Amsterdam! Very Cool!

Lauranne

I am holidaying on Quadra Island, one of the discovery islands. We come here every summer (for the past 12 years) but tonight decided to eat at a restaurant (first time) on Cape Mudge which is the opposite side of the island from where we stay. We had just about finished when a cruise ship (unknown) came by followed by a HAL ship. The waiter quickly found some binoculars and sure enough it was the Amsterdam. We are embarking on this very cruise on the 16th of this month so this was so very exciting. We had hoped that we would pass our beloved Quadra in daylight and sure enough we will. Everyone looked to be having a great time :D

I can well imagine your delight in seeing the ship you are about to cruise on sail past.

As I hadn't heard of Quadra Island, nor the Discovery Islands, I googled Quadra Island and see that it is just off Campbell River, on Vancouver Island. It must be a nice place, if you have holidayed there for 12 years.

Quadra Island is perfect for a peaceful, quiet holiday. Not much to do except read, hike and spend some time on the boat. Others enjoy sea kayaking and as mentioned diving. The weather has been glorious! It certainly represents the beauty seen on an inside passage cruise.

Alright this is becoming a regular thing. I took my daughter to the airport on Vancouver Island today (Comox) and on the Ferry back to Quadra both the Zuiderdam and Sapphire Princess went by. I am loving this.

Archived