Sofitel Hotel - London Heathrow

We will be staying at the Sofitel Hotel at London Heathrow Airport next year.

Question:

We arrive to Terminal 5 and after we collect our luggage plan to walk from the connecting covered walkway over to the Hotel. Are there luggage carts that we can use so we can walk from the terminal over to the hotel?

Thanks,

Keith

We will be staying at the Sofitel Hotel at London Heathrow Airport next year.

Question:

We arrive to Terminal 5 and after we collect our luggage plan to walk from the connecting covered walkway over to the Hotel. Are there luggage carts that we can use so we can walk from the terminal over to the hotel?

Thanks,

Keith

There are plenty of free luggage trolleys in baggage reclaim, which can be taken to car park, bus station and rail access points. I would expect trolleys can be taken to the hotel, Keith.

You could email hotel direct to confirm.

Often stay in the Sofitel Heathrow. You can take the free airport luggage carts all the way to your hotel room. There is a lift from the arrival halls then a corridor walk and then both lifts and an escalator down to the hotel reception.

The Sofitel is one of the easier airport to hotel connections I have done in the world and its a lovely hotel. Food is a little pricey but if you just want sandwiches you will find a Marks Food to go landslide at arrivals level (they also sell nice fruit plates and cake goodies plus premixed cans of alcoholic cocktails). If you want a sit down meal there is a nice Italian chain Carluccios landslide at departures level

• 7 months later...
Often stay in the Sofitel Heathrow. You can take the free airport luggage carts all the way to your hotel room. There is a lift from the arrival halls then a corridor walk and then both lifts and an escalator down to the hotel reception.

The Sofitel is one of the easier airport to hotel connections I have done in the world and its a lovely hotel. Food is a little pricey but if you just want sandwiches you will find a Marks Food to go landslide at arrivals level (they also sell nice fruit plates and cake goodies plus premixed cans of alcoholic cocktails). If you want a sit down meal there is a nice Italian chain Carluccios landslide at departures level

I know this post was a while ago, however I'm looking for some advice. We are also staying at the Sofitel in March the night before our flight & wondered about entering the airport that evening for the restaurants/pub.

Is it easy to walk from the hotel to airport & back again? And what sort of restaurants are available to those who haven't checked in or gone through security (i.e not travelling that day?)

Thanks

I know this post was a while ago, however I'm looking for some advice. We are also staying at the Sofitel in March the night before our flight & wondered about entering the airport that evening for the restaurants/pub.

Is it easy to walk from the hotel to airport & back again? And what sort of restaurants are available to those who haven't checked in or gone through security (i.e not travelling that day?)

Thanks

The walk is only a few minutes depending where in the hotel your room is. Below is a link to Terminal 5 info page on the Heathrow Airport website. It lists all restaurants & cafes in the terminal before and after security. You can get it to bring up specific lists, but the website is playing up at the moment. it may work later if you try it.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/terminal-5

You have basically two options landside in T5 - a pub, which I have never been in, but I know serves food, and Carluccio's, an Italian restaurant, which is part of a well known, and very popular, chain.

There are a couple of restaurants in the Sofitel, of course.

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

DH and I have stayed at the Sofitel at Heathrow T5 prior to both of our (only) cruises. We highly recommend the hotel bar (which is far more elegant than anything in the airport itself) as well as their acclaimed French restaurant, La Belle Époque. If you plan to dine at the restaurant, I'd suggest booking a table in advance. Enjoy the luxurious experience and the convenience of being right there at the airport.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw luggage cars going both ways while staying at the Sofitel, GREAT HOTEL, wise choice for early flighs and overnight at Heathrow. Plenty of food options both outside hotel and in, we found a great little food store almost right in airport or just outside of hotel where we could buy a bottle of wine to take up to our room for a nightcap. Saw lots of airline staff doing the same!