Best ships for dancing

MYMOTHERSCHILD

Within the Celebrity fleet, the best ships would be the four M-class ships, Infinity, Millennium, Constellation, Summit. These four have a dance venue, the Rendezvous Lounge.

You can add Century but all the dance floors are quite small.. er "intimate" ;).

We love the Rendezvous lounge.

The Boblo out of Detroit. They would have moonlight cruise sailing the Detroit River with a dance band and basically one whole deck was dedicated to the dance floor. :D

I have been on many different lines and usually in the late evening it is usually a DJ in one of the large lounges at the rear of the ship.

For ballroom type dancing your best bet is to look for a theme cruise. We by chance were on one that we weren't aware of when we booked. It was a 50's rock and roll cruise. All of the lounges featured dance bands and groups.

I vote Cunard- QM2, Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth. Dancing day and night if you like.

Thanks everybody. I'll try Cunard but it's pricey.

It seems to me that, in the dark ages, a ballroom on a ship was as traditional as cruising itself. Yes, dancing at the bottom of a wide stairway, on a tiny dance floor, with passengers lined up many evenings to have pictures taken is ridiculous.

Not only is the Rendezvous Lounge a nice place for dancing, it's also a great place for watching others dance while enjoying a pre dinner adult beverage

We do the same after dinner as well...:D

And the dancing shoes are so much more mobile...;)

We have been on more then 60 different ships of 14 cruise lines and the best ballroom dancing, by far, was on the Queen Mary 2. Not only do they have a big band orchestra (with singer) but they have an amazing ballroom where more then 50 couples can be on the floor without it getting overly crowded.

Hank

But the problem when asking this question on the Celebrity board is that we sail mostly on Celebrity. The dance floor is a nice addition but Cunard ships sail mostly where we don't..

The itinerary is more important than the dance floor for many.

• 1 month later...

I vote Cunard as the best, way ahead of any other line I have tried.

However, if you're looking for a biggish wood floor and don't mind being one of very few couples on it, and music that is not always suitable; but has good itineraries, I have danced every night on the Pacific Princess ( only 3 dancing couples on our Holy Land Cruise) to DJ music (better than a band which can't keep the proper tempo for ballroom) and most nights on the Voyager class ships of RCL - when they were not using the lounge for game shows and if the band plays danceable tunes.

Archived