What type of Rolling Duffle Bag do you use?

Please share names, pics, or links to what type of durable rolling duffle bag you use for carry on!

I have looked up a couple but they did not have great reviews on Amazon.

Also, and I am sure this is a silly question for some of you, but do carry on bags need to have luggage tags on them as well?

Thank you for your time!

Please share names, pics, or links to what type of durable rolling duffle bag you use for carry on!

I have looked up a couple but they did not have great reviews on Amazon.

Also, and I am sure this is a silly question for some of you, but do carry on bags need to have luggage tags on them as well?

Thank you for your time!

Try ebags.com -- they have EVERYTHING, all price ranges related to travel packaging/luggage, including some awesome travel purses.

I bought a set off amazon back in 2010. It was a 5 piece set for $115.00! The rolling carryon has those 360 degree spinny wheels which is good for tight spaces and you can roll your suitcase sideways.

Mine was "Caribbean Joe Coral Reef Aqua Green 5-piece Luggage Set". It is cloth sided but it has held up well during cruises as well as a few flights out of town. I am very pleased with my set and you cant beat that price!

My husband got a good sized rolling duffle bag at a local store - it was 50% off and he had a coupon for an additional 20% off, ended up getting it for $16! He's had it for about 3 years now, uses it on cruises and flights for his checked luggage, so it's had some rough treatment. It's held up great! Have no idea what brand it is. Sometimes the cheapies hold up better than the expensive stuff.

We got ours at LL Bean too. Love them. The thing about LL Bean is they will repair of replace it if something goes wrong.

I know that they have a lifetime warranty on backpacks.

I have an Eddie Bauer one that I got on clearance at Target.

It has held up really well.

We even used to check it overstuffed with bottled water and snorkel gear as we used to cruise with all three kids, before they left the nest.

We would cram as much as we could and still get the zipper closed.

So heavy that you could not pick the thing up.

We use a regular rolling suitcase with the four wheels which is so much better for steering than the ones with two wheels. It's fairly large and we carry on our camera, tablet, meds, wine, soft drinks, and water. We then use it to wheel off all of our duty free.

I used to check my regular luggage and carry a duffel. Last year I got tired of carrying around my duffel (cords, cables, cameras, gadgets, etc) so I went to Target and got this:

ful.jpg

It's held up well and I now use it for weekend trips or overnight trips all the time and I love it. It's made by "ful". You can get them online or in most "big box" stores.

Happy traveling!

Love love our Eddie Bauer rolling duffel bag so much ,we bought a second one.

They call it their Rolling Commuter Duffel, it's 12"W x 21"H x 11"D and there are larger sizes.

Don't know what their official warranty is but after 4 years, the telescoping handle on the first one broke.

They replaced it at one of their outlet stores with no questions and without a sales receipt.

We use these smaller carry-on sized bags depending on the trip length, as our shared, primary or secondary bag.

I like Bean but their equivalent was a lot more.

We do self debark.

The rolling duffel that we have is pretty big, but it is small enough that I can smash it down and jam it into my big suitcase.

As we usually drive to port, I have a big suitcase, with wheels of course, that is just for cruises and such.

I guess if I bought something that would not fit I could put it in the rolling duffel, but I am old and I already have too much junk already.;)

the rolling duffle bag at Costco is what I have. It has been on several cruises and many personal and business trips. I need to replace it this year it is starting to show wear in the zippers, but it is 10 years old too. The wheels and handle still work like new. I think they are like 60 bucks

You might want to check out this Osprey bag

http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/ultra-light_bags/ozone_2880l

It is expensive but weighs less than 5 ponds and Osprey bags are guaranteed for anything forever. This means that unless the airline misplaces it, you will never have to buy another bag.

We also have one of these as a carry on

http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/ultra-light_bags/ozone_2246l

which is also very light.

DON

I have two 28"/30" duffels that look almost the same, although one is brighter, and a little more stylish. Both are compartmentalized or can be divided in half with a top section and a bottom. I use the bottom to store shoes, and odd stuff. They also have several pockets around the bag for socks, underwear, or items that can be rolled or a small. One is by High Sierra (on sale/clearance for $79) and the other is by Protege ($30.00) from Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart bag has seen more use than the High Sierra bag, and packs more, along with rolling easier than the High Sierra. Both have issues with the sturdiness of the handle, but get the job done.

2006540696_HighSierra2822.jpg.2d6156e858370b234864ec5fe94bf650.jpg

1102462308_WalMartProtege3022.jpg.4c49fb87db78747648947b3f92d4eaa8.jpg

We have two 24 inch High Sierra duffels and love how much you can pack in them and they do pull easy. Had one wheel break and just called High Sierra, gave some information and received a "free" new wheel in 3 days. DH had no problem changing the wheel.

I have two 28"/30" duffels that look almost the same, although one is brighter, and a little more stylish. Both are compartmentalized or can be divided in half with a top section and a bottom. I use the bottom to store shoes, and odd stuff. They also have several pockets around the bag for socks, underwear, or items that can be rolled or a small. One is by High Sierra (on sale/clearance for $79) and the other is by Protege ($30.00) from Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart bag has seen more use than the High Sierra bag, and packs more, along with rolling easier than the High Sierra. Both have issues with the sturdiness of the handle, but get the job done.

Thanks for your post. I have been eyeing the Protégé 30" rolling duffles at Walmart for my older boys ( to save them from the pink and purple suitcases). I wondered if they would hold up fairly.

I know that they have a lifetime warranty on backpacks.

I have an Eddie Bauer one that I got on clearance at Target.

It has held up really well.

We even used to check it overstuffed with bottled water and snorkel gear as we used to cruise with all three kids, before they left the nest.

We would cram as much as we could and still get the zipper closed.

So heavy that you could not pick the thing up.

Bean's guarantee is on every item they sell. If you are not satisfied with any item, for any reason, they will replace it or refund your money. It got so bad up here in Maine, where every school kid has a Bean backpack, that kids were stealing them and taking them to the store to get money. So, Bean's had to change their policy (not sure if it's still this way), that backpacks will not get a refund, just a replacement.

I only buy Bean's luggage. If the airlines or the cruise ship damages the bag, I just take it back for a new one.

Thanks for your post. I have been eyeing the Protégé 30" rolling duffles at Walmart for my older boys ( to save them from the pink and purple suitcases). I wondered if they would hold up fairly.

I have used them while camping, on several cruises, numerous flights, also to travel to Asia with no problem. The were more than stuffed, and hold up great. I like the snap buckles that keep the bottom firmly attached to the top half. They also came with bungee type cords to compress everything together, but I cut them off when I forgot to secure them and they got caught in an airport escalator. They hold up just a good as anything out there, and for $28 bucks, they're well worth it. I just wished they came in other colors besides grey/blue black and red, so I could match it with my other luggage.

Archived