Bringing wine onboard..is there really a limit?

computerworks

We will be cruising from Valparaiso this Winter and planned to pick up some wine in the valley on the way to the ship.

I have read about a 3-bottle limit for carry-on.. is that a hard and fast rule?

I actually wanted to pick up a case of wine and slap a luggage tag on it. Has anyone done this? ...might it be a problem?

Thanks

We will be cruising from Valparaiso this Winter and planned to pick up some wine in the valley on the way to the ship.

I have read about a 3-bottle limit for carry-on.. is that a hard and fast rule?

I actually wanted to pick up a case of wine and slap a luggage tag on it. Has anyone done this? ...might it be a problem?

Thanks

Yes, we have and there was no problem!

In Barcelona I saw cases of wine being brought on board. I myself ordered six bottles of wine at the wine store located in the Barcelona port. At other times I have brought wine onboard puchased in stores located in the city of embarkation. There has never been a problem. Bring on what you want.

My favourite drink to have in the Cabin is Bacardi which I like late in the afternoon while sitting on balcony (please all remember in case we ever meet).

We boarded in Stockholm and amazingly this is a city that does not have Drinks outlets....it's all state controlled. So I could not buy any onshore.

I ordered a bottle from the Butler and was charged $100 which was very high but I had no choice.

All part of the trip I guess.

Brian

Jim & Stan,

Guess we should be on the program....one time we took along 16 cases of good wine, wasn't a problem to get it on and wasn't a problem enjoying the trip. But know we just take a few bottles of very good wine and buy the "O" drink package.

Rick & Ron

16 cases by 6 bottles......96 bottles

96 bottles 14 days

JUST UNDER 7 BOTTLES A DAY..............must have created your own rock and roll......no need for any rough seas !!

Brian

How do you know it was a 14 day cruise? Maybe it was only a 7 day cruise :eek: or maybe 30 days :)

In any case, that IS a lot of wine.

Interesting read:). This seems to be about bringing alcohol on board at embarkation.

What if I buy a bottle or two on shore days and want to bring them on? We will be cruising the Adriatic and western Mediterranean, and the port destinations are in great wine growing regions (Tuscany, Marseilles etc.)

Swixpat

Oceania has allowed alcohol to be brought aboard both at embarkation and on return from ports of call later.

Oceania has not restricted the alcohol brought aboard, although their documents indicate they can limit it. My understanding is that as long as people conduct themselves appropriately they have no problems. The alcohol can/will be confiscated if they do not.

Can you also bring for example a bottle of Vodka on or just wine and Champagne?

Last year we bought Vodka in Russia and other ports as well as local Beer and had no problem taking it on board both at embarkation and when returning from the port. We always drank in our cabin or balcony never an place else on the ship.

Our Butler would bring us ice and mixers if we asked. Very accommodating!

Anything that you would care to bring on. :D

Unlike those "Other Lines" Oceania treats its' passengers as if they were responsible adults.

So you are insinuating "its' " passengers are not haha

bring it on

So you are insinuating "its' " passengers are not haha

bring it on

No but if you've gone on lines like even HAL and Princess they relieve you of your purchases. We were on Princess on a WINE itinerary and they allowed you only 2 bottles to bring on board pp for the whole cruise for in cabin consumption. The Wine police were more difficult than the TSA. And they kept a list so you could not sneak in any extra. And no hard liquor. Only WINE.

Archived