Private Cabanas on Labadee

BrothersThree

I think they are only for Suites.

Barefoot Beach cabanas are for suite guests, but those on Nellie's Beach are for others. I just don't recall if they can be booked in advance on the website.

If I remember correctly, the cost was $225 or $250 depending on type, and they can accomodate 6 people.

I think they are only for Suites.

No. The ones on Nellies Beach may be booked by anyone. They can be found under excursions. Barefoot Beach cabanas must be booked through the concierge and go to suite guests first.

The price is about right. As far as being only for suite guests, this is not quite accurate. They are offered first to suite guests and if they are not completely booked on the day you arrive in Labadee you can book them. It's best to get your name on a waiting list asap when you board since you can't usually book on the web.

Booking a cabana at Nellie's Beach can be done online through the Shore Excursions section. They do go quickly, though, so if you think you want one, go ahead and get it while you can. You can always change your mind up to 24 hours before going to Labadee and get your money back.

My group wanted some cabanas for our cruise in October 2014. We noticed that they were available (meaning the over-the-water ones), so we went ahead and paid for three now so we'd get them.

Barefoot Beach cabanas are for suite guests, but those on Nellie's Beach are for others. I just don't recall if they can be booked in advance on the website.

If I remember correctly, the cost was $225 or $250 depending on type, and they can accomodate 6 people.

No. The ones on Nellies Beach may be booked by anyone. They can be found under excursions. Barefoot Beach cabanas must be booked through the concierge and go to suite guests first.
Thanks I did not know that.

Barefoot Beach = Suite guests & Pinnacle C&A have first option to rent the cabanas..after that they will be offered to any that have requested to be put on a waitlist..

The waitlist has worked out well for us when not staying in a suite.. thanks to the DL concierge.

Any opinions related to the Beach Cabana's compared to the over the water Cabana's?

Never had one before and I am looking to make a decision. Thanks to all in advance.

The Beach cabanas on Nellie's are set back from the water as seen in this forst pic - the OTW ones are on the rocks to the right

labadee06_zps383b9958.png

These are also OTW at Nellie's

labadee45_zps8d71a379.png

The Beach cabanas on Nellie's are set back from the water as seen in this forst pic - the OTW ones are on the rocks to the right

labadee06_zps383b9958.png

These are also OTW at Nellie's

labadee45_zps8d71a379.png

Thanks for the pic's. But the over the water cabana does not look like the pic on the shore excursion page.

Personally I'm not a fan of either beach cabanas. The BB one's are set too far back and scattered around away from the beach, and the ones on Nellie's are behind the short wall. Go for OTW or Hillside (my personal fave)

Personally I'm not a fan of either beach cabanas. The BB one's are set too far back and scattered around away from the beach, and the ones on Nellie's are behind the short wall. Go for OTW or Hillside (my personal fave)

Thanks. My gut is telling me to give the over the water a shot.

I am really thinking far in advance since this is related to my 3/15 sailing on the Quantum. My logic is that I don't want to get screwed by the concierge. Not that it would be intentional or anything. I am a big believer in Murphy's law. So I have the opportunity to book Nellie's now. And if I decide to try and book through the concierge, I can always cancel Nellie's once I have a confirmation regarding Barefoot. But I am not really sure if their is a difference between Nellie's and Barefoot. I have time to do my research.........lol.

Hillsides are awesome! We booked one for our honeymoon this past April as a special treat, and now I don't think I can return to Labadee without booking one. Lol! And even though it was hillside, we were still over the water. We just had some stairs to walk down to get to it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It seems that the over the water cabanas on both beaches are more private, just from observing.

Some of the ones on the beach everyone can walk really close to.

If you have the choice of Nellies or Barefoot, I would definetly go for Barefoot beach, closer to the buffet and a more secure beach....only for suites and cabanas and also includes Nellies cabanas for lunch.

Sea Ya

If you have the choice of Nellies or Barefoot, I would definetly go for Barefoot beach, closer to the buffet and a more secure beach....only for suites and cabanas and also includes Nellies cabanas for lunch.

Sea Ya

Thanks. I just made my reservation for an over the water on Nellie's. I'll make contact with the concierge a month before my sailing regarding Barefoot. At least now I have something and can always cancel Nellie's if I decide to. I wonder if anyone on my sailing has even thought about reserving a cabana yet......lol. Still have 564 days until the Quantum sailing. Guess I'm a planner. Thanks

We booked a Nellies Hillside and we were right next to the Barefoot hillside cabana. We accessed via Barefoot and it was really was no different than being on Barefoot. It was a nice location with virtual no foot traffic past our cabana. We looked out on the water, dock and ship. Access to the beach was relatively easy - just a short climb up the rock steps. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

We booked a Nellies Hillside and we were right next to the Barefoot hillside cabana. We accessed via Barefoot and it was really was no different than being on Barefoot. It was a nice location with virtual no foot traffic past our cabana. We looked out on the water, dock and ship. Access to the beach was relatively easy - just a short climb up the rock steps. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

That's the one we get . . when on Barefoot we get the top hillside, when on Nellie's, the one beside it. Perfect spot!

Archived