Eclipse-Maichael's Club Question

gsb

Michael's on Reflection had a steady crowd but wasn't crowded and they were never short on the craft brews. We managed to make it through the entire menu in a week. :D I certainly hope they leave it as is.

No and many conjecture that the craft brew concept will slowly go away on the other ships, the way that the hours are so restricted and so few craft beers are actually available, despite what the menus may claim

I certainly hope not. I do not believe the hours are any different with or without the beer concept. IMO they have a very interesting selection of beer. The tappist ones were my favorite.

I hope it has not changed since the last time I sailed. I am sorry that you were disappointed.

We sailed on Eclipse in March 2015, my DH and another Roll Call member had decided to visit Michaels Club to try to sample(during the course of our 14 day cruise and with the premium drinks package) the 40 different speciality beers we had read about on offer, only to discover on the first night on board the Barman in Michaels Club said they didn't stock the speciality beers at all onboard Eclipse.

I don't know if this has changed now or not.

Texmex

We sailed on Eclipse in March 2015, my DH and another Roll Call member had decided to visit Michaels Club to try to sample(during the course of our 14 day cruise and with the premium drinks package) the 40 different speciality beers we had read about on offer, only to discover on the first night on board the Barman in Michaels Club said they didn't stock the speciality beers at all onboard Eclipse.

I don't know if this has changed now or not.

Texmex

Obvious it was not 2015. Are you sure it was the Eclispe and not one of the older Solstice class ships that do not have the newer version Michael's. if not it is a change because they certainly stocked the speciality beers in 2011.

Obvious it was not 2015. Are you sure it was the Eclispe and not one of the older Solstice class ships that do not have the newer version Michael's. if not it is a change because they certainly stocked the speciality beers in 2011.

Texmex ferr was on our roll call,Eclipse March 2013, sailing the southern Caribbean.

Maybe it was the sailing; ie inability to re- stock with the 40 different speciality beers in Fort Lauderdale.

OOOPPPSSSS:o, sorry I did mean March 2013, probably put 2015 because we're thinking of doing it all again in March 2015.;)

and it was definitely Eclipse, my DH was not very happy when he discovered Micheals Bar didn't have the beers we had read about before going on our cruise. As Upwarduk says, it might've had something to do with us sailing from Ft Lauderdale, because I also read they had kettles in the staterooms too, but then found out they were only for European sailings and not used in the Caribbean.

Texmex

OOOPPPSSSS:o, sorry I did mean March 2013, probably put 2015 because we're thinking of doing it all again in March 2015.;)

and it was definitely Eclipse, my DH was not very happy when he discovered Micheals Bar didn't have the beers we had read about before going on our cruise. As Upwarduk says, it might've had something to do with us sailing from Ft Lauderdale, because I also read they had kettles in the staterooms too, but then found out they were only for European sailings and not used in the Caribbean.

Texmex

Hi Margaret,

I asked our stateroom attendant for a kettle too and was told that they were packed away in Miami, but would be taken out after the next cruise, ready for when Eclipse did her TA to Southampton.

IMO it would be far safer providing them to those who asked for them, rather than passengers carrying hot drinks back to their cabins via lifts.

I also asked for a kettle at customer relations and was by the phoned Customer Relations Manager to explain the Americans don't want kettles. I pointed out that there were 600+ British passengers on board! The upshot was that we were invited to dine with the Customs Relation Manager on the second Formal Night.

Texmex ferr was on our roll call,Eclipse March 2013, sailing the southern Caribbean.

Maybe it was the sailing; ie inability to re- stock with the 40 different speciality beers in Fort Lauderdale.

I will certainly be disappointing if this is the case in January 2014. My 2011 B2B on the Esclipse was OK, so it must not be the fact that it sails from Fort Lauderdale. I hope that it was a temporary problem.

I will certainly be disappointing if this is the case in January 2014. My 2011 B2B on the Esclipse was OK, so it must not be the fact that it sails from Fort Lauderdale. I hope that it was a temporary problem.

It might be worth checking with Celebrity, because we were of the impression that it was the norm for Eclipse, from what the barman said (We don't know how long he'd been on the ship).

Just a thought....

Texmex

It might be worth checking with Celebrity, because we were of the impression that it was the norm for Eclipse, from what the barman said (We don't know how long he'd been on the ship).

Just a thought....

Texmex

Hasn't it recently been used as a piano bar rather tha a craft beer bar. Only on Eclipse this is so, I think

I have been on 5 Solstice class cruises, so perhaps I am getting confused. I thought the Eclipse Michael's was the newer "beer style", but I know the Silhouette was the new style and perhaps the Eclipse was not. I know the Solstice is the older style.

Perhaps that would explain why the Eclipse does not have all the different kind of beers.

The problem with the craft beer concept is that they are mostly micro brews and not true craft beers. :D

Have you been on the Silhouette and experienced the new concept? I really it very different with many imported beer options.

Archived