Barcelona ATM's

megfla

I don't want to travel with or carry too much cash. I found various information that says that ATM's in Spain will only dispense either 150 or 300 euro per day? If this is the case, I assume I can go to a differnent bank's ATM and withdraw more if necessary (up to my bank's daily limit)?

Any personal experience would be greatly appreciated!

We spent several days in Barcelona last month. We had no problem withdrawing 250 Euro per transaction. We also had called one of our banks and had the maximum transaction amount dropped for the time we would be in Spain, although we never did withdraw more than 250 Euro per day.

If you have an account at Charles Schwab, their debit card works at any ATM throughout the world with no ATM fees and no foreign exchange fees. It's the cheapest way to get cash in Europe.

I don't want to travel with or carry too much cash. I found various information that says that ATM's in Spain will only dispense either 150 or 300 euro per day? If this is the case, I assume I can go to a differnent bank's ATM and withdraw more if necessary (up to my bank's daily limit)?

Any personal experience would be greatly appreciated!

Check to find out what your particular bank's daily withdrawal limit. Our bank has a $1000.00 maximum daily withdrawal limit. With the Euro rate of 1.33, I can withdraw approx 750 Euros per day. If a particular ATM only dispenses the maximum of 300 Euro per transaction, just put in your card and do another transaction. Works for me.

Archived