B2B Question

Go-Bucks!

When you do a B2B, do you give all the boarding passes to the agent at the first check in? If not, when and to whom do you give them?

We're doing a B2B2B2B next year and I'm wondering how this process works. I've read that there are a couple different ways that they take your old cruise card and give you another one, but haven't read anything about how Princess deals with the boarding passes.

Thx! :D

When you do a B2B, do you give all the boarding passes to the agent at the first check in? If not, when and to whom do you give them?

We're doing a B2B2B2B next year and I'm wondering how this process works. I've read that there are a couple different ways that they take your old cruise card and give you another one, but haven't read anything about how Princess deals with the boarding passes.

Thx! :D

did you try and get the same cabin for each cruise as it saves you moving cabins

We booked a 21 day cruise that is also sold as 3 one week cruises. Since we booked as a 21 day do we need new boarding cards for each week? I don't think the 21 day booking is a B2B2B.

Also can we make reservations at a speciality restaurant for the third week when we board. It seems to me that should not be permitted in fairness to those boarding on the third week.

Paul

We booked a 21 day cruise that is also sold as 3 one week cruises. Since we booked as a 21 day do we need new boarding cards for each week? I don't think the 21 day booking is a B2B2B.

Also can we make reservations at a speciality restaurant for the third week when we board. It seems to me that should not be permitted in fairness to those boarding on the third week.

Paul

We've done a few b2b2b cruises and since the cruise is sold as both separate shorts and a long, in your case, 21 days, you'll need new cards for each leg of the cruise. What we've seen in Port Everglades is that the ship must prove to immigration authorities that all passengers, even those on the next cruise, have disembarked.

Regarding the reservation in the speciality we've been told that we had to wait until the cruise to make reservations. Don't know if this is a policy or the maitre'd thought on the matter.

Will be be able to bring on wine for each part of B2B e.g 2 bottles each and will we be able to go to liqueur shop on board on last day of first cruise and take bottle back to cabin as we have on previous cruises(last day)?

Will be be able to bring on wine for each part of B2B e.g 2 bottles each and will we be able to go to liqueur shop on board on last day of first cruise and take bottle back to cabin as we have on previous cruises(last day)?

Only if they don't know you're on the next leg.

If it is 3 separate voyages then you will get 3 separate cruise cards. As Pam states you will get the new ones in your cabin with clear instructions a day or so before each voyage ends. Your cruises should be linked together by Customer Service. At the end of each voyage you will receive a "final" folio for that leg and the balance due will be transferred to the next leg. If your turn around is in the US you will be required to exit the ship, go through immigration before returning to the ship. You will receive detailed instructions on this. You do not fill out the US Customs declaration until your last disembarkation. You do not pack your luggage, leave it all in the cabin. If it is a port other than the US you may not be required to leave the ship, but you will have to visit the gangplank to scan out on your old cards and scan in on your new cards.

For information, if you receive a gift card for wine, or something else from your TA or anyone, you need to use it on the 1st leg. Some gift cards can be transferred to folio credit at the end of the 1st leg and some can not. You must check each gift card specifically with Customer Service.

Will be be able to bring on wine for each part of B2B e.g 2 bottles each ...?

Kenzie's first question hasn't been answered. And I have an interest in this aspect.

Any one have personal experience?

Remember that at the start of each cruise you can bring on a bottle of wine each.

I will arrive with all 4 bottles of real champagne that I want to bring for free cabin consumption on a B2B.

Will they allow the 2nd pair of bottles, perhaps checking it in to be released to us for Leg 2?

Not gonna leave it in the parking lot after all!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

We also received a passenger in transit card to bypass the boarding of new passengers for the ship on a turn around day. It was just a slip of paper given with the instructions to check out the old cruise card and check in the new. Princess actually had one of the dining rooms set up to do this if onboard at a designated time, if not we were able to exit the ship with the old card and reboard when ever with the new and passenger in transit card to avoid the lineup.

For the second and third legs of your cruise, you do not have to participate in the muster drill.

If challenged by the crew during the drill, just tell them you are an in-transit passenger. We like to head up to the Lido or Sun decks to chill out. BTW, there will be bar service during the drill.

Kenzie's first question hasn't been answered. And I have an interest in this aspect.

Any one have personal experience?

The policy is one 750ml bottle of wine per person (or two for the cabin). Extras may be confiscated til the end of the cruise (end of the cruises) or disposed of, or charged at a fee.

I will arrive with all 4 bottles of real champagne that I want to bring for free cabin consumption on a B2B.

Will they allow the 2nd pair of bottles, perhaps checking it in to be released to us for Leg 2?

Not gonna leave it in the parking lot after all!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

I wouldn't bank on it, they may hold it for you for the 2nd leg of the cruise.

