you read here, there are different rules for each ship, different rules for sailing on the same ship or even different rules for each specialty restaurants on a particular ship. We’ve never asked to use any coupon for anything more than what is offered, but I have read that some have asked an been successful. A few years ago, when dining in Chops on the first night, the staff asked us if we wanted to use the second coupon for another night (in Chops).

m

We'll be on Navigator soon and are in the process of deciding which speciality restaurant to use the coupon on. Since we get one coupon each does this mean that theoretically we could eat in Chops on the first night and apply the other coupon to eat in Portofino later in the week.

No - The coupon is intended for the first night only. We were able to use both when traveling with family, (There were 5 of us and 2 meals were complimentary) So if there are just two – then the other coupon may go unused as many of the other coupons in the book.

I would not be surprised to see this BOGO coupon disappear. Seems that over use ( abuse) of a benefit seems to make it disappear.

M

No - The coupon is intended for the first night only.

Yes, I'm fully aware of this (even before the red lettering ;)) - having used the coupon on a number of occasions before. My question was in relation to Yogimax's experience on Navigator - and a hypothetical situation which could possibly arise.

Yes, I'm fully aware of this (even before the red lettering ;)) - having used the coupon on a number of occasions before. My question was in relation to Yogimax's experience on Navigator - and a hypothetical situation which could possibly arise.

ok....

You are obviously aware of the conditions of the offer.

There are unlimited hypothetical situations that can arise. It could depend on the staff, how may reservations are on the books, how well you know a particular staff, how often you sail the ship, which restaurant you are in, if you want the same or a differ restaurant, what day you want to dine, what time you want to dine, passenger mix, itinerary, etc.

I guess one can ask for anything and see the outcome. There is no one that can give you a definite answer since your situation requires someone on the cruise ship to bend the rules.

enjoy

M

I do not see using the BOGO coupon on other nights during the cruise as abusing the benefit. They prefer that you use it on the first night because bookings are usually low, but I have been on several cruises where the manager of the specialty restaurant has said he will honor it all throughout the cruise if there is space available.

To me, that's getting permission not abuse.

Specifically on the Navigator last year for a TA we were able to use our coupons any night. There were large numbers of D and D+ on that cruise (over 400), so they opened the specialty restaurants for the coupons on any night. I think that is the key: the more D and D+, the higher the demand.

We would eat around 8 - 8:30, so there was never a problem getting a table.

I do not see using the BOGO coupon on other nights during the cruise as abusing the benefit. They prefer that you use it on the first night because bookings are usually low, but I have been on several cruises where the manager of the specialty restaurant has said he will honor it all throughout the cruise if there is space available.

To me, that's getting permission not abuse.

Thank you - that's my thought too. After all, if they are offering it outright it's hardly abusing the system/bending the rules - call it what you will. It's adapting the rules to suit the market on that particular sailing. Perhaps they should be more transparent about it in the way Celebrity are - on our last X sailing we ate in speciality restaurants on 4 nights and never paid full price (and that's without a BOGO coupon).

It will be interesting to see what happens on Navigator in a few weeks. Every time we sail in the Med we always dine several times in the speciality restaurants and have never seen them anywhere close to full. On some nights the only other people in there have been ship's staff. On Legend last month we were the only people in Chops on the first night.

No - The coupon is intended for the first night only.

For the record, we never asked for this.

While sitting in the CL, the manager from Portofino's came in and made the offer to everyone there. Pay that evening and use it any other night.

Will be sailing on Oasis in Oct how do we use it for Chops on the first night (if this is the policy) when using OBC...go directly there upon boarding to make the reservation ?

Archived