Inside to Family Veranda

ricethief

One query however to anyone who has been on Infinity, is it a proper shower cubicle since she has been Solticized, or still a shower curtain?

I recently got off the Infinity. I had a corner FOV on the last leg of the B2B2B. The shower is the same as it always was. I've never had a problem with those showers.

I recently got off the Infinity. I had a corner FOV on the last leg of the B2B2B. The shower is the same as it always was. I've never had a problem with those showers.

What did you think of the FV on Infinity? Did you experience much movement in your cabin (only ever sailed midship previously)? If you intend to book five for those particular cabins, are they available to book straight away i.e. not having to wait until a few weeks before sail date? Any bad points to those cabins? Thanks in advance :).

What did you think of the FV on Infinity? Did you experience much movement in your cabin (only ever sailed midship previously)? If you intend to book five for those particular cabins, are they available to book straight away i.e. not having to wait until a few weeks before sail date? Any bad points to those cabins? Thanks in advance :).

The cabins in the aft do have a bit more motion and when the ship is maneuvering into port you might feel a bit more vibration. But we've stayed in the aft cabins, both CC and FV, quite a few times on M class sailings and never had any issues on either of these. We didn't find the increased amount of movement objectionable and don't consider it much of a negative. The only time I think someone needs to concern themselves with the motion is if they are very sensitive to it and truly want to avoid it. In that case it makes the most sense to stick with mid-ship lower level cabins where any motion is minimized.

If you intend to book five people into one of these cabins then they are available the day the cruise first opens for sale, usually over 18 months in advance. But they will not be shown as available on Celebrity's web site nor that of any online booking services. You have to call and ask about them directly or through a travel agent.

We had a FV on the Infinity 2 years ago on our trip to Alaska, and like others have said, you will be spoiled once you have the FV. We just got back from Bermuda on the Summit. I was not allowed to book a FV for that trip since I did not have 5 in my party (just 4 for this cruise) even though I was willing to pay for 5 to get the room. We ended up with Stateroom 8146 which had a veranda and sleeping accommodations for 4 (king size bed, sofa bed, and pulldown berth). This room was not bad, but it sure did not compare to the FV. Had we never sailed in a FV, we would have thought this room was just fine. In fact, it was a bit larger than I had anticipated.

For both cruises, I have called Celebrity directly. The agents there are very helpful, and both times they have booked me in great rooms. In fact, the agents I spoke with all had first-hand knowledge of the ships I was booking because they had sailed on them. It is really nice to speak to someone who has been on the ship and can help you locate a stateroom to fit your needs and budget. It is not like calling a 1-800 number for a hotel chain and speaking to someone with very little knowledge of the specific hotel you are wanting to reserve. Also, the Celebrity agents can share info with you about the specific staterooms available (and yes, they do have more rooms available than what is listed on the website). Our stateroom on the Summit to Bermuda (even though it wasn't a FV) was in the perfect location. We were on the 8th floor (#8146) 2 doors from the elevator and the stairs. The Oceanview Cafe and pool were 2 flights up above our room, and the dining room was just 4 flights down below our room.

We had a FV on the Infinity 2 years ago on our trip to Alaska, and like others have said, you will be spoiled once you have the FV. We just got back from Bermuda on the Summit. I was not allowed to book a FV for that trip since I did not have 5 in my party (just 4 for this cruise) even though I was willing to pay for 5 to get the room. We ended up with Stateroom 8146 which had a veranda and sleeping accommodations for 4 (king size bed, sofa bed, and pulldown berth). This room was not bad, but it sure did not compare to the FV. Had we never sailed in a FV, we would have thought this room was just fine. In fact, it was a bit larger than I had anticipated.

For both cruises, I have called Celebrity directly. The agents there are very helpful, and both times they have booked me in great rooms. In fact, the agents I spoke with all had first-hand knowledge of the ships I was booking because they had sailed on them. It is really nice to speak to someone who has been on the ship and can help you locate a stateroom to fit your needs and budget. It is not like calling a 1-800 number for a hotel chain and speaking to someone with very little knowledge of the specific hotel you are wanting to reserve. Also, the Celebrity agents can share info with you about the specific staterooms available (and yes, they do have more rooms available than what is listed on the website). Our stateroom on the Summit to Bermuda (even though it wasn't a FV) was in the perfect location. We were on the 8th floor (#8146) 2 doors from the elevator and the stairs. The Oceanview Cafe and pool were 2 flights up above our room, and the dining room was just 4 flights down below our room.

