Holland America to Introduce a New Promotion Called Explore4

LAFFNVEGAS

I think one thing everyone is missing in this offer is that this is HAL's way to "Introduce" the Beverage Package and to get passengers accustom to purchasing this. If given to them the first time they most likely will decide that it is of value to them (or at least that is what HAL is hoping) That is basically what Celebrity did and no with out even offering it to their regular passengers as a promo no they sell it on a regular basis. HAL has had it for a short while and I think it is not selling at all so this way if they can get passengers using it they will think to purchase next time around.

I think one thing everyone is missing in this offer is that this is HAL's way to "Introduce" the Beverage Package and to get passengers accustom to purchasing this. If given to them the first time they most likely will decide that it is of value to them (or at least that is what HAL is hoping) That is basically what Celebrity did and no with out even offering it to their regular passengers as a promo no they sell it on a regular basis. HAL has had it for a short while and I think it is not selling at all so this way if they can get passengers using it they will think to purchase next time around.

Yes, it would seem to be a marketing tool to encourage early bookings and to accustom people to the beverage package.

Is it your feeling, Lisa, that if/when prices drop they will be under a different rate/promo code that will not be combinable with this promo? In other words, the promo applies only to a set of specific rate codes and people later may have to choose between keeping the promo or taking advantage of a reduced fare?

Yes, it would seem to be a marketing tool to encourage early bookings and to accustom people to the beverage package.

Is it your feeling, Lisa, that if/when prices drop they will be under a different rate/promo code that will not be combinable with this promo? In other words, the promo applies only to a set of specific rate codes and people later may have to choose between keeping the promo or taking advantage of a reduced fare?

Oh MOST Definitely!! This will be HAL's way to lock people in to keeping the slightly higher rate. HAL has been introducing Flash rates many time before final, then people will call up and switch there will be a lot more to lose by having this on the reservation. As well as the booking early thing. HAL for many years now has taught their loyal passengers to wait and not book till the last minute. With offering this it will encourage many to book early or at least I am sure this is what they are hoping.

Oh MOST Definitely!! This will be HAL's way to lock people in to keeping the slightly higher rate. HAL has been introducing Flash rates many time before final, then people will call up and switch there will be a lot more to lose by having this on the reservation. As well as the booking early thing. HAL for many years now has taught their loyal passengers to wait and not book till the last minute. With offering this it will encourage many to book early or at least I am sure this is what they are hoping.

Thanks for your insight ... you pretty much confirmed what I suspected. Further, perhaps HAL is hoping that by encouraging early bookings they may not need to do so many upsells at a pittance or free upgrades.

Hi

Thinking we can say goodbye to wine stewardsin the MDR. How long will you have to wait for that glass of wine?

I would never drink that much 39.00 a day each person.

HAl will be getting a lot of drunks if people buy this package.

A room of 4 around 160. a day. what a rip off

Mary

No, you shouldn't lose your wine waiters. They will still bring your wine to you (or any other drink you require) minutes after you've sat at the table.

At least, that's what happens with Costa.

I haven't seen any drunks aboard either.

No, you shouldn't lose your wine waiters. They will still bring your wine to you (or any other drink you require) minutes after you've sat at the table.

I haven't seen any drunks aboard either.

Yeah, that so doesn't happen on Hal. The wine stewards are beyond slow. On Princess the waiters bring you food and alcohol and I've never waited like I do on Hal.

HAL isn't Costa. One can never assume that a given procedure is standardized across all cruise lines. It can be quite a surprise to sail a new-to-you line and find "This isn't how they do it on (fill in the blank)" cruise line.

Wasn't able to read through the whole thread, but was hoping someone could quickly answer my question. Is the Explore4 promo still available if you book through a TA? Have been eying a few holiday cruises for awhile and some are eligible.

The explore4 Cruise Catalog I received in the mail states one must "book by August 31, 2013 to enjoy all four of these exceptional offers".

Does this mean the promotion is only going to run for one month? That is a lot of publicity expense for such a short time period.

Also, do you think this can be combined with an on-board booking?

