Lost 108 Pounds and I'm Going Shopping For My Cruise

kakalina

Hi folks,

First time over here in fashion land. I always hated to shop as last year I was a size 28.

I am now a size 10 -12 depending. I discovered that shopping is fun. :D I also just discovered Ross. Wow. Did I go on a spree there yesterday. I should be ashamed but I feel so good.

We are going on a 25 day cruise over the Christmas holidays and I need new everything. From the inside out.

I got two pair of dress slacks one black, one white. Two really cute shrugs one black one white. Several fancy tops in mix and match colors. I got a black glitter top and am looking for a red one. One long crepe handkerchief skirt and a black sequined jacket if needed.

Oh, and three dresses. A great colorblock black on the sides with floral print on the front. A chiffon floaty kind of dress in blue tones and a fit and flare floral print for those teas and such.

What do you think? What else do I need?

Congratulations on being such a loser! You have every right to be proud of yourself.

Your clothes sound wonderful. I would add either shorts or capris Also heels of any height flatter your new legs. A sassy hat is always fun. You should get a couple of bathing suits as well. Treat yourself to nice undergarments and nightgowns too. It is better to have a few wonderful things than keep anything schlumpy or ill fitting.

Have a great time.

What a loser you are!!! :D

You'll need some casual pants and tops, not sure where you are going but are you comfortable in tank tops? If not, fitted t-shirts? Basic colored bottoms with some bright or bold t-shirts and then maybe different wide bracelets? You can wear the bottoms and tops more than once and mix them up with different accessories. If cold weather, a lot of different scarfs to mix and match would work too.

Either way, have fun shopping, you deserve it!

... last year I was a size 28.

I am now a size 10 -12 depending. I

Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss. I've lost 50 lbs myself and counting and my husband about 93 or so. I have another 40 to go to reach my goal weight. Yes, shopping is so much more fun when you are not limited to a tiny section of a store. More options = better savings. Its that simple. Way to go and yeah, you are a major inspiration girl. Keep it up.

You must be so proud of yourself - good for you. Enjoy your new clothes, and the extra space in your suitcase as well! That's something I didn't think about until our first trip after I'd lost nearly 50 pounds . . . my clothes didn't take nearly as much space!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I've lost 50 lbs myself and counting and my husband about 93 or so.

HAHA - I read this as -----I've lost 50 lbs myself and counting my husband about 93 or so! I though, DAMN, her husband must have been very tiny! :eek:

Congrats to the OP! Would you consider recycling any of your old clothes on the sticky at the top of the page. My friend is a 26 and going on her first cruise in 2 weeks.

I'm not going to be a huge help, but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Enjoy your shopping, you deserve it. Definitely find yourself a new swimsuit!

Also, I don't think that you mentioned it, but where are you headed on this cruise? That would probably help with suggestions.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Wow! You are a great inspiration! How did you do it? Hopefully I can reach my weight loss goal by next Fall..slow and sure has been the way for me!

This is a great time to really plan your new wardrobe...I have been pouring over the Vivienne files..she gives a lot of info about capsule wardrobes and it makes so much sense.

http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com/

Another great site is http://www.outfitposts.com/2012/11/one-suitcase-new-outfit-posts-feature.html#.UgpAo-e9KSM.

I wear scrubs to work everyday, so my wardrobe does not have to be extravagant, but using these ideas will make a more inexpensive, useful wardrobe! The most dressed up I get is church and cruises!

Again, Congrats and enjoy your shopping trip!

Lauri

Wow. Thanks for your amazing responses. I'll try to answer all the questions.

We're going to Hawaii/Mexico for 25 days.

It took 13 months to lose 108 pounds.

No special diets, weight loss formulas, surgery or shots. Just myfitnesspal.com and the gym. Eating healthy meals and cutting out snacks and bread.

I haven't condisered donating the clothes yet as I am afraid I will gain it back. I am holding on to them for a year or so. Just in case.

I went shopping again after reading your replies. I have two new bathing suits, 3 capris ( white, black, chocolate) white bermuda shorts cuffed with little anchors in red, 4 new dressy tops, 2 casual tops and a pair of dressy black "skinny" jeans. I'm done. All I need now is a black bra that can be made strapless or regular. I can only get those at Nordstrom. I am down from a 48 to a 34 but still a G cup. D'uh.

I had so much fun shopping with my neighbor. And got an extra 10% off today at Ross. Could I be turning into a clothes ho?

Kakalina:

Awesome and congrats on let your great weightloss!! WOW!! I know how good you are feeling right now! Last Friday I made it to 57 pounds lost. 50 was my first goal, then decided to lose 7 more and now I haven't set another goal. Maybe 60 or 65! I have spent a small fortune on new clothes for our upcoming cruise in September. I actually stopped by Ross last week and bought three new dresses and I was just passing through the store. I could have bought five!!!::eek: Great deals!

This has been so much fun and I'm still losing but trying to decide if I want to continue to lose more. Will continue through the end of September and then probably start maintenance. I'm so concerned about staying on place during the cruise! I went on a Girl's cruise a few weeks ago and put on 10 pounds but dropped it by the end of the next week. Didn't drink enough water on the cruise!

Keep up the good work!

Cheryl

HAHA - I read this as -----I've lost 50 lbs myself and counting my husband about 93 or so! I though, DAMN, her husband must have been very tiny! :eek:

Haha! Yeah, he was a college football player so he is was/is a big boy. 6'5" and a whole lot of man. Lol. With his job, it's as if he does double the workouts. So unfair really. Why is it that men lose weight faster than us? Huh!

...no special diets, weight loss formulas, surgery or shots. Just myfitnesspal.com and the gym. Eating healthy meals and cutting out snacks and bread.

Don't you just love MyFitnessPal, Kakalina? and I agree, no "diets," its all about lifestyle change as cheesy as it sounds.

All I need now is a black bra that can be made strapless or regular. I can only get those at Nordstrom. I am down from a 48 to a 34 but still a G cup. D'uh.

Have you considered reduction? Many insurance plans will pay for it it you have certain symptoms (back/neck pain, shoulder ruts). That is, if you aren't that "attached" to them. I wasn't and it was the best thing I've ever done. I lost ~ 50 pounds and no change in bra size.

Kakalina- What a great accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself. Having lost almost 50 lbs. myself, I know how much more fun it is to buy smaller clothes and clothes that are more fitted, not potato sacks. Be careful though, shopping can be addictive, especially when you hang around this fashion board.

Enjoy your new clothes and your cruise.

I've tried to multi quote but I can't get it to work.

Mochaandhearts: Yes, it is a wonderful website and I would be lost without it. Who knew what was going into my mouth?!

PurpleHays: LOL No, I hadn't given that any thought at all. These things have been hanging off my chest wall since 6th grade. :D At my age I wouldn't know what to do without them. :eek:

Thanks to all of your for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

Archived