Happy Canada Day

rafinmd

Thank you for all the good wishes and Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians. It's a beautiful day here on the farm, northwest of Calgary. We won't be doing much in the way of celebrating as we are cleaning and packing in preparation of our trip to Europe on Thursday. As I won't be posting on Thursday, "Happy 4th to our Southern Neighbors" just a bit early.:D

As it seems there are a few sailaway addicts floating around today, I'll tell you a funny story. Yesterday I was sitting in the den with my foot up (stress fracture), I suddenly heard sea-going sounds, and went to check. My daughter was watching a sail away on the Port Everglades webcam! It was just an RCCL ship, no black hull, and the toots were a different pitch, but it was a taste - and I was so amused that DD is now hooked, too. (I sent her the link so she could watch us leave in April.) She has also sent the site to friends, who also watch!:D

As it seems there are a few sailaway addicts floating around today, I'll tell you a funny story. Yesterday I was sitting in the den with my foot up (stress fracture), I suddenly heard sea-going sounds, and went to check. My daughter was watching a sail away on the Port Everglades webcam! It was just an RCCL ship, no black hull, and the toots were a different pitch, but it was a taste - and I was so amused that DD is now hooked, too. (I sent her the link so she could watch us leave in April.) She has also sent the site to friends, who also watch!:D

Too funny :D.

Maasdam is in Halifax today. All those lucky cruisers...... wish we were there!!!

You'd think with only 3 ships to consider from David's list I could have remembered correctly which ship was in Halifax.

Lauranne. thank you in advance.

Lorekauf, best wishes as you continue to mend and it sounds hopeful that the Calgary floods are now under control.

Roy

That's a fun story. :) Thanks for sharing.

You have created a new generation of sailaway/cruise addicted. :D

You should be proud. :) Well Done! :cool:

Hal's hulls are dark blue - not black.

Hal's hulls are dark blue - not black.

Right, it's been months, and my memory is not good - but Cunard's are black, right? I like those, too. White just doesn't seem like a proper colour for a ship's hull.:)

Maasdam is in Halifax today. All those lucky cruisers...... wish we were there!!!

You'd think with only 3 ships to consider from David's list I could have remembered correctly which ship was in Halifax.

Lauranne. thank you in advance.

Lorekauf, best wishes as you continue to mend and it sounds hopeful that the Calgary floods are now under control.

Roy

Thank you. This is the first day I haven't asked myself why I did this. I feel like I'm finally turning the corner on it. Things are starting to turn around regarding the floods. My colleagues will be returning to work tomorrow for the first tiime since June 20th and I believe the stampede will still go ahead on Friday.

Yikes, I messed up this quote pretty bad.

I'm with you on #49. :eek: However, I love #35 - great invention. Thanks for posting this & Happy Canada Day to you.:):cool:

LOL... I like #8 though that is a pretty anemic looking example compared to what we have gotten in Canada. There can never be too much gravy and cheese curd. :p

A Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors!! :D

Great story. You have passed the torch to the next generation. I just wish there were more good webcams in the north. The last sailaway seems so long ago.

Sorry about your foot. Hope it heals quickly.

Hope everyone in Canada has had a great day!

You did. The Maasdam is sailing down the St. Lawrence, and the Veendam is in Halifax.

Archived