Concierge Lounge

LuvWilliam

DH and I are going to be going on a cruise with our DS next year and we found a couple cruises where the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" room is available. We would like this room simply because of the concierge lounge access (and bc we normally only book balcony or below rooms bc we are only in our rooms for 6 hours a night!) Can someone please tell me what the concierge lounge entails?

DH and I are going to be going on a cruise with our DS next year and we found a couple cruises where the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" room is available. We would like this room simply because of the concierge lounge access (and bc we normally only book balcony or below rooms bc we are only in our rooms for 6 hours a night!) Can someone please tell me what the concierge lounge entails?

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning. Cocktail hour every evening from about 5pm to 8:30pm with complimentary soda, house wine, beer, basic mixed drinks, and hot/cold snacks. 24 hour complimentary specialty coffee. The services of the Concierge.

• 5 months later...

What are the basic liquors available in the CC? Are we talking the basic call liquors like Bacardi, Cuervo, Crown, Jim Beam or are we talking the swill that many stateside bars serve as well liquors?

We'll be taking our first cruise in a suite in May, so we'll have CC access and I'm curious.

What are the basic liquors available in the CC? Are we talking the basic call liquors like Bacardi, Cuervo, Crown, Jim Beam or are we talking the swill that many stateside bars serve as well liquors?

We'll be taking our first cruise in a suite in May, so we'll have CC access and I'm curious.

We are basically Cuba Libre drinkers and have always found Bacardi to be available. It may depend on the ship but on most the liquors available are name brands including Jim Beam, Dewars and J&B.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Does the ship matter when comparing the alcohol served in the CC or Diamond club. We have heard that on some ships i.e., Jewel, the Diamond club only serves wine and champagne for free with all others at 25% discount. Whereas, on the Navigator the Diamond lounge has free beer, wine and hard liquor. Also, does the CC only have wine, champagne and beer for free in the Honor bar?

Does the ship matter when comparing the alcohol served in the CC or Diamond club. We have heard that on some ships i.e., Jewel, the Diamond club only serves wine and champagne for free with all others at 25% discount. Whereas, on the Navigator the Diamond lounge has free beer, wine and hard liquor. Also, does the CC only have wine, champagne and beer for free in the Honor bar?

If the ship has a Diamond Lounge, it serves the same stuff as the Concierge Lounge. If it does not, then there is a nightly Diamond "Event" with free wine, champagne and soft drinks and a 25% discount on other drinks. There is no "honor bar" - drinks are served only during cocktail hours in the evening when there is a bartender (and on Oasis/Allure at lunch where wine is also served).

Jewel does not have a Diamond Club, so only has the nightly Diamond Event as described above.

Thank you! For this price, kind of hard to pass up!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that with the "sweet", while your SeaPass card is coded to allow access to the CL, you are not issued suite Gold card and therefore are not eligible for the full range of suite benefits provided through that - only access to the CL. (and daily free ice cream!)

But as you are only asking about that, access to the CL as described certainly is a great benefit! Go for it and enjoy!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 4 weeks later...
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that with the "sweet", while your SeaPass card is coded to allow access to the CL, you are not issued suite Gold card and therefore are not eligible for the full range of suite benefits provided through that - only access to the CL. (and daily free ice cream!)

I'm pretty sure that if you're in a suite, you get both the gold seapass and all the suite privileges. Are you maybe referring to the Diamond+ folks? So what is the deal with the "Sweet"? This I don't know about.

I've sailed on RCCL about a dozen times and although this is our first time to book a suite, we've sailed with others who have, so I kind of know the drill, generally speaking. I just wanted to check and make sure the CL doesn't serve "well" liquor, because if it's Sunnybrook bourbon, Taaka vodka and Jim Bob's rum, I'd have to decline. I just don't need the headache (literally). :D

I"m happy to know that they don't. After I posted this, I found a photo of the drinks menu for the CL and it's all decent stuff that I enjoy. In particular, they have Jack Daniel and Jamesons, so I'm good. :)

Edited by theotherchad

Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge (or Club) only a nightly Diamond event which explains the difference between what is available on that ship as opposed to those ships that have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. Jewel is not due to be revitalized until 2015 or 2016 so, until that time when a Diamond Lounge will be among the things added, there will only be a nightly Diamond Event.

EX is testing giving D members 3 nightly drink coupons. If it works out I am sure it will be expanded to JW.

Perhaps, but until it is expanded to other ships, JW will continue to offer only the nightly Diamond Event.

We were on the Oasis recently and in CL we went for breakfast 2 mornings and they handed us a menu to order. There isn't a lot but there were cooked to order pancakes, omelets and a few other things. Also had a menu for lunch and had about a dozen things on it. They were also taking drink orders at lunch time. Very nice quiet light lunches. Very enjoyable..

I'm pretty sure that if you're in a suite, you get both the gold seapass and all the suite privileges. Are you maybe referring to the Diamond+ folks? So what is the deal with the "Sweet"? This I don't know about.

If you are in a Grand Suite or above you are provided with Gold card with full suite privileges, which includes access to the Concierge Lounge. Pinnacle Crown & Anchor members are also issued a gold card and access to the Concierge Lounge, but I believe there are limitations on their Gold card benefits. C & A D+ are also provided access to the Concierge Lounge but have none of the other suite benefits, except reserved show seating.

The "sweet" I am referring to is the Ben & Jerry's "sweet", which as 39august indicated is a Promenade stateroom that provides access to the CL but not a Gold card or full suite privileges. Although you do get two free ice creams per day, one for each passenger in the stateroom. It is located directly above the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Parlor in the Royal Promenade on those ships with that feature.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The Ben and Jerry's "sweet" is an inside promenade cabin. The only perk is the CL. No gold card nor other true suite privileges.
Don't you consider the B&J daily ice cream cone a perk?

I have never seen anyone say that they did not get ice cream. There seem to be very mixed reports on the Gold Card, as some sailors report getting them, and others report definitely not. Not sure if this varies by ship (and we are only talking 3 ships), by Hotel Director, by Concierge, or by the accuracy of the reports.

Thom

The "sweet" I am referring to is the Ben & Jerry's "sweet", which as 39august indicated is a Promenade stateroom that provides access to the CL but not a Gold card or full suite privileges. Although you do get two free ice creams per day, one for each passenger in the stateroom. It is located directly above the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Parlor in the Royal Promenade on those ships with that feature.

.......and you stare out at the backside of a couple bovines ......... luckily they don't act realistically and poop...