Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Saopy gal, I'm impressed you can spell tcharcootery after lunch ... and have you been misleading Mysty into all day boozing? She's threatenening to send her family over here for feedin' :eek:

You building works seems to be taking longer than it took to build Rome?

Jeff

That is a tasty hot-weather, cold lunch plate. Though you do have to bake the mini-quiche. One of my favorite things to snack on (at any meal) is fresh sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. A little sea salt, maybe some olive oil, maybe not...

Dinner tonight will be tabbouleh salad with a skewer of grilled shrimp on top. The dishes are already made and waiting in the fridge for Chris to assemble when I get home from work tonight. The smell of the grilling shrimp was really tempting this morning; I think I have to go out for a run to clear my nose. If I stay home I might need to find something to eat!

Jeff, I'm afraid if we seriously visit the market and buy food, I'll never leave. We love to wander through food markets wherever we're visiting, but we usually don't cook on our own while vacationing. It may be fun, though. We'll keep weighing our options.

Saopy gal, I'm impressed you can spell tcharcootery after lunch ... and have you been misleading Mysty into all day boozing? She's threatenening to send her family over here for feedin' :eek:

You building works seems to be taking longer than it took to build Rome?

Jeff

Moi misleading anyone!!...Jeffers how could you possibly suggest that..;) am too busy misleading meself ere!!

Furniture has just been deposited in house and looks fab...so time to dish up some fodder!

S:)

That is a tasty hot-weather, cold lunch plate. Though you do have to bake the mini-quiche. One of my favorite things to snack on (at any meal) is fresh sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. A little sea salt, maybe some olive oil, maybe not...

Dinner tonight will be tabbouleh salad with a skewer of grilled shrimp on top. The dishes are already made and waiting in the fridge for Chris to assemble when I get home from work tonight. The smell of the grilling shrimp was really tempting this morning; I think I have to go out for a run to clear my nose. If I stay home I might need to find something to eat!

Jeff, I'm afraid if we seriously visit the market and buy food, I'll never leave. We love to wander through food markets wherever we're visiting, but we usually don't cook on our own while vacationing. It may be fun, though. We'll keep weighing our options.

Ahhh ... no didn't mean cooking ....:D

I was projecting me there .... and I would be picking up a massive self-build but not self-cooked sea food platter ie some cooked lobster, shrimp, crab, oyster -and anything else ready t go and a frozen bottle of something expensive and white l.. perhaps even the lightest fino I could find ....and sit at the table in Citadines overlooking Ramblas. It is the only idea I have that would take me back to Barcelona and it has been on my mind for a long time and I thought you might do it for me!

Jeff

Moi misleading anyone!!...Jeffers how could you possibly suggest that..;) am too busy misleading meself ere!!

Furniture has just been deposited in house and looks fab...so time to dish up some fodder!

S:)

As that Terry geezer keeps showin' off 'is blooms, I thought I'd show how the wild vegetation is runnin' bleedin' wild and already takin' over La Bistro! It was nearly 10 metres long and nearly 3 metres wide a week ago. We daren't sit still!

Jeff

FB958A4C-0866-4198-982D-644B040535F6.jpg

253FE21D-6DE1-4C6E-B2B9-8706B8818CEA.jpg

C80AFAF3-7DDB-4B71-82A9-BAB4DB88EDDB.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

From what you have said .... Terry is a better cook than you ...... :D Jeff

Well, being "worse" than me is hitting pretty low, low. BUT, we know you were only joking!! Right?? Here is the photo results from my sub pick-ups last night. The picture does not do justice for the taste of their subs. Very, very good!! But, I am sure the items by Jeff and JP were even better.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 202,996 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

From Iaccano's here in Central Ohio, here was their two half-subs that I enjoyed last night. One was a meat ball sub with cheese. Then, another half of their special Italian sub. Both excellent!! Great buns and items used to make them. Nicely toasted, etc.!:

Aug2015PixsA7_zpszbr4zrrv.jpg

Jeff - your rampant shrub looks to me like Russian vine (known to us as rushing vine because of the speed it grows at). It is very useful for covering up quickly any eyesores you have in your garden (I am sure you do not have any), but quite hard to get rid of if you want something more 'choice'.

