New to Princess.Cabin selection help please

Firie159

New to Princess and considering a cruise on Caribbean Princess. Balcony cabins we are considering are C430 and L312. Any reccomendations or preference from your experience?Thanks.

No contest. Take C430. Much larger balcony. Cabins above and below you.

Great! One more Q please. In the diagram, C430 is right next to some elevators.Is there any separation of these from the cabins?

Yes. To get to the elevators, you have to enter a central, walled area, but with an opening and not a door leading to the elevators. Cabins 428 and 426 would be across from that opening. Cabin 430 would not be exposed to the elevators.

I believe what's above and below your cabin is the most important element to choose a cabin. If you are under a noisy venue like a disco or the pool . Under the pool people report hearing chairs being dragged around late at night and early in the mornings for set up. You can figure out what would be noisy (under or over a teen center) and go from their when picking a cabin. I do not care about the size of the balcony. I always get the smallest one because i want it completely covered . I don't sun bathe and i hate the heat of the afternoon sun heating up my cabin so i always stay in the aft mini suites where the balcony is covered.

L312 is the last cabin before the public space on Lido deck. You can have a lot of traffic between the stairs/elevators and Prego Pizza and the pools. We have had a cabin like C706 that opens directly to elevators and stairs and have not had a noise problem. C430 should have no issues. The 5 feet of covered balcony (45 sq ft) is the same size as an entire Lido deck balcony and you have 4 feet of additional uncovered balcony (36 sq ft). For us it would be C430 all the way.

Archived