bottled water and soft drinks

goalman

Yes, they do. All you can carry/all you can drink. You may bring soda and/or water aboard on embarkation, or at any port.

This is the policy today. As we have all recently seen, policy can change overnight. So, be sure to check right before your cruise to see if policy is the same.

Does HAL allow bottled water and /or soft drinks to be brought onboard if consumed in cabin? Thinking of the cruise from Tampa on 12/8 on Ryndam. Any comments?

Yes, I believe HAL allows unlimited quantities of soft drinks and bottled water to be brought onboard.

Scott & Karen

Does HAL allow bottled water and /or soft drinks to be brought onboard if consumed in cabin? Thinking of the cruise from Tampa on 12/8 on Ryndam. Any comments?

Welcome to Cruise Critic

So far you can bring all you want on board as others have said.

I love sailing out of Tampa. I don't know your complete itinerary but if you go down to Key West, what a fun town that is.

I am sure that you can take your own bottled water off of the ship in any port rather than pay $3/bottle near the gangway.

Wonder if I could fill my camel back from the ship ? Or is the water from ship undrinkable ? Never thought about it before.

I am sure that you can take your own bottled water off of the ship in any port rather than pay $3/bottle near the gangway.

We do it all the time, in fact we refill our empty bottle each morning before we leave.

Wonder if I could fill my camel back from the ship ? Or is the water from ship undrinkable ? Never thought about it before.

We always drink tap water from the ships. It is more pure and tastes better than most of the bottled stuff we buy. We always drink iced water poured by the stewards in the MDR from pitchers and think it just fine.

I drink lots of water daily.

We do it all the time, in fact we refill our empty bottle each morning before we leave.

Fill your take-ashore bottle with ice instead of water. It will slowly melt giving you ice cold water as needed.

You can purchase a 2-pack of Brita Water Bottles with a filtration system at Target/Walmart/etc. for about $13-$15. They are a good size and have a wide opening so you can fill with ice/water and you're good to go. They might be a good thing to have if you're sensitive to how some water tastes. They don't purify, but can definitely make some water taste and/or smell better. Just a thought...;)

~B~

Our collapsible water bottles do not have tops big enough that we could fill it with ice.

So crush the ice by holding it in the palm of your hand and smacking it with the backside of a spoon - or buy a water bottle with a wide mouth!;)

Our collapsible water bottles do not have tops big enough that we could fill it with ice.

KK .... Where did you buy your collapsible water bottles?

I'd like to get one for our granddaughter who plays college ladies lacrosse (Colgate). She needs to drink water while playing at air temperature and seems it would be a good thing for her and would fold flat when she's finished.

She'd probably like one for cruises too to take on cruises for port stops.

She so strongly feels it's not a good thing to drink anything too cold when her body is hot.

Help!

LuLu

Archived