Apologies if I am being rude about your establishment!

Not rude at all. Most of the garden is allowed to run completely wild and untouched and always has been. Never argue with nature. The odd tree falls over but not lately. Yes a lot of Russian Vine.

Really sad to read of the explosion in Bangkok a few hours ago. It's a shrine we know well as it is just close to the Intercontinental. We remember going in to watch the dancers on our last trip. Very sad.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Day of The Triffids springs to mind Jeff! ;) it does however look wild and wicked but indeed a haven for wildlife and l like it.

Offspring are back from Rhodes tomorrow night so mother is off to see St Micheal in the morning to stock their fridge up with goodies.....as us mums do!

Sophia :)

As that Terry geezer keeps showin' off 'is blooms, I thought I'd show how the wild vegetation is runnin' bleedin' wild and already takin' over La Bistro! It was nearly 10 metres long and nearly 3 metres wide a week ago. We daren't sit still! Jeff

Vegetation?? That is some serious "stuff" facing Jeff. We are fortunate to live on 1.4 acres of a wooded ravine area with its own creek, etc. YES, vegetation will grow and grow . . . FAST! But, things for us do not get too over-grown, nor to be too unmanageable.

It is better to have green and growth . . . than to be bare and boring! Fortunately, we are are within a mile of the Interstate highway system and only eleven minutes from being downtown at Ohio's Statehouse, downtown, etc. Plus, close to Ohio State University, major hospitals, shopping, dining delights, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 53,631 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

From Sunday's camera excursion to our nearby community park/rose garden, here are a couple of "vegetitation" pictures that I captured while driving there. First is driving down our driveway with its two metal "features" atop the stone that borders the driveway. These decorative metal "sculptures" were on the top of a 1920's truss bridge over the Olentangy River in Central Ohio. Second is our tree-line roadway toward our main north-south highway in the middle of our town. Nice to live an area with lots of trees!! Green is good!!:

Aug2015PixsA9_zpsocbtp59p.jpg

Aug2015PixsA8_zpsioosa703.jpg

We may have to start calling you Saint Sophia! What a wonderful mum you are! :) I don't think I belong in your circle. I'm not nearly that helpful.

Trust me Mysty, l am no Saint..:rolleyes: l just love doing things for them and they have an overnight flight back tonight so they'll be quite bushed by the morning! I do try and educate them with regard to these stupid charter flights ..one day they'll learn that there are many alternatives!

Today l had lunch with a dear friend at a local cow barn which has been converted into a rather nice eaterie....each section of the barn is named after cows...(no comments please!;) ...we were in Buttercup today and the food was excellent.

Trust me Mysty, l am no Saint..:rolleyes: l just love doing things for them and they have an overnight flight back tonight so they'll be quite bushed by the morning! I do try and educate them with regard to these stupid charter flights ..one day they'll learn that there are many alternatives!

Today l had lunch with a dear friend at a local cow barn which has been converted into a rather nice eaterie....each section of the barn is named after cows...(no comments please!;) ...we were in Buttercup today and the food was excellent.

Oh Sophia! That sounds wonderful! So glad you enjoyed it! And Buttercup is my favourite cow name! Much more elegant than Bessie! :)

Good evening alll ......

One of those days where you feel it is two steps forward and three back! I responded to the request on one of our computers .... an "all in one" to upgrade to Windows 10 ...only to discover that it doesn't include he equiavalent of Windows Media Center without more cash and therefore Windows 10 doesn't recgnise and play imbedded TV tuners. So back it rolled .... a few totally wasted hours! And one of our financial providers asked that we changed passwords on all things "as a precaution" so spent the rest of the day changing loads of different passwords which I guess is a good thing!

Fairly pedestrian lunch of slow roast iamb on whole onions and potatoes and rosemary and a crispy bacon and chip sandwich for supper!

Jeff

0BE90FC1-D4C1-422F-A1B8-AD4B7396A0C0.jpg

7ED24DEF-90F0-489B-851A-E4162541DDB8.jpg

Frustrating way to spend your day Jeff! So you were swallowed up, just not by the elderberry! I'll put my machete away then. The lamb looks perfectly pink and juicy! Not pedestrian by my standards! I've never heard of a chip sandwich though. Does sound intriguing!