New Captains Club Level

diligaf51

I do not have any definitive specifics but did speak with a Captains Club rep on another topic a couple of days ago and asked for any update. She said that there were ongoing discussions on a new level now and thought an announcement could be made as early as the first of the year. I have 27 credits and the rep said that the new level "will be to your benefit".

Ongoing discussions - yes there have been. In fact the President of Celebrity said there would be forthcoming changes in 2009 - see the 13th paragraph of the 2009 press release at:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-62148287.html

However, seeing that they've been talking about this for almost 5 years now I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by Lsimon
Edited to remove phrase that was almost identical to the one Cruisestich posted seconds before I hit the send button!

I do not have any definitive specifics but did speak with a Captains Club rep on another topic a couple of days ago and asked for any update. She said that there were ongoing discussions on a new level now and thought an announcement could be made as early as the first of the year. I have 27 credits and the rep said that the new level "will be to your benefit".[/QUOT

27 credits, is that actual Days or actual Cruises?;)

Any mention of the cull of Elites?

Just for all at CC -

With 27 Credits (392 days) one is safe from a potential cull?

Then possibly below 392 days one is at risk of an Elite cull.;)

392 days sailing Celebrity should be way more the 27 captains club points. even sailing 11 night cruise using an inside cabin 392 days would be 35 CC points. And you would be hard pressed to find that many 11 night cruises

I would think it reasonable for anyone sailing 392 nights on celebrity to have 75 points as a minimum, and probably closer to 100 or more. :)

Edited by maxsales
Spacing

Think that the OP meant "points" rather than "credits". 1 point for taking a cruise. 1 point if the cruise is 12 days or longer. 1 point for Concierge or higher. Could be as few as 9 cruises. Could be 108 days or less if each cruise was 12 days in Concierge. Could be even fewer days if the cruises were of the 2-5 day variety.

I will no longer comment on these rumors that are merely speculative. I've said everything I could possibly say on the massive number of threads on this topic.

How can anyone draw a conclusion on what the cutoffs will be on a program that not only hasn't been announced but which we don't even know if it is in more than an internal discussion stage?

Diligaf51 posted - I have 27 credits and the rep said that the new level "will be to your benefit" - Seems this could be a potential cut-off.;)

27 credits does not correlate to either actual days or actual cruises.

Of course it could, my Maths says that 3x9 = 27.

1 credit for a cruise

2 for cruises over 12 days

1 extra point on top of 2 points if you sail in C.C.

I suspect however that the 27 has been made up of a combination of the above.

Think that the OP meant "points" rather than "credits". 1 point for taking a cruise. 1 point if the cruise is 12 days or longer. 1 point for Concierge or higher. Could be as few as 9 cruises. Could be 108 days or less if each cruise was 12 days in Concierge. Could be even fewer days if the cruises were of the 2-5 day variety.

I will no longer comment on these rumors that are merely speculative. I've said everything I could possibly say on the massive number of threads on this topic.

Thank you for this -

Does anybody know how 392 days equates to 27 credits/points?:confused:

Diligaf51 posted - I have 27 credits and the rep said that the new level "will be to your benefit" - Seems this could be a potential cut-off.;)

I came away with the impression that the cutoff will be less than 27. She was referencing this coming year for the announcement. Please don't kill the messenger.

Thank you for this -

Does anybody know how 392 days equates to 27 credits/points?:confused:

Why should it? It seems there is some serious obfuscation here. To the best I can figure you are mixing posts by different posters here.

Dilagaf has 27 credits

Cruisestitch has 392 days on Celebrity.

What does one have to do with the other?

Please explain to me if I've missed something here, as I admit it's a bit confusing.

I came away with the impression that the cutoff will be less than 27. She was referencing this coming year for the announcement. Please don't kill the messenger.

Sorry if you were offended - Must say a thank you, as all at CC now have an indication that on/about 27 credits will equate to either retaining Elite status or being inducted into the new VIP level.:)

Wonder what the new benefits will be?

Sorry if you were offended - Must say a thank you, as all at CC now have an indication that on/about 27 credits will equate to either retaining Elite status or being inducted into the new VIP level.:)

Nothing in the original post can lead you know or assume anything about Elite status.

or being inducted into the new VIP level.:)

#1. Onboard math course to enable points vs days and inside's vs Concierge to be calculated properly in the complicated "NEW" VIP program. ETA 2020.