Swim Diapers allowed on Indy??

bb24

I know many ships don't allow swim diapers/non potty trained children in the pool areas. I saw a compass for Indy and it says it has a Baby Splash Zone and the pools are freshwater also. Does this mean swim diapers are allowed? We are hoping to have our daughter trained by the time we sail, but her lack of interest at this point is making me hopeful that it will happen. She loves swimming and water and I would hate for her to miss out.

Directly from the RCI website Q & A section:

Due to public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools or H2O zone. Children in diapers or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone specially designated for them on the Freedom of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, and Allure of the Seas®.

Highlighted areas would indicate you will be OK in the Baby Splash Zone.

I was on a Carnival cruise years ago, and there were about four parents with their kids in diapers in the main pool. I mentioned it to one of the staff, and they could not have cared less. I then mentioned it to the front desk, but since it was long after it had happened, they did nothing either.

I avoided the pool that cruise. Yuck!

Here is what the Baby Splash Zone looks like on the Freedom/Indy/Liberty.

What made me shiver were the amount of older kids(probably 5-8 year olds) who would also wade around, splash through, or even sit down in the shallow water in this area... eeeeeek :eek: Those kids likely cannot read the sign explaining that this area is for diapered babies.

125.jpg

I was on a Carnival cruise years ago, and there were about four parents with their kids in diapers in the main pool. I mentioned it to one of the staff, and they could not have cared less. I then mentioned it to the front desk, but since it was long after it had happened, they did nothing either.

And yet another reason to never sail Carnival.

Hate to tell you but I have seen kids with swim diapers or just plain diapers in pools on just about every RCI ship I have been on. When it was pointed out to staff they did nothing. Also saw a kid with a swim diaper in the hot tub on my last RCI cruise. Said something to a pool attendant and he said that was fine! Huh?? Yuck

Here is what the Baby Splash Zone looks like on the Freedom/Indy/Liberty.

What made me shiver were the amount of older kids(probably 5-8 year olds) who would also wade around, splash through, or even sit down in the shallow water in this area... eeeeeek :eek: Those kids likely cannot read the sign explaining that this area is for diapered babies.

125.jpg

What is worse is the parents who take their kids who are in swim diapers into the kids pool as well as the shallow waters around the larger pools. I am pretty sure the parents can read, but just missed the signs.:eek:

Andrew

Hate to tell you but I have seen kids with swim diapers or just plain diapers in pools on just about every RCI ship I have been on. When it was pointed out to staff they did nothing. Also saw a kid with a swim diaper in the hot tub on my last RCI cruise. Said something to a pool attendant and he said that was fine! Huh?? Yuck

I know! I've seen it too. I will not be one of those parents.

I knew this was coming from someone. It really was a question of what was available and how to meet the rules.:rolleyes: We all know the yuck factor, I don't get in any pool personally because someones "princess" is sure to pee in it.. so I agree with you.

We do not need another one of those threads, it seems the OP just simply wanted to comply and know what the rules were, just saying.

Yes, I have found that to be true on carnival and Royal... I'm not a community pool person, but ya'd think... one would understand the basic concept, sigh, they do not.

Every cruise I have been on - Royal Caribbean - if a child is in the regular pool - not the children's pool - they have been asked to leave - Ive seen it enforced many times - no swim diapers in the regular poool

Well I guess it would depend on the ship/staff..because I noticed on my last Liberty eastern carib & western med cruises...they were strickly enforcing the rule.

I know many ships don't allow swim diapers/non potty trained children in the pool areas. I saw a compass for Indy and it says it has a Baby Splash Zone and the pools are freshwater also. Does this mean swim diapers are allowed? We are hoping to have our daughter trained by the time we sail, but her lack of interest at this point is making me hopeful that it will happen. She loves swimming and water and I would hate for her to miss out.

When our older son was almost 3, he wanted a hockey stick. We explained to him that only children who do not need diapers can have a hockey stick.

He was fully trained soon after that.

Tell your daughter about the swimming pool rules, and see what happens.

When our older son was almost 3, he wanted a hockey stick. We explained to him that only children who do not need diapers can have a hockey stick.

He was fully trained soon after that.

Tell your daughter about the swimming pool rules, and see what happens.

That's all good and well as long as your son knows he cannot take the hockey stick on a RCI cruise.:D

Maybe it's me, but I'm more worried about buzzed adults in the pool :eek:

Actually, urine is sterile unless the person has a UTI. Feces, OTOH, contain ecoli which can sicken a healthy adult and kill a small child or immune impaired adult. These selfish parents who don't feel rules should apply to them would be wise to know this.

Actually, urine is sterile unless the person has a UTI. Feces, OTOH, contain ecoli which can sicken a healthy adult and kill a small child or immune impaired adult. These selfish parents who don't feel rules should apply to them would be wise to know this.

It's been a while since my kids were in diapers, but I would think it'd be quite obvious to a parent if their child were having a BM in their swim diaper. Yikes!

It's been a while since my kids were in diapers, but I would think it'd be quite obvious to a parent if their child were having a BM in their swim diaper. Yikes!

But by then it would be too late - think fecal tea - doesn't take long for the water to seep through with ecoli.

Archived