Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

Note to Celebrity & RCL

CLASSIC = UP TO AND INCLUDING 75 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

SELECT = FROM 76 UP TO AND INCLUDING 140 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

ELITE =FROM 141 UP TO AND INCLUDING 275 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

NEW VIP STATUS [?] = FROM 276 up to and including 700 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

And after 700 nights....maybe they should offer a free Premium Drink package on every cruise....the PREMIUM level (or FREEMIUM level)

Using a 5 year period to calculate points would probably keep the 3 or 4 top cruisers as they are, but might really shake up the rest of the list.

That would be us, shaken up! Our first 7 point were all before 2001:eek: No points since then as we have been sleeping around and have had to sail in the summer. Now we can go in the fall and have come home to Ma & Pa's house for the week. Loyality is LONG TERM.

That would be us, shaken up! Our first 7 point were all before 2001:eek: No points since then as we have been sleeping around and have had to sail in the summer. Now we can go in the fall and have come home to Ma & Pa's house for the week. Loyality is LONG TERM.

Know what you mean, but it's out of our hands as the Miami Suits have the ultimate and final say in anything Loyalty.

What brand is that I see in your avatar?

I agree, I think any points earned are for life.:D

Perhaps another option on this theme.

If you have not cruised with X at all in those previous five years you may start to lose the points of one point each year.:rolleyes:

I think it's a pretty fair bet that after 510 posts and 27 pages, there are too many common or garden Elites around.

We desperately need to have the herd thinned out and maybe another level for truly deserving devotees. Might I suggest that we call it "Big Kahuna" level?

:confused:

Not really, just a little bit of fun :p

Note to self...include more smileys :rolleyes:

Oh goodness yes. I made a post where I used the term rif-raf. I thought it was was clearly in fun .

In fact I included myself as part of the rif-raf. My attempt at a light hearted comment did not go over big. Not at all!

Lots of how dare you and you are a hypocrite.

Yes add more smileys ! :):D:p

The point of any loyalty program is to attract repeat business. If the program is so complicated that you need to contract PricewaterhouseCoopers to calculate your points to figure out your status then nobody will buy into it and the program will fail. The suggestion of loosing points for not sailing within a certain period will also discourage a large part of the cruising population. Not everybody is retired and able to pick up at a moments notice to grab a last minute deal out of Ft Lauderdale. Most of us, especially in this economy are working just to put food on the table and get our kid's through college. We are extremely lucky if we can take a cruise every 2 or 3 years. By the way those who cruise less often tend to spend more on board because the trip is a novelty and not something taken for granted because you cruise 3 times a year. The fastest solution to the problem is to stop allowing the cross over of status between the lines. It should be brand loyalty not corporation loyalty.

The point of any loyalty program is to attract repeat business. If the program is so complicated that you need to contract PricewaterhouseCoopers to calculate your points to figure out your status then nobody will buy into it and the program will fail. The suggestion of loosing points for not sailing within a certain period will also discourage a large part of the cruising population. Not everybody is retired and able to pick up at a moments notice to grab a last minute deal out of Ft Lauderdale. Most of us, especially in this economy are working just to put food on the table and get our kid's through college. We are extremely lucky if we can take a cruise every 2 or 3 years. By the way those who cruise less often tend to spend more on board because the trip is a novelty and not something taken for granted because you cruise 3 times a year. The fastest solution to the problem is to stop allowing the cross over of status between the lines. It should be brand loyalty not corporation loyalty.

I agree with so much here. A fair and easy to understand program that rewards and retains regular people who regularly use the cruiseline is important. Such regular cruisers have a great time and often do spend more on extra than those of us who sail multiple times per year (I fall in the latter camp with a rather low on board spending bill).

I'd quibble at the end. As a shareholder I want the corporation to retain customers as they move through their lives. When they are a new couple, they may love Celebrity's elegence, when kids arrive Royal Caribbean might be a better fit, yet back to Celebrity for the cruises without kids and once the kids leave the nest, or Azamara might appeal then, when grandkids come along Royal Caribbean might again be the ticket. I want such cruisers to stay under the corporate umbrella, so the wonder company makes a profit and excels, allowing it to improve, expand and innovate.

I do not want said couple to become elite with celebrity as a young couple then switch to a carnival brand when the kids come along. I do not want them to pick Princess later in life because the old Celebrity points expired. For a luxury cruise, I want them to pick Azamara over other luxury lines.

