Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

For our Saturday evening meal with my sister and her husband visiting with our son and the grandsons, we had burgers, fresh sweet corn, etc. Where to get that corn and other goodies? It was our neighborhood community market. See the "photo evidence" below. Yes, that sweet corn was super good, plus wonderful burgers, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 183,016 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From the Saturday morning Clintonville community market, here are a few samples of the flowers, produce, etc., action. This included the sweet corn that was picked fresh early that morning from a location just south of Columbus.:

Aug2015PixsA6_zpswfi1yssm.jpg

Aug2015PixsA7_zpshhiwyehx.jpg

Aug2015PixsA8_zpsaiqmottr.jpg

Aug2015PixsA10_zpsqilxs2eg.jpg

Aug2015PixsA9_zpsgghsuyky.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

Oops, sorry Terry! was trying to post #4999 but you beat me to it. Guess I get #5000!

Congratulations to J.P. on having post #5000. And, that you are approaching 2,000 posts for you and your travels/adventure. Looking forward to reports with your German trip.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For Athens, Greece, check out this posting with many ideas, tips and exciting visuals for our visiting there and nearby. There have been over 11,143 views on this posting. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

Jeff, thanks for the story! Given that engine's rating there is no way it's that slow at 0-62 (or 0-100KPH), though. It must be sub-4 seconds. Chris' S7 is way heavier than that Mercedes, and the engine is similar, and I think hers can do sub-4. My S6 will be a few pounds lighter... :D

Made it home from work just after 4 and Chris & I are going out to dinner to meet a friend from South Carolina. We used to work together in Albany.

Only a few posts to go!

Edited to add: Oops, sorry Terry! was trying to post #4999 but you beat me to it. Guess I get #5000!

JP, nice try for 4999! :). Congrats on 5000 though!

Jeff, thanks for the story! Given that engine's rating there is no way it's that slow at 0-62 (or 0-100KPH), though. It must be sub-4 seconds. Chris' S7 is way heavier than that Mercedes, and the engine is similar, and I think hers can do sub-4. My S6 will be a few pounds lighter... :D

Made it home from work just after 4 and Chris & I are going out to dinner to meet a friend from South Carolina. We used to work together in Albany.

Only a few posts to go!

Edited to add: Oops, sorry Terry! was trying to post #4999 but you beat me to it. Guess I get #5000!

Hi JP,

Yes for some reason Merc unserstate performance but overstate consumption.

This talk of your friend from South Carolina, has meant me chatting to wifey about a trip back to ATL which we miss. You have a great meal!

Today has been a load more stuff from Amazon for my new abode. I've put an inner roof of net curtain isnide to remove glare and make the light wonderful and soft. I need some more ... so we have more tommorw. I have also found a thing called a Flam which is an electric heating element to start my beehive oven without flame .... it is too close to the structure for anything producing flames.

So tommorow I'm hoping to do some slow roast shoulder of lamb with rosemary and garlic and some roasted peppers, courgette and red onion and thyme. And on Tuesday I plan some char siu pork belly .... also in the beehive! Wednesday will be a whole tandoori chicken .... also ... suprise suprise, cooked in the tandoor ...(beehive!) .... and Thursday will be lamb neck fillet brochettes ...

Jeff

ps ... Terry that sweetcorn looks very sweet ... I love barbequed sweetcorn coocked in their little jackets ...... :)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Thanks - was trying to save 5000 for Terry. We must have written our posts at nearly the same time.

That was lovely of you ... but no need to fret.:)

Is it just me?

Is anyone else really irritated by this newish unshakeable mannerism of so many people now responding to a question by starting their response with the word "So ......."?

So when searching on this topic .... there seems to be much opinion.

:(

Jeff

That was lovely of you ... but no need to fret.:)

Is it just me?

Is anyone else really irritated by this newish unshakeable mannerism of so many people now responding to a question by starting their response with the word "So ......."?

So when searching on this topic .... there seems to be much opinion.

:(

Jeff

So....no, I haven't noticed. :) I guess I need to pay more attention! Obviously it must be happening with some regularity if it has become a discussion topic. I need to start reading more posts I think!

So:

Dinner tonight was simple stuff. Didn't have time to go shopping yesterday so we had some frozen salmon that I grilled with a grainy mustard sauce on top. A little corn on the cob and some simple salad of arugula, tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, and Vidalia onion.

upload_-1.jpg

The fish was so-so but the mustard sauce hid most of the blandness. Salad and corn were tasty. The Provencal rose wine was the best part of the meal...

upload_-1.jpg

Off to watch So You Think You Can Dance... Good night all!

JP, that does look wonderful ...... I really love fresh sweetcorn, but I can' bear listening to other people eating them ... I know it's wrong but there you are. Going to Indian Restaurants and listening to a restuarant full of people eating papadoms have the same effect. Or noisy crisp eaters.

Oh well .... I am just grumpy.

Yes, I would like to know...when did the rule emerge that...all sentences begin with...SO! So sorry I got sucked into this thread!

I am so glad there is a fellow suffere. No one understands us - do they? Even JP and he isd heducated. :D

Just when we had lost the Oz-like upward inflection at the end of every sentence that pervaded the whole free world and requires you to confirm that you are following everything that has so far been said (I always keep quiet and refuse to play) .... and just also I was coping with every sentence ending with either "Yer?" + upward inflection (UK) or "You know what I'm sayin ...... " + upward inflection (US) and every other word in the sentence being "like" but not in the sense of similar -I now have to cope with conjunctive abuse as well.