Remember that policing of the policy is rather haphazard. Good luck.:D

The policy is one 750ml bottle of wine per person (or two for the cabin). Extras may be confiscated til the end of the cruise (end of the cruises) or disposed of, or charged at a fee.

I understand "extras" of wine will be allowed at embarkation as long as the $15 corkage fee is paid. The only items to be disposed of are hard liquor, beer, and wine that exceeds the 750ml size limit.

I understand "extras" of wine will be allowed at embarkation as long as the $15 corkage fee is paid. The only items to be disposed of are hard liquor, beer, and wine that exceeds the 750ml size limit.

Yes, as I mentioned in the previous post to yours. The policy is administered rather haphazardly so who knows what will happen on any particular cruise.:D

We will be on the Royal Princess Maiden Caribbean voyage...and the two cruises after that. We are planning on bringing 6 bottles of wine when we embark on the first leg of the three cruises. We have three separate boarding passes and voyage numbers.

It is going to be interesting to see how this is handled. We have no intention of getting off the ship on turn around days. My TA spoke with a Princess rep and was told the 6 bottles would be fine. But we all know how that goes!!! :eek:

I would not have a problem if they choose to hold the extra bottles until the beginning of the next cruise. I would not be happy if they want to charge us for the four "extra" bottles.

We will let you know how this works out for us.

Cheers, Denise

We will be on the Royal Princess Maiden Caribbean voyage...and the two cruises after that. We are planning on bringing 6 bottles of wine when we embark on the first leg of the three cruises. We have three separate boarding passes and voyage numbers.

It is going to be interesting to see how this is handled. We have no intention of getting off the ship on turn around days. My TA spoke with a Princess rep and was told the 6 bottles would be fine. But we all know how that goes!!! :eek:

I would not have a problem if they choose to hold the extra bottles until the beginning of the next cruise. I would not be happy if they want to charge us for the four "extra" bottles.

We will let you know how this works out for us.

Cheers, Denise

Cheers, good luck and enjoy your cruise no matter how it turns out with the wine.:D

You'll receive a new cruise card a day or so before each disembarkation. You use your old cruise card to leave the ship, the new cruise card to re-board. You need only one boarding pass at the original check-in.

As I stated in my first post, I know all about the cruise card process but wasn't sure about the boarding passes. So will we only get one boarding pass or 4 of them? If 4, do we just give them all to the agent or just the first? Just curious.

As I stated in my first post, I know all about the cruise card process but wasn't sure about the boarding passes. So will we only get one boarding pass or 4 of them? If 4, do we just give them all to the agent or just the first? Just curious.

When I was on a B2B I handed over the passes for both cruises and they processed them there and then at checkin. I am about to do another B2B and even though it is a different cruiseline, I will do the same.:D

Save paper and cartridge ink. You need only one boarding pass when you check in for your first cruise.

Only if they don't know you're on the next leg.

On our last cruise the captain, at our CC meet & greet, mentioned the kind things said about him in this forum. Obviously the crew reads these. Discretion on this matter should prevail.

Our B2Bs are always linked with Princess by our TA. When I fill out our Cruise Personalizer, once the first one is completed, all subsequent ones show as completed too. Therefore, we've always just brought boarding passes for the first cruise.

If the cruises aren't linked, this doesn't happen; therefore I think B2B cruises have to be correctly linked for only the first boarding pass to be required.

When we did our B2B in Alaska a few years back we had only one boarding pass. When we got to Whitter we were given our new cruise cards and all we had to do is have our picture taken again at the gangway. We were even allowed to remain on board if we wanted to and we were lucky to have the same cabin on the second part of the cruise. (no packing and unpacking)

Previous Cruises

Alaska 2008 – Island Princess

Alaska 2009 – Island Princess (B2B)

Alaska 2010 – Royal Princess

Alaska 2011 – Golden Princess

Alaska 2012 – Star Princess

Panama Canal 2012 – Coral Princess

Western Caribbean – Crown Princess

Alaska 2013 – Island Princess

Future Cruises

Western Caribbean 2013 – Caribbean Princess

Southern Caribbean 2014 – Royal Princess

Our B2Bs are always linked with Princess by our TA. When I fill out our Cruise Personalizer, once the first one is completed, all subsequent ones show as completed too. Therefore, we've always just brought boarding passes for the first cruise.

If the cruises aren't linked, this doesn't happen; therefore I think B2B cruises have to be correctly linked for only the first boarding pass to be required.

Princess will link your B2B cruises even if you book them separately. They have your Captain's Circle number and your passport number to match them.

For US ports, Princess has to link the cruises for reporting to US immigration and to make sure they don't violate the Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886 (PVSA). For example, if you separately book a cruise from Seattle to Vancouver and a succeeding cruise from Vancouver to LA, that is illegal and they will cancel as soon as they discover the match.

You give them the first boarding pass when you board for the first cruise. They will not ask for another boarding pass for the subsequent B2B cruises.

Archived