Shareholder Credit Difficulties?

sfo2008

Anyone else finding it to be more difficult to get Princess to apply the shareholder credit to their bookings?

My upcoming voyage, my first attempt was rebuffed (too early, can no longer submit until 90 days until voyage) then my second attempt was ignored, the third seemed to work, but it took a fourth attempt to get a confirmation. Grrr.

I am holding 100 Carnival shares which is a non-trivial amount of money and have started showing more loyalty to Carnival brands as a result of a mix of good experiences and the shareholder benefit. For example right now I have 3 upcoming cruises with Princess booked. They will get the $100 benefit and more back from me so why make it so hard??

Aside, the removal of email as an option for submissions really irks me too.

Yes, the procedures changed but it's not a big deal. It used to be that you could only apply after final payment so the return to this isn't a surprise. People were requesting OBC well in advance and then canceling which must have caused all kinds of bookkeeping problems. It's been after final payment for a couple of years or more. So, this makes sense.

When you submit it, you need to make sure you have your most current statement or proof of ownership. Anyone could submit proof after selling the stock so this makes sense as well.

The removal of the email option is a pain but I just fax it in. Easy.

The biggest issue I've had over the past two years and four cruises is that once onboard, my "confirmed" OBC hasn't been applied and I've had to submit a copy of my fax and stock ownership at the PSD. So, a word to the wise: no matter what, bring copies of your faxes. It's a lot easier to fix it onboard than try to get it after returning home.

On the plus side, the stock has gone up $3/share in the last month! :D

I spoke with a gal at Princess regarding procedure as I just purchased the stock in late June. She advised of the 90 day rule, but seemed quite happy to assist a shareholder. She emailed me the form and suggested that I fax it in for quick service. No problems at all.

The biggest issue I've had over the past two years and four cruises is that once onboard, my "confirmed" OBC hasn't been applied and I've had to submit a copy of my fax and stock ownership at the PSD. So, a word to the wise: no matter what, bring copies of your faxes. It's a lot easier to fix it onboard than try to get it after returning home.

Interesting, I've not run into that yet...

As for the timing point the Princess "claim form" does not mention only after final payment neither does the Carnival Shareholder Benefit announcement. Conceptually I'm fine with setting a timeline, but they should disclose it.

Interesting, I've not run into that yet...

As for the timing point the Princess "claim form" does not mention only after final payment neither does the Carnival Shareholder Benefit announcement. Conceptually I'm fine with setting a timeline, but they should disclose it.

It has been that way for quite a while that you could not submit until after final payment. I submitted mine today. I was wondering if Princess notifies you by e-mail or do you just have to watch for it in your Cruise Personalizer? And, also about how long does it currently take? I am having brain freeze and can't remember from the last time. I would imagine Princess a very large amount of requests today as the final payment date for the October Royal Princess Trans-Atlantic was yesterday.

AS an aside, I bought a chunk of CCL when it was very low and have made a pretty good profit as well as quarterly dividends of 25 cents a share which give you a percentage rate that is more than you can get on a CD. For me it is about 3% based on the purchase price.

And I have collected $250 OBC several times, so it is a WIN, WIN, WIN.

Bill

Edited by weberman

It has been that way for quite a while that you could not submit until after final payment. I submitted mine today. I was wondering if Princess notifies you by e-mail or do you just have to watch for it in your Cruise Personalizer? And, also about how long does it currently take? ...

I previously had not experienced the timing issue and it is not disclosed, again I am fine with it but their claim form and what not should disclose it.

They claim it can take 7-14 days.

They are supposed to email you. I think if you know exactly WHAT your cruise credits are supposed to be you can decipher it from the total balance but unlike Carnival.com you cannot see the detail.

They are supposed to email you. I think if you know exactly WHAT your cruise credits are supposed to be you can decipher it from the total balance but unlike Carnival.com you cannot see the detail.
Your TA can verify your OBC. Once onboard, each OBC source is listed separately.

Once onboard, each OBC source is listed separately.

Sort of.

a) Some are listed seperately, but do not indicate what they represent. Just identified as "onboard credit." For example, OBC from Princess Visa credit card use.

b) Some are combined. For example, stockholder OBC and OBC from using an FCC are combined in one total which was identifed (on my last cruise) as "CC-Company Credit."

I recently sent mine in via good ole snail mail (after final payment) and saw it appear on the personalizer 3 days later. But will take a copy of my brokerage acct page with me as Pam suggested just to be sure.

Cori

I've attached a copy of the latest Princess Sharholder Request Form.

As mentioned above, the Restrictions lists This offer can only be applied to bookings under deposit. I fully understand why they want to apply the benefit to bookings after final payment has been made. Rewording that provision would save everyone a lot of time and angst.

There is a line for your email address. If you provide it, you will (should) receive an email confirmation.

There is a statement on the form that Requests will be handled within 7 days. That's not happening and again, is another cause of angst. Leave that statement out or change it to in a timely manner will help matters.