I think corporate loyalty matters, as the corporation must be credit worthy to build new Celebrity (or other) ships.

If Celebrity want to slow the progression to Elite, they simply need to drop the double credits for Concierge Class; they are just (barely) glorified balcony cabins and do not sell at a rate to justify double points, IMHO.

I agree with so much here. A fair and easy to understand program that rewards and retains regular people who regularly use the cruiseline is important. Such regular cruisers have a great time and often do spend more on extra than those of us who sail multiple times per year (I fall in the latter camp with a rather low on board spending bill).

I'd quibble at the end. As a shareholder I want the corporation to retain customers as they move through their lives. When they are a new couple, they may love Celebrity's elegence, when kids arrive Royal Caribbean might be a better fit, yet back to Celebrity for the cruises without kids and once the kids leave the nest, or Azamara might appeal then, when grandkids come along Royal Caribbean might again be the ticket. I want such cruisers to stay under the corporate umbrella, so the wonder company makes a profit and excels, allowing it to improve, expand and innovate.

I do not want said couple to become elite with celebrity as a young couple then switch to a carnival brand when the kids come along. I do not want them to pick Princess later in life because the old Celebrity points expired. For a luxury cruise, I want them to pick Azamara over other luxury lines.

I think corporate loyalty matters, as the corporation must be credit worthy to build new Celebrity (or other) ships.

I agree 100%. As someone currently living this progression the reciprocal benefits with RCI contributed in no small part to our trying X, I think it's a successful strategy that is currently working. In fact, it seems to be working a little too well... but that's not a bad problem for the company to have.

I agree 100%. As someone currently living this progression the reciprocal benefits with RCI contributed in no small part to our trying X, I think it's a successful strategy that is currently working. In fact, it seems to be working a little too well... but that's not a bad problem for the company to have.

Right on. I would eer say that it was very successful and necessarly to fill all the new Solstice Class ships.

I would appear to be in the minority as I do not believe that Celebrity has too many Elite category cruisers. If Celebrity justs adds one or two higher rates with some level of incremental improvements in benefits IMO their success will continue. I remember the days when the Captain Club benefits were very weak.

I say welcome to all those previous RC cruisers.

Right on. I would eer say that it was very successful and necessarly to fill all the new Solstice Class ships.

I would appear to be in the minority as I do not believe that Celebrity has too many Elite category cruisers. If Celebrity justs adds one or two higher rates with some level of incremental improvements in benefits IMO their success will continue. I remember the days when the Captain Club benefits were very weak.

I say welcome to all those previous RC cruisers.

I agree with you- keep Elite status as is. This encourages new cruisers to attain Elite Status. If Celebrity wants to add addition Benefits for those members for example with 30-40 points, add them, perhaps a free dinner or shore excursion, etc.. Do not take away the Elite Status from those who have attained it.

If Celebrity want to slow the progression to Elite, they simply need to drop the double credits for Concierge Class; they are just (barely) glorified balcony cabins and do not sell at a rate to justify double points, IMHO.

I have to agree with what you said. However, if the benefits are going to be shared between lines then the point system and number of tier levels should be consistent between all of the lines. You shouldn't need 10 credits on one line and 15 on another line to reach the top or have only 3 tiers on one line and the others have 4 or 5 tiers. The benefits can vary since the demographic is different on each line. Personally it think it is to easy to reach the top status on Celebrity.

Do you assert brand loyalty? ;) :) ;) :) :p

Most definitely not. Fly-by-night will try most (not all) cruiselines but looking for a nice experience. So we like X and consider them near the top of our list so far but we are not ignoring the other cruiselines.

I doubt we will make it to the cocktail party often. Would prefer just a free glass of wine in a bar of our choice pre-dinner. We dine late and the idea of rushing to change for free drinks holds little appeal. Of course once we experience the cocktail party we might like it, but MrsJuggler is not to be rushed.

All our (paid for) sailings on X have been AQ mostly 12nt+ and so reaching 11 points quite easily does not make us loyal. Good experiences and fair prices will.

I agree with you- keep Elite status as is. This encourages new cruisers to attain Elite Status. If Celebrity wants to add addition Benefits for those members for example with 30-40 points, add them, perhaps a free dinner or shore excursion, etc.. Do not take away the Elite Status from those who have attained it.

:D WE AGREE! Just add another tier, and add something extra for folks over 30 points! :D

Archived