Captain Albert Back Onboard Statendam

BSinPNS

With apologies to Paul McCartney ..………

We're so sorry, Captain Albert,

We're so sorry if we caused you any pain.

We're so sorry Captain Albert,

But there's no one left in port

And I believe it’s gonna rain.

But we haven't done a bloody thing all day.

But the Lido’s serving lunch and we're so easily called away.

Hands across the water……

Extremely interesting to me this week because our very good friends are on this Statendam sailing.

Thank goodness they picked this one instead of Celebrity "Millie" with all of the troubles she's having and the remainder of her current cruise being cancelled. :(

Always love Captain Albert's blog! :)

LuLu

~~~~

He has some interesting stuff to say this morning about the onboard passenger surveys:

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/albert/?p=7733

I noticed that, John. Let's hope the wait staff stop their begging for a 9 in the MDR. I only wonder how many people will both when they get back to the real world to bother with the survey.

Also interesting about using tablets in the DR so pax can order their own menu items. Waiters for advising and waiting the tables. To save paper, apparently.

This is what I would call the future, "Signature of Excellence" on a mainstream cruiseline: at least there will still be waiters to bring the food. One step up from the Lido, I guess.

Electronic muster taking at the Passenger Safety Emergency (former muster/lifeboat) drill to follow! Boat commanders will be equipped with PDA's to take passenger's names and cabin numbers as they arrive at their lifeboat/muster station(s). No more yelling names/cabin #s through megaphones. Should speed things up at the drill providing fine folks show up on time. It is currently being tried out on Westerdam in Alaska

Electronic muster taking at the Passenger Safety Emergency (former muster/lifeboat) drill to follow! Boat commanders will be equipped with PDA's to take passenger's names and cabin numbers as they arrive at their lifeboat/muster station(s). No more yelling names/cabin #s through megaphones. Should speed things up at the drill providing fine folks show up on time. It is currently being tried out on Westerdam in Alaska

That's the best HAL news I've heard in a long time.:)

So does this involve scanning the ID card? Sounds like a good idea.

Archived