Cruise points?

I think this may be where the problem comes in. I had them add two cruises by faxing over S&S cards. So now all of my cruises are listed, it adds up to 55 points but the left side of the form says 45 pints and platinum,,,,

If the cruises they added were taken before 2011, then that may account for the difference. We can help if you list the date of the cruise, the number of nights, and the stateroom category.

If the cruises they added were taken before 2011, then that may account for the difference. We can help if you list the date of the cruise, the number of nights, and the stateroom category.

I know what my points are, my question is for my kids. Their past cruises, all 7 nighters except the Liberty which was 5 nights, are:

Freedom – '07 - E2

Liberty – '08 - RFS

Adventure – '09 - GS

Freedom – '10 - GS

Allure – '11 - D1

Liberty - '11 - E1 (sailed in December, double points?)

Thanks for your help.

I know what my points are, my question is for my kids. Their past cruises, all 7 nighters except the Liberty which was 5 nights, are:

Freedom – '07 - E2

Liberty – '08 - RFS

Adventure – '09 - GS

Freedom – '10 - GS

Allure – '11 - D1

Liberty - '11 - E1 (sailed in December, double points?)

Thanks for your help.

Assuming the Allure cruise was after Jan 2011, then this added up to 7 old credits, which should have converted to 52 points. Add the 12 points for Allure and Liberty gets 64 points. No double points for December since they were not Diamond.

One of the quirks of the points conversion was the difference between 7 old credits and 8 old credits. With 7 old credits, they added 3 points for the fudge factor. With 8 old credits, they added 13 points for the fudge factor, a significant difference.

Assuming the Allure cruise was after Jan 2011, then this added up to 7 old credits, which should have converted to 52 points. Add the 12 points for Allure and Liberty gets 64 points. No double points for December since they were not Diamond.

Yes, the Allure was in April 2011. My husband and I are diamond so the double points wouldn't apply to them as they currently have our status? If not, not a big deal as they will certainly hit diamond (on the current C&A plan) before they turn 18. Thanks very much for your help.

Yes, the Allure was in April 2011. My husband and I are diamond so the double points wouldn't apply to them as they currently have our status? If not, not a big deal as they will certainly hit diamond (on the current C&A plan) before they turn 18. Thanks very much for your help.

Sorry, I neglected to consider that the children had your status during the DID event. Then they should have an additional 5 points, so a total of 69.

We are not retired yet and can only afford to cruise every two or three years. Living in California our options for our preferred line (RCI) are limited. We always get a Grand Suite and try to do a B2B to make the transportation cost effective. Since i am a teacher we can only cruise in the more expensive summer months. Eliminating points, based on cruise frequency, hurts loyal, hard working cruisers.

It's not about punishing anybody, Its about them continuing to be able to reward their actual frequent cruisers without having to pull another move like kicking Diamonds out of the CL.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It isn't about the number of Diamond or higher members in Crown and Anchor but about the number of those people who are onboard on any particular cruise that can cause the over-crowding. The people who have achieved a certain level in C &A and who aren't cruising now aren't going to be onboard your cruise to create a problem. So your solution would, in fact, punish those whose circumstances might have temporarily eliminated their ability to cruise. In fact, setting an arbitrary date when points would expire could exacerbate the problem as persons at risk of losing their points scurried to book another cruise just to avoid losing their points.

It isn't about the number of Diamond or higher members in Crown and Anchor but about the number of those people who are onboard on any particular cruise that can cause the over-crowding. The people who have achieved a certain level in C &A and who aren't cruising now aren't going to be onboard your cruise to create a problem. So your solution would, in fact, punish those whose circumstances might have temporarily eliminated their ability to cruise. In fact, setting an arbitrary date when points would expire could exacerbate the problem as persons at risk of losing their points scurried to book another cruise just to avoid losing their points.
It's more about curtailing the influx of new D/D+ members. You'd really have to have a breakdown of the cruising patterns of members to know whether it would help or not.

It's more about curtailing the influx of new D/D+ members. You'd really have to have a breakdown of the cruising patterns of members to know whether it would help or not.

So your strategy is to restructure the loyalty program so it discourages anyone but people who can afford to sail multiple times per year from becoming or staying loyal:confused: Yep, that would really benefit RCL's bottom line:rolleyes:

It's more about curtailing the influx of new D/D+ members.

Please do not even write this:eek:

We were chugging along at platinum when they added the Emerald step. :cool: It just made diamond move farther away.

We turn Diamond on our next cruise. No changes please.

So what are you saying? "I reached the Diamond or Diamond Plus level and don't want anyone else joining the club"? That "influx of new D/D+ members" is exactly what RCI wants if they are to continue to operate profitably and their current policy encourages that. But in the long run, it is the cruise experience that makes past guests return to RCI time and time again, not the relatively minimal perks that the C&A program offers.

Thanks for writing what I was thinking. :)

Archived