Could you rather have the same waiter or different every night

Hi

I was wondering what is better for the majority, to have the same waiter every night or to have a different one by doing my time dinning.

Thanks !!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi

I was wondering what is better for the majority, to have the same waiter every night or to have a different one by doing my time dinning.

Thanks !!

If she/he is good same one, if not then a different one.

Assuming the waiter is not a dud, we much prefer having the same one each night. They get to know your preferences for drinks and other things so you don't need to repeat the same requests over and over. If you plan accordingly, you can get the same waitstaff with MTD.

We prefer the same waiter

Didn't expect the same waiter when we did MTD but we had the same table assignment there as well, no matter what time we went

On one of our Explorer cruises we ate at Portofino's 5 times (due to a problem in the main dining room) and then again - same waiter!

Hi

It makes no difference to us, if the waiter is a good one.

Recently on the Brilliance we dined at different times on different nights and had several different waiters who were all good.

We hate it when a waiter presumes to know our preferences and brings us the same thing we had previously without asking.

That may be fine for those who only want the same thing night after night, but we like variety and usually want to try something different.

So it is awkward when a waiter places a drink (or dessert, or anything else) in front of us that we do not want, just because it is what we had the last time.

Don't see where it is any great effort just to ask for what we want each time.

Hi

Thanks !!

We love having the same waitstaff. They get to know you and know your tastes, so you don't have to go over it every night. It is nice to have the recognize you as you walk in and call you by name. We always try to have the same wait staff throughout our cruise. In fact on our B2B we had the same wait staff for the entire 14 days. it was perfect.

We like the same waiter because as we found out in the past, there are some duds. We had a young lady on Allure that was just awful. When we went back the next night they said it would be a while before she was available. Before the maitre d' could finish her sentence we said, "Next available please." She could have just had a bad day but we weren't rolling that dice for the next meal. The new waiter was great and we stuck with him for the rest of the week.

Archived