Collapsible water bottles?

missdorado26

I use RumRunners for several uses including for carrying water in my day pack.

I also use them for holding a special mouth wash that I need to always use. The quantity I need is more than the TSA allowed 100ml and I've had bad luck with the TSA recognizing that some mouthwash is by Rx only and should be allowed past the checkpoints so when I am traveling with a checked bag, the RR + mouthwash goes into that bag.

In case you wonder why I use RumRunners for mouthwash, the regular mouth wash bottles tend to leak in luggage after they are opened for the first time. Learned that the hard way.

Whatever else you choose to do with a RumRunner is one's own business.

missdorado....

I will answer the question. Although we haven't done so, I would suspect they would work. Just make sure that the cap is securely tightened....don't want anything to leak!

On an aside (which some may find useful), so lines allow you to bring on 1-2 bottles of wine. I'm always leery about breakage/leakage so what I did was to put a bottle inside a seal-a-meal bag and suction/seal it. If it brakes, I will simply throw it away, but at least it won't leak into the things in my suitcase!

missdorado, you may think about doing so with your water bottle.....just sayin.....

Some cruise lines allow you to bring 1 or 2 bottles of wine on board. Others do not and will send your wine to the 'naughty room' and it will be returned to you when your cruise is over.

However anything seized in non-commercial bottles or containers is discarded container and all.

I believe the day will come when I'll have to go to the 'naughty room' to defend my mouth wash in a Rum Runner.

It is not a case of not wanting to buy drinks on board. It is a situation where we want to have our own things be it mouthwash or whiskey.

The cruise lines are doing a great job of wringing every last dime out of passengers.

Yes, carnival allows 1 bottle per Person over 21. So we will be bringing 2. I don't like the idea of sneaking alcohol on board but I also don't have hundreds and hundreds of dollars to spend at the bar. I feel like everyone here is reprimanding me for trying to do something everyone does. I'm not a bad person, Im a a regular person trying to enjoy my vacation. Unread carnivals policy and it says they don't allow u to bing alcohol on board bc they don't want underage drinking and to lower the occurrence of someone being overly drunk. Whatever the case is I will not be bothering anyone with if I choose to do it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Has anyone used collapsible water bottles as a rum runner? Will it work the same?

Yes, they work fine. We have the Platypus bottles - also used by cyclists.

Use them for alcohol or not - nobody's else's business:D

Edited by chrispb
error

Taking this thread off on a tangent....

Are there local stores that sell these collapsible water bottles? I have never seen them in a store. I only want one so I hate to have to order it online.

Thanks!

Are there local stores that sell these collapsible water bottles? I have never seen them in a store. I only want one so I hate to have to order it online.

Thanks!

I saw them at the dollar tree. Not sure how durable they are but it's only $1. I would double bag it in a ziploc bag. It's not a rum runner but its the same idea.

Yes, carnival allows 1 bottle per Person over 21. So we will be bringing 2. I don't like the idea of sneaking alcohol on board but I also don't have hundreds and hundreds of dollars to spend at the bar. I feel like everyone here is reprimanding me for trying to do something everyone does. I'm not a bad person, Im a a regular person trying to enjoy my vacation. Unread carnivals policy and it says they don't allow u to bing alcohol on board bc they don't want underage drinking and to lower the occurrence of someone being overly drunk. Whatever the case is I will not be bothering anyone with if I choose to do it.

Obviously it's not something that everyone does. We don't.

I know a lot of people who do not do it, so you are mistaken on that score. And, as a matter of fact, you are indirectly bothering your fellow cruisers. One reason why fares are as low as they are is the ability of cruise lines to make a profit on drinks sold. So cheats and sneaks who ignore the terms of their cruise contracts so they can save on drinks will, if successful enough, cause everyone else to pay more.

I don't expect you to pay attention to the above, but haven't you the sense to at least keep quiet about your plans to cheat the cruise line?

I know a lot of people who do not do it, so you are mistaken on that score. And, as a matter of fact, you are indirectly bothering your fellow cruisers. One reason why fares are as low as they are is the ability of cruise lines to make a profit on drinks sold. So cheats and sneaks who ignore the terms of their cruise contracts so they can save on drinks will, if successful enough, cause everyone else to pay more.

I don't expect you to pay attention to the above, but haven't you the sense to at least keep quiet about your plans to cheat the cruise line?

Really needing that LIKE button right now.

Really wondering how someone on their first cruise knows every one else is doing it...

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank you and you're right I'm not going to pay attention to your post cuz it didn't answer my question. I don't need the alcohol police monitoring my post. If it were the case that they will raise the prices on a cruise it would have happened by now. Do you know how long people have been smuggling alcohol on board. And there's obviously these sites that they monitor. So I'm sure if they wanted to they would have done it already. If that were the case they wouldn't let us bring on any alcohol at all. Worry about yourself and don't add your 2 cents... I don't need it.

Thanks!

They do also have some in the camping isle of Wal-Mart. I was looking for a waterproof case and saw they had plastic flasks and collapsible water bottles.

Whatever else you choose to do with a RumRunner is one's own business.

WOW. We don't sneak alcohol for the simple reason the amount we drink isn't worth getting caught and we can afford to buy our own drinks.

BUT I DO LIKE YOUR ANSWER!

They do also have some in the camping isle of Wal-Mart. I was looking for a waterproof case and saw they had plastic flasks and collapsible water bottles.

Thanks, I found one right where you said it would be. The camping aisle is not one I normally go down so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you and no thank you for some of these answers that didn't answer my question. If you don't have an answer to the question why respond?!

Because some people have the need to "run up" their post count.:)

At least you weren't directed to the rum runners board, the smuggling alcohol board, or any liquors posts.:rolleyes:

When challenged, these posters will quote the proverb:

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

but in reality all they do is point you to the ocean!

I guess I must be the only one that hates weeding through these "directional" posts when looking for an informative answer.

Edited by lamchops

Thanks, I found one right where you said it would be. The camping aisle is not one I normally go down so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Glad you found what you were looking for. Have a great cruise. :D