Wasn't able to read through the whole thread, but was hoping someone could quickly answer my question. Is the Explore4 promo still available if you book through a TA? Have been eying a few holiday cruises for awhile and some are eligible.

yes - absolutely - my TA took care of it and my cruise was already booked:D

The explore4 Cruise Catalog I received in the mail states one must "book by August 31, 2013 to enjoy all four of these exceptional offers".

Does this mean the promotion is only going to run for one month? That is a lot of publicity expense for such a short time period.

Also, do you think this can be combined with an on-board booking?

I'm thinking HAL couldn't afford to offer this longer than a month, what a deal! It's worth over $1200 on our cruise, and ours is only 12 days.

If you mean can it be combined with future cruise deposit OBC, yes, ours was combinable along with shareholder credit and welcome back credit.

I'm thinking HAL couldn't afford to offer this longer than a month, what a deal! It's worth over $1200 on our cruise, and ours is only 12 days.

If you mean can it be combined with future cruise deposit OBC, yes, ours was combinable along with shareholder credit and welcome back credit.

Thanks for the information!

If I may be so bold ,what is a "welcome back credit"? I know about OBC and shareholder credit but have never heard of the other. Also, do you know if there is a " welcome to 4 star status " credit????

Thanks for the information!

If I may be so bold ,what is a "welcome back credit"? I know about OBC and shareholder credit but have never heard of the other. Also, do you know if there is a " welcome to 4 star status " credit????

LOL -- that would be nice (welcome to 4-star) :D

The Welcome Back OBC is an offer by email you get after returning home from a cruise. I think it says something like "book by xxxx date and get xxx OBC" -- so basically if you book by a certain amount of time after returning home, it is offered.

You can also ask for it if you don't get the email. :)

LOL -- that would be nice (welcome to 4-star) :D

The Welcome Back OBC is an offer by email you get after returning home from a cruise. I think it says something like "book by xxxx date and get xxx OBC" -- so basically if you book by a certain amount of time after returning home, it is offered.

You can also ask for it if you don't get the email. :)

Thanks!!!!

I think this offer signals the end of bringing unlimited wine and possibly even soft drinks on board.

We're going to take away your unlimited wine but we're giving you this.

Proven right, Laminator! C'mon over to the Cynic's Corner with me. Although I must warn you: it's getting crowded over here.

Drats! We got this information in the mail, but I hadn't had a chance to look at it closely. I just booked a holiday cruise (Christmas) on Ryndam & got no offer, of course, since it doesn't go into effect until Monday. I'll call Monday and see if I can possibly receive it. If not, we still got the cabin we desired, and we'll have a fabulous time, so I won't worry about it. Extras though would have been nice.

Yes, if you book with your TA your cruise could still be eligible.

Hi, here is the list of cruises I got emailed that are valid for this offer.

Thanks for posting this list. It looks like we will be shut out of this AND lose out on the new (stupid) wine policy for our Prinsendam Black Sea cruise in October. I am so mad at HAL right now I could spit!!! They wait to drop all this on us until after we make final payment.

jeez, all we want is a decent glass of wine at a reasonable price. Is that too much to ask???

ML

Thanks for posting this list. It looks like we will be shut out of this AND lose out on the new (stupid) wine policy for our Prinsendam Black Sea cruise in October. I am so mad at HAL right now I could spit!!! They wait to drop all this on us until after we make final payment.

jeez, all we want is a decent glass of wine at a reasonable price. Is that too much to ask???

ML

Let them know with an email, or other social media.

Let them know with an email, or other social media.

yes, I am composing the email I will send now. want to give myself some time to calm down and write a note that expresses my disappointment and annoyance but still be polite about it.

ML

Still dealing with my stupid knee. I'm ready to cut it off at this point. I wasn't prepared for what a pain it was going to be. Some days I doubt it will be better but deep down I know it will. Thanks for the good wishes. I appreciate it.

Lorene, I wish to express to you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery! :)

Edited by GeriatricNurse

Joanie

Thank you so much I have been going crazy. I got one of those new phones and had a message on it and could not read. Thank you for posting it.

I think it went to my spam folder on my computer and I hit delete by mistake.

Mary