So, that is us done then.

:)

Jeff

Today's things of beauty are two wifey gobshots of her in the lounge at her favourite table at Sydney Airport on different days. It is her favourite lounge and she goes all the way to Oz just for the food .....

Jeff

P1020135.jpg

P1010670.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Yes, I would like to know...when did the rule emerge that...all sentences begin with...SO! So sorry I got sucked into this thread!

Hi duct tape! I have really not noticed the so.... But I did google the thing and there seems to be great discussion as to what message the speaker/poster is sending by using "so" to begin their response. Some suggest the intent is very ego-centered. :( I'll really have to watch for it to see what my take is on the intent.

Today's things of beauty are two wifey gobshots of her in the lounge at her favourite table at Sydney Airport on different days. It is her favourite lounge and she goes all the way to Oz just for the food .....

Jeff

P1020135.jpg

P1010670.jpg

Jeff, thanks for brightening this gloomy, rainy day with shots of your beautiful wife! You have started an interesting discussion with your post on the use of "so" to start a sentence. Maybe I don't get out enough but I really haven't run into the issue. Maybe Canadians are too busy saying "eh" to use "so". :)

Lunch looks yummy! :)

In an effort to cut down on lawn watering and mowing in the summer, I made an executive decision to get rid of the grass at the front of the house. Here is my attempt at xeriscaping. I did not do this myself, needless to say. :)

JNR_B7Ov1A10Pt3O9_E_XgL3nps0qON0djip0ytHBuU=w731-h671-no

River rock now takes the place of grass. The neighbours were a little shocked but most of them liked the result. The plants in the beds and the shrubs are draught tolerant. Mission accomplished!

I tolerate draughts better than droughts any day! Especially the one-liter "maß" draughts that they serve in Bavaria!

Seriously though, cool xeriscaping! Would love to do something like that so I don't have to water the lawn constantly.

I tolerate draughts better than droughts any day! Especially the one-liter "maß" draughts that they serve in Bavaria!

Seriously though, cool xeriscaping! Would love to do something like that so I don't have to water the lawn constantly.

Thanks JP! I am a little red-faced here! I did mean drought. I just had a momentary brain fart! :) We have saved on our water bill and it has saved me from having to mow the darn thing! So I am a fan!

No need to be red-faced. Typos, auto-correct fails, and word substitutions happen to all of us! I have found many of them in my posts...usually about 21 minutes after they are submitted, when it's too late to edit them!

I just couldn't resist a chance to think about our trip to Germany. Next month!

Edited by jpalbny

Good morning coolers .... from what we had been promised last week would be a sunny week is a rainy week instead!

This week is a non-alcohol week so the ice maker is on full blast for lashings of iced water .... still it does us good.

A couple of days ago I was a bit suprised to see in the papers an orbituary to a second cousin of mine, Harry Pitch. I only really knew him as our family band leader. He use to bring his band to all family "do"s ie barmitzvahs, weddings etc for which we use to get family rates or lower. I had no idea of his wider work until his orbituary and I'm sad I didn't.

For those out of the UK his work will not be recognisable at all and to UK people only slightly more.. He was best known for his harmonica playing including stuff like all the music for "Last of The Summer Wine" ... things like "I remember You" by Frank Ifield and he even taught John Lennon to play before "Love Me Do".

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=harry+pitch

The musical extensions to the family even extend to our colonies ..... including The US. Another very distant relation was Paul Miller who had an unkinown band called San Francisco Marching, Trotting and Walking Band. I remember asking as a kid why we had this red record and I was told he was a "cousin". A cousin he might have been but how far removed .... who knows. Our family went everywhere ...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=paul+miller+walking+trotting+marching+band&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=yfbKVauoHoTV7gbT3p34CQ

We seem to have a lot of music people in our family.

Yesterday I fitted some changing colour lights in the undergrowth around La Bistro ... we had some weatherproof sockets fitted on the garden side of it ... and those look lovely ... I'll try and take a piccy or two. All in the best possible taste! ;)

And today my barber is coming to cut off some of my hair and for lunch is Char Siu with some stir fry "whatever I have in the fridge".

Wifey is getting itchy for a trip to Ozland and so I guess I'm going to have to get stuck in to organising that at some time.

This is the view from the suite we use in Sydney and some of the views at night ... we like familiarity and as in other places it is always the same suite.

A good day to all!

Jeff

DSC01227X.jpg

DSC01214X.jpg

DSC01210X.jpg

DSC01206X.jpg

Hi One and All,

It's a beautiful warm sunny day here, perfect for a nice glass of Alsace on the patio!

I have friends on holiday in Cornwall though who are having rain!

Interesting story of Harry Pitch there Jeff, l love old tales like that.

Love lights in the garden...I've had them put in the summerhouse this week, they look so pretty at night and very calming l think....or maybe that's the vodka...;)

Mums taxi job yesterday taking the offspring to Manchester airport from where they flew orff to Rhodes last evening.....had to giggle as l was driving away when DD shouted...." Text me when you get home Mum"! I guess tables turn when one becomes a certain age!! :rolleyes:

Istanbul travel docs arrived this morning...Kempinski Hotel looking rather nice...soon be time to get the clothes rail up :D

Sophia :)