booking a B2B cruise

blondietoo

How do i go about ensuring that 2 7 day cruises B2B on the same ship are counted as 2 separate cruises rather than 1 14 day cruise???

I hope you are using a travel agent. They will see that you get booked as 2 seperate cruises.

If you want to be booked as 1 cruise and get credit for 2 be sure to check with the Princess Circle Rep and let her know what you want. It can sometimes be advantagous to book as 1 and sometimes to book as 2. Your TA should help you there too. If you are entitled to Shareholder, future cruise or military OBCs it can make abig difference in how you book.

When you book it as two cruises, you will get two booking numbers. If you only get one then it is booked as one. Just tell your TA or Princess how you want it booked.
Exactly.

However, don't be surprised if you pay more for the B2B as two separate cruises (two bookings) than as one booking. Do your research because there are pluses and minus' to each way.

Even if you book as one booking, go to the Captain's Circle Host and have them give you the credit for each booking.

Another difference between booking two cruises (two booking numbers) and one cruise): If you book two cruises and book the same cabin for both cruises, then you may want to request no upgrade. Otherwise you would be upgraded for the two cruises separately. If you book one cruise (one booking number), then any upgrade should be for the whole cruise.

Another difference between booking two cruises (two booking numbers) and one cruise): If you book two cruises and book the same cabin for both cruises, then you may want to request no upgrade. Otherwise you would be upgraded for the two cruises separately. If you book one cruise (one booking number), then any upgrade should be for the whole cruise.

My experience has been that if I am upgraded for a B2B, then I am upgraded to the same cabin for both segments.

My experience has been that if I am upgraded for a B2B, then I am upgraded to the same cabin for both segments.

my experience also. princess links the bookings so they know you are on a b2b.

We could have booked our upcoming on Crown as a B2B ... but decided on the 14 Night (same cruise) so we'd only have one booking number which is more convenient for us. Our long time TA thought so too so that's the way we booked it. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We could have booked our upcoming on Crown as a B2B ... but decided on the 14 Night (same cruise) so we'd only have one booking number which is more convenient for us. Our long time TA thought so too so that's the way we booked it. :)

LuLu

~~~~

I look at the price and take in the OBC we get for FCC, Shareholder and Loyalty. Book what is best for us. With the longer cruises we take we usually do better with multiple bookings.

Book it yourself you can be sure to get what you want. If you want to transfer it later to a TA you can but nobody will care about your booking more then you.

This is so TRUE! I always make my own decisions after considering all options ... just get our TA to book what I wish for us. :)

It's sort of like with investments (stock market, etc) ... no one cares more about my money than I do and would never trust anyone else totally to do it for me. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

That is good to know. We are actually booked B2B2B in guarantees in three different inside cabin categories on the Royal Princess (as certain categories were wait listed). The cruises are linked, and we're willing to take a meta upgrade on each of them. It will be interesting to see how this works out...

my experience also. princess links the bookings so they know you are on a b2b.

For my upcoming cruises next April, the CSR at Princess gave me the code letters which, to Princess, signifies linked cruises.

The one thing I would not take a guaranteed. We went on a cruise with friends who did that for a balcony. We picked our cabin. We keep the same cabin for both cruises but they had to change during the turn around.

We both received two credits automatically. We did not have to go through Captains Circle. But you might check that out.

The advice that some give to check all the options out is wise. That is the most important advice given here.

The one thing I would not take a guaranteed. We went on a cruise with friends who did that for a balcony. We picked our cabin. We keep the same cabin for both cruises but they had to change during the turn around.

We both received two credits automatically. We did not have to go through Captains Circle. But you might check that out.

The advice that some give to check all the options out is wise. That is the most important advice given here.

We are considering a b2b and were wondering about that. On turnaround day do you stay on the ship or do you have to disembark and reembark even with the same stateroom?

We are considering a b2b and were wondering about that. On turnaround day do you stay on the ship or do you have to disembark and reembark even with the same stateroom?

At some point in the morning, everyone has to have been signed off of the ship with the old cruise card. So if you were not going to get off otherwise, you will be asked to meet with others in the same situation about 10 AM. Then as a group you will be led off the ship and, once officials are satsified that all passengers have been accounted for, allowed to return to the ship using the new cruise card, usually within about 15 minutes.

In some non-USA ports you might not have to actually get off of the ship, just checkout with the old card and immediately sign in with the new one.

Our Port was San Juan. We had the option of staying on or getting off. There was a short period of about 2 hours that we had to wait before we could return. There was also a special line for us so we did not have to wait. We just walked back on board as you would at any other port. We chose to get off the ship and go around Old Town San Juan. We had been there before but did not see enough.

This is helpful for us as we are doing a B2B though actually booked as a one cruise. Our changeover day is in Southampton UK. Does anyone know if we have to get off the ship here or not? Not that it is a big problem if it is only for a short time but nice to know. Thank you.

This is helpful for us as we are doing a B2B though actually booked as a one cruise. Our changeover day is in Southampton UK. Does anyone know if we have to get off the ship here or not? Not that it is a big problem if it is only for a short time but nice to know. Thank you.

We did not have to get off in Dover.

Interestingly for our cruises next year following cruise 1, 13 day NZ, we will have 9 days then do cruise # 2, an 18 day Transpacific, yet they called it a b2b. We do have the same ship and room for cruises 1 & 2. The final cruise will be the 12 day Hawaii back to Vancouver. There are 3 differant booking numbers yet they are all linked.

Archived