Why I don't fly!

Taxguy77

I have an artificial hip. I'm very happy to live in an era that has such marvels, but sometimes it becomes a pain. I have been man(+-)handled at airports, and even had my pants drop to the floor once! My wife gasped, my son-in-law had just said Oh , here come the rubber gloves", my grandson thought it was so funny, he almost fell on the floor laughing!

I was trapped in a plastic tube with a German lady who did not speak English (I don't speak German) for quite a while. She was first in line, so no one could help me; they had to get a female attendant for her before the male attendant who was waiting just stood around for ten minutes, waiting for me to be the first in line. (TSC, you're tax dollars at work?

I have to add that I am 70 pounds heavier and less thanhalf as fast as I was when I enjoyed flying and you find me, a man that will drive, but NOT fly.

EXCEPT on a private plane, 6 or fewer people. Love that, hope to get the right seat.

I am the opposite. My husband and I are frequently (he is always) hand searched. It doesn't bother either of us, one bit. I comply with anything they ask and never question. There is no way to insure safety 100%.

I am the opposite. My husband and I are frequently (he is always) hand searched. It doesn't bother either of us, one bit. I comply with anything they ask and never question. There is no way to insure safety 100%.

Ā 

I agree.

Ā 

As long as it makes us safer (and I believe it does) I will comply with searches.

Ā 

Keith

I agree with the searches, but wonder why most ( in my experience anyway) European airports do not insist on show removal. I also question whether it really does make us safer?

I don't mind the search either. They do it for security reasons and I want the flight to be as safe as possible!

Ā 

What I do mind is the rule for liquids. If a group of people wants to, they can pass security with liquids in small bottles and after security they can pour everything in a larger bottle. Because of that I really can't see how bigger bottles through the security can be a safety issue.

As someone who travels much of the time for work, it's really not a bother to me. It's not fun, but it's part of travel. Once you get a routine down, it's really quite quick, and the more you travel, the easier it becomes. That was before I had Pre-Check...now, it's even easier!

Ā 

I agree with the searches, but wonder why most ( in my experience anyway) European airports do not insist on show removal. I also question whether it really does make us safer?

It's very much an American thing. I've never had to do it in Australia/New Zealand, Asia (except for once in a while in China, but it's still rare), Europe, Africa, South America...nowhere. Not sure if Israel does it? I've only entered/exited Israel by land in recent times.

If I refused to fly I'd be unemployed not to mention missing so much of the joy of traveling further than I can drive.

Ā 

A member of my family refuses to fly and has her children and grandchildren terrified of doing so. That makes no sense to me.

Ā 

I refuse to limit the boundries of my life.

I had a hip replacement 12 years ago. It was the best present I ever gave myself and is very little to no bother when flying. Occasionally, I get an extra wand and a pat down, but it's no big deal.

Ā 

Pretty much the same here. I have 2 bionic knees that are priceless to me because they allow me to do everything. If it's a little more hassle at the airport, I feel it's a small price to pay. I always use the body scanners though if they are available!

Ā 

I fly because that's the only way to get to where I want to be!

Archived