Thanks Lsimon and txjeffrey for your feedback :). Just looked at a you tube video of the FVs and the balconies appear huge :eek:. There is one available for our sailing at $189 pp extra than a 2A. Think it sounds too good to miss ;).

Quick question: if we book any five of us into the room and then some change sleeping arrangements on the ship, do you envisage there will be any problems? Previously, on RCI, we have visited guest relations as soon as we have boarded and there has been no problem to swap individuals between cabins, issuing new seapass cards etc.

Thanks Lsimon and txjeffrey for your feedback :). Just looked at a you tube video of the FVs and the balconies appear huge :eek:. There is one available for our sailing at $189 pp extra than a 2A. Think it sounds too good to miss ;).

Quick question: if we book any five of us into the room and then some change sleeping arrangements on the ship, do you envisage there will be any problems? Previously, on RCI, we have visited guest relations as soon as we have boarded and there has been no problem to swap individuals between cabins, issuing new seapass cards etc.

Villauk

The only problem may be 'minors' who should be with adults.

My teenage granddaughters sailed on QM2 with their other grandparents and 2 adjoining rooms were booked. However, Cunard insisted that 1 adult should be in each room on the booking form.

When they embarked, the grandparents slept in one room and the girls were in the adjoining room.

BTW do you have the link for the you tube video? I would like to watch it, as we have a FV booked ( at a higher rate than $189p.p)there are only 2 of us sharing it however.

BTW do you have the link for the you tube video? I would like to watch it, as we have a FV booked ( at a higher rate than $189p.p)there are only 2 of us sharing it however.

Hi Jackie and Adrian,

This is a video we found of 8166 on the Connie when we booked our FV on the TA. It's a corner FV, but I believe the interiors of the FVs (corner or not) are the same (I think the balconies aren't the same size). Also, folks on our Roll Call have said that the couches on the Infinity still have cloth upholstery.

Enjoy!

Here are my photos of the two aft corner FV cabins we've stayed at. These have the same layout on all the M class ships (Millenium, Infinity, Constellation and Summit):

There are 2 sofa beds in the sitting room used when there are more than 2 occupants.

Main room  Constellation FV (Family View) Cabin 7199  March 2011

The FV cabins which are one cabin in from the corners have pretty much the same internal layout but the verandas are different. I hate to say the verandas are smaller, even though they are, since they are still gigantic compared to most other cabins on the ship. The verandas are the same size as the C1 Aft CC cabins on these ships and you can see the size of those in these photos: This photo shows about 2/3 of the balcony.  You can see the end of a lounge chair in the foreground , there were two lounge chairs, four chairs (two different types) a large table and a small table on the balcony.  And plenty of room for all of them

Villauk

The only problem may be 'minors' who should be with adults.

My teenage granddaughters sailed on QM2 with their other grandparents and 2 adjoining rooms were booked. However, Cunard insisted that 1 adult should be in each room on the booking form.

When they embarked, the grandparents slept in one room and the girls were in the adjoining room.

There are adults in both cabins along with the children, however to enable us to book the FV, we needed five in the room. As all the 2A cabins can accommodate 3, we thought it wouldn't make much difference (same number of passengers in the party) if we are able to swap once onboard. If we can't, it's no big deal :). I decided against two interconnecting rooms as the current offer meant the kids wouldn't have got the drinks package (in theory, I would have been indirectly paying for the packages though).

The video is the same as the one quoted by the other poster :).

We have gone ahead and booked to ensure we got the FV cabin and the current offer of OBC & drinks package (also combinable with open passages ;)). Don't mind if the couches are upholstered in cloth, that balcony would definitely compensate :D.

Really excited to be going to Iceland.

As far as I'm concerned, there are no negatives associated with these cabins. They're wonderful. We did not experience any movement issues. Can't answer your question about booking with 5 people, there were only two of us. We upgraded from a standard balcony cabin when these cabins became available for all to book. It was worth every penny we paid!

As far as I'm concerned, there are no negatives associated with these cabins. They're wonderful. We did not experience any movement issues. Can't answer your question about booking with 5 people, there were only two of us. We upgraded from a standard balcony cabin when these cabins became available for all to book. It was worth every penny we paid!

Thanks for the feedback :). We have booked 8166 and I can't wait to sit on that balcony, even if it's in my coat holding a hot toddy :D.

Available for 3? This far out? Seems improbable. I'm guessing that it never was available for 3, it might have shown on inventory as not yet booked. But wouldn't have been available for a party of fewer than 5

It can happen and does. I booked mine 18 months out!:):)

BILL

Archived