Finally, yes, CCL stock has increased $3 in the past month. Welcome to the roller coaster! Take a look at a 1-year chart for a wild ride. :eek:

Lew

Princess Sharholder Request Form 2013-14.pdf

As mentioned above, the Restrictions lists This offer can only be applied to bookings under deposit. I fully understand why they want to apply the benefit to bookings after final payment has been made. Rewording that provision would save everyone a lot of time and angst.

There is a line for your email address. If you provide it, you will (should) receive an email confirmation.

There is a statement on the form that Requests will be handled within 7 days. That's not happening and again, is another cause of angst. Leave that statement out or change it to in a timely manner will help matters.

Finally, yes, CCL stock has increased $3 in the past month. Welcome to the roller coaster! Take a look at a 1-year chart for a wild ride. :eek:

Lew

Thanks Lew and again if they spelled out the requirements AND pointed to this form in their corporate shareholder document lots of angst Could be eliminated.

I am waiting to see if the 2 requests I faxed in together will both be approved at one time .... there's one that is 35 days from sailing, and the other is 77 days out. (The 2nd one has been paid in full since the day I booked it at the end of January.)

I faxed in my request on June 18 for our August 18 cruise and received an email confirmation within 45 minutes:

Good day,

Thank you for your correspondence. We are pleased to confirm that your Booking #XMXMXM, sailing 18AUG133 on the GOLDEN Princess has been issued a $100 Carnival Shareholder Benefit shipboard credit.

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises, Booking Support

24305 Town Center Drive

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

1 800-PRINCESS

Shareholder Fax: (661) 753-0180

I also got my TA to issue an updated booking summary which reflects this as well.

Both documents are printed and will accompany us at boarding.

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

Thanks Lew and again if they spelled out the requirements AND pointed to this form in their corporate shareholder document lots of angst Could be eliminated.

Makes perfect sense... :rolleyes:

I am waiting to see if the 2 requests I faxed in together will both be approved at one time .... there's one that is 35 days from sailing, and the other is 77 days out. (The 2nd one has been paid in full since the day I booked it at the end of January.)

No comment...just wanted to say hi, Mary Lou! :)

I faxed in my request on June 18 for our August 18 cruise and received an email confirmation within 45 minutes
Okay...that's obviously a world record!! :D

Lew

Thanks for the form.

The form says more information is available on Carnival.com. Is this true?

I always had to go to http://www.carnivalcorp.com to find the latest shareholder information.

Carnival.com is where you search and book Carnival cruises.

I like to think of it as more of a fluke and illustrates the inconsistency of Princess.:rolleyes:

Mike... I hear you loud and clear!

When Liza McDaniel was in charge of Shareholder Benefit, turn around time was consistently 3 to 4 days. Never had to follow up or wonder whether she received a request.

Aaaah...the good old days...

Lew

Thanks for the form.

The form says more information is available on Carnival.com. Is this true?

I always had to go to http://www.carnivalcorp.com to find the latest shareholder information.

Carnival.com is where you search and book Carnival cruises.

Yes, they have the wrong website on the form. Carnivalcorp.com is where you go to get more info

The sad thing is you really have to dig to find any information on the Princess website about Shareholder Benefits. Yo finally get to a link that sends you to carnivalcorp.

Lew, just a question. Where did you find the Princess form to download. The carivalcorp website makes no mention of a Princess form, just to fax the proof of stock ownership with the same information that is on the Princess form.

I think I will resubmit my info on the Princess form just to be on the safe side. I don't think I included my e-mail address.

Princesses website seem to somewhat lacking.

Edited by weberman

Lew, just a question. Where did you find the Princess form to download. The carivalcorp website makes no mention of a Princess form, just to fax the proof of stock ownership with the same information that is on the Princess form.

I think I will resubmit my info on the Princess form just to be on the safe side. I don't think I included my e-mail address.

Princesses website seem to somewhat lacking.

I got the form here on the Princess board in a post by Astro Flyer. One would think there would be a link on the Princess or CCL Shareholder site for the form.

I think you'll be fine without using the form as long as you've included all the necessary info in your original request. Sending in the form in addition to your original won't hurt though. I can tell you that it's taking about 15 days right now from submission to confirmation.

By the way, I followed your thread regarding the issues you had with your flights. I'm very happy you were able to get it solved in your favor. :)

Lew

The information is on the Carnival Corporation website under Investor Relations, Shareholder Benefit (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit).

You can see the credit applied on your Booking Confirmation. If you use a travel agent, you will need to get a copy from the agent - not from Princess.

I always just email a copy to my travel agent and he faxes it to Princess and follows up to make sure it is applied. That is one of the things travel agents are for.

The information is on the Carnival Corporation website under Investor Relations, Shareholder Benefit (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit).

The link you provided brings you to another link that provides a description of the benefits for the various CCL brands. It's not the Carnival shareholder benefit request form.

Lew

Mike... I hear you loud and clear!

When Liza McDaniel was in charge of Shareholder Benefit, turn around time was consistently 3 to 4 days. Never had to follow up or wonder whether she received a request.

Aaaah...the good old days...

Lew

Liza really was the best! She was very efficient and a pleasure to speak with on the telephone as well.

Mike:)