Bistro on Five

pinecrest6

I know that the charge for the Bistro is $5. What does this include? One entrée only? Can you also get a salad and desert? Do they serve soda without extra charge if you have a soda plan? If you go there more than one time per day do you pay the $5 charge each time?

I didn't eat there this year, but previously you could order whatever you wanted off the menu. The first time I went I ordered a salad, an entree crepe, and a dessert crepe. It was way too much food for me - did not realize that a small side salad came with the crepe. I don't get the drink packages, but would think that you would be able to use it in there.

I never thought about going back in a second time...hmmm.

We were on the Summit a few weeks ago, and ate in Bistro on Five one afternoon. The $5 pp cover charge includes as many items as you wish to try, including a soup of the day, entree size salad, a wide assortment of savory crepes, as well as a few sweet ones that are appropriate for dessert. You can also have creme brûlée (I did), and I think one or two other non-crepe dessert selections. You are offered the same free drinks as in the MDR for no additional charge, like iced tea and lemon aid, milk, hot tea and coffee. We did not have a drink package, but I assume that if you did it would apply in Bistro the same way as anywhere else on the ship. One note, if you think you would like to have a salad in addition to your crepe or crepes: they automatically give you a small dish of salad on the side of each savory crepe that you order, so you do not need to order the separate entree size salad. We did, and ended up with far more salad than we could finish eating in the end.

You can get soup, salad, entree, dessert - as many of each as you want.

Beverages are extra, same as elsewhere.

I recommend the Cowboy Crepe and the Banana/Nutella dessert crepe.

I also sometimes design my own salad with grilled chicken and mixed greens/asiago cheese/craisins and celebrity dressing. They're really great about requests.

Do try the soups - quite delicious. We usually have soup, savory crepe and a dessert crepe - each. It's a great place to break in your drink package upon embarkation too. Here are some pics of our favorites :

Indian harvest crepe:

P1170535.jpg

Sweet and sour crepe

P1170536.jpg

Italian crepe

P1170537.jpg

We went there 3 times on our cruise (one was for the Extend Your Stay lunch - before we left the ship at 1.30pm to head to the airport)

Our favourites have to be the wonderful steak salad and the dulce de leche crepe. Great value for money - yes you can have whatever you want - our waiter asked if we'd like another crepe but unfortunately we were just too full

The staff in Bistro On 5 on Reflection were wonderful and it was a lovely chilled place to eat.

We had lunch there one day on our Solstice cruise. I had forgotten about it but we will try it again when wea re on the Equinox in October. I am a sucker for crepes. Does anyone remember the chain, " Magic Pan?"

You can get soup, salad, entree, dessert - as many of each as you want.

Beverages are extra, same as elsewhere.

I recommend the Cowboy Crepe and the Banana/Nutella dessert crepe.

I also sometimes design my own salad with grilled chicken and mixed greens/asiago cheese/craisins and celebrity dressing. They're really great about requests.

That's just what i order, I usually only go once and that is on the first day. Love the Cowboy Crepe and the dessert crepe. Will be on the Eclipse in November and will be having that for lunch.:D

The have excellent chocolate mousse. I think Bistro on 5 is worth visiting even just for coffee and dessert, especially when Cafe al Bacio is super busy.

I'm glad someone brought up the Magic Pan. It was a favorite dining place of ours in the '80s. I can vividly remember the menu.

We had lunch there one day on our Solstice cruise. I had forgotten about it but we will try it again when wea re on the Equinox in October. I am a sucker for crepes. Does anyone remember the chain, " Magic Pan?"

Yes, I loved the Magic Pan! They just sort of disappeared. Anybody know what happened to them?

Thank you so much for the pictures. I have never tried the Bistro, but after seeing these pictures, that will be first on my list. Could someone please describe the cowboy crepe. Thanks.

Why yes, we can!! Grilled flank steak, carmelized onions, blue cheese and and bacon, and I can eat one every day!!!!

I know that the charge for the Bistro is $5. What does this include? One entrée only? Can you also get a salad and desert? Do they serve soda without extra charge if you have a soda plan? If you go there more than one time per day do you pay the $5 charge each time?

It is a $5 charge PP . You can eat as much as you want. They serve salads, soup, crepes and wonderful desserts. You will have to pay extra for beverages with the exception of regualar H20, Iced tea and not sure about regular coffee, unless you have an unlimited beverage package. The food is wonderful and if you so desire, can have doubles! But the calories do count! LOL

Enjoy your cruise.

We were on Millie during the infamous cruise to Ketchikan, Alaska, and we LOVED the Bistro. We went twice. While you're allowed to order anything and everything, our servers tended to offer one item per course. Not a big deal to us since we weren't planning on getting more, but it definitely felt more like a standard restaurant that way. The first time we only ordered entree crepes and dessert crepes, and the second time they also had a soup we were interested in so tried that as well. We ate every bite of every course we ordered!! So good. We had a beverage package, and my husband ordered a cider without issue. I had wanted to take a walk while my husband was finishing his entree crepe and brought back a drink with me, and the server assured us that we didn't have to leave to get a drink, that they'd get it for us. The servers' name tags said "Snack Attendant" as their titles, and I will say they weren't as good as in Blu where we ate each evening, but they were still very nice. This was the one place on the ship where we were a little confused by tipping. And we never saw it crowded. However, there is no view from the windows because they are obstructed by lifeboats or some other equipment (assuming this is true on all M-class ships, not sure about S-class).

Archived