"A selection of wines by the glass...."?

Tarpeian Rock

What you posted above is mostly what I saw when we were on board in May. They did not have a daily red and white wine at lunch that changed. It was actually simple..... there is a bar menu -- everything is included except "Remy Martin Louis XIII". There is also a page of included wines. This did not change throughout the voyage and was the same in each lounge and dining venue. While we were not crazy about the wine selections, the spirits menu had anything we would have asked for in a regular lounge.

Were you limited to just the pre-printed cocktail menu? (Thinking of the apparently elusive Bloody Mary.....)

Looks like they sorted it out. Very pleased that PJ is included. Bloody Marys must be an oversight. Told my TA not to cancel the Prestige packages on our two upcomming cruises.

I sure wouldn't take that to the bank (or the bar) given Mr. K's posting here late last week. I'm sure the bar menu that was linked pre-dated Mr. K's last stated opinion on the subject.

rallydave, you mentioned "not sure how other lines handle this" - on Celebrity, the package is by the dollar amount, depending on the package you buy. Such as, all beers up to $XX, and all other beverages up to $XX included. They also offer a discount on bottled wines, if you purchase a beverage package, which I like.

Looks like they sorted it out. Very pleased that PJ is included. Bloody Marys must be an oversight. Told my TA not to cancel the Prestige packages on our two upcomming cruises.

The P-J was always on the bar menu by the glass ...so nothing is sorted in black & white yet

Do not count your chickens just yet ;)

Same here. :)The agent with whom I spoke said the price increase would take place on the 18th (I assume of this month, but I did not specifically ask).

Too bad. We just got our cruise docs for November today. The new price of $59.95 is what's listed. Sorry I didn't buy the damned thing earlier. Oh well.

Compliments of Post #119, just checked the Bar Menu. Interestingly, no Bloody Mary. Strange.

I guess if you want something off-menu, you just have to tell the bartender how to make it. I.e., "vodka, now add tomato juice, now add tabasco, ..." If they will give you a shot of vodka or gin, I'm sure they will build you a cocktail. In fact, I don't see a Gin and Tonic on this list either!

My husband will be happy to see that the include Old Granddad!

(Oh, and I just checked under the "Already Booked" section under my cruise, and the price for Prestige is still listed at $54.95.)

To confuse things even more even the "O" website is inconsistent......

Here it's $54.95..... http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/beveragepackages.aspx

And here if you go to "Already Booked", "Manage My Trip", select the "Onboard Options" tab, and then "Beverage Packages" it gives me a rate of $49.95!!! (I won't provide the link to this one as it includes my booking reference, but have gone back and checked twice & my eyes aren't deceiving me!).

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

To confuse things even more even the "O" website is inconsistent......

Here it's $54.95..... http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/beveragepackages.aspx

And here if you go to "Already Booked"' date=' "Manage My Trip", select the "Onboard Options" tab, and then "Beverage Packages" it gives me a rate of $49.95!!! (I won't provide the link to this one as it includes my booking reference, but have gone back and checked twice & my eyes aren't deceiving me!).

[/quote']

I think I'm going to phone them tomorrow and find out what the going rate is.

From looking at that list of drinks I feel sorry for people that like good beer. While I'm not a big beer drinker I enjoy one here and there. Seems that could use a beer snob's input on selection.

They had no problem understanding drinks like Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, etc. There is no restriction on what you can mix your alcohol with. But, if you want vodka with cranberry juice, orange juice and tomato juice, you will probably have to explain that to the bartender:-) As I stated earlier, it is much easier than some of you are thinking.

I would also double check with my TA about the date the price changes. Also ask if you pay now for a sailing next month, can you get it for the lower rate?

We are used to sailing on all-inclusive ships. To us it was worth the $$$ for the Prestige Package even if we barely drank enough to meet the cost. It was just easier to find a place for a quick drink without thinking about whether I really wanted to pay a minimum of $20 + 18% every time we wanted one.

From looking at that list of drinks I feel sorry for people that like good beer. While I'm not a big beer drinker I enjoy one here and there. Seems that could use a beer snob's input on selection.

You are so right! I'm very surprised they don't have some of the premium and craft beers which are commonly available like Sam Adams, Magic Hat, Sierra Nevada, etc. I believe they do have Asian beers in Red Ginger and these expand the selection a bit.

You are so right! I'm very surprised they don't have some of the premium and craft beers which are commonly available like Sam Adams, Magic Hat, Sierra Nevada, etc. I believe they do have Asian beers in Red Ginger and these expand the selection a bit.

Yes. Regent started carrying Sierra Nevada last year and it's very acceptable--you can only drink so much Heineken!

Agree! I wish they would feature brews that are local, specific to the itinerary, that don't get wide distribution. How about a "La Reserve" for beer aficionados? :)

I am not a beer aficionado but I DO like beer ... and I would be happy to try a beer menu on the days when La Reserve is not "open". Especially in hot climates!

I suppose I would waddle home afterwards, but that's not unusual on an Oceania cruise!

Mura

hallo

i im new here......is champagne included in the drinking package....thanks

That's the question that gave rise to - and fueled - this thread. Suggest you invest a few minutes, read the thread, and form your own conclusion as to where this matter stands. It would appear that the Perrier-Jouet champagne is not included in the Prestige package, but the definitive clarification is supposed to appear on the O website this week.

As promised we have created a new landing page on our website to provide the details on the Beverage Packages. The link is pasted below. We are hopeful that this provides the information that you need to make an informed decision. Please note that above the cocktails section, it says "A sampling of cocktails is listed below. If your favorite cocktail is not listed, simply ask our bar staff."

We simply didn't have the space to list every cocktail...but our goal is to certainly provide you with whatever you might desire (e.g. Bloody Mary).

Best-

KSK

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

As promised we have created a new landing page on our website to provide the details on the Beverage Packages. The link is pasted below. We are hopeful that this provides the information that you need to make an informed decision. Please note that above the cocktails section, it says "A sampling of cocktails is listed below. If your favorite cocktail is not listed, simply ask our bar staff."

We simply didn't have the space to list every cocktail...but our goal is to certainly provide you with whatever you might desire (e.g. Bloody Mary).

Best-

KSK

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

WOW!

Thanks for an amazing list.

Aha! Some clarity! :)

And a "real" champagne included too, albeit not our beloved P-J ;)

Could "O" please ensure that the new list is communicated across the various departments for consistency??

Now....who can tell me if the bars on board stock Aperol?? I've developed a taste for Aperol Spritzes during this stressful thread :D

Archived