B2b

foto451

As a great part of my expenses in a cruise is airplane tickets I thought that a back to back cruise would make sense. Like Oasis of the Seas with alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.

Can I keep the same cabin and where do I stay while the ships other passengers disembark after the first cruise's end?

Klaus

Each cruise line has different policies for how B2Bs are handled. So asking on the board for the cruise line involved in best.

Whether or not you can stay on while everyone else is getting off varies by country. For example, in the US ports, the ship must zero- all pax must get off. This is not true in most of the rest of the world.

I don't know how Royal does it, but I have done B2B cruises on HAL and Celebrity from FLL. The last night of the first leg, you get a letter in your cabin, sometimes with the SeaPass for the next segment. there will be instructions about what the procedure is the next day. You do have to get off of the ship in FLL, as they have to 'zero it down' before new passengers can board. This is done as soon as debarking passengers are all off. they will lead you as a group off of the ship, through CBP and back onboard. If you wish to get off earlier and take an excursion of go shopping in FLL, you can do that. When you return to the ship, they will have given you a 'transit pass' that allows you to avoid the lines, except at security.

It is always more convenient to book the same cabin for both legs, but I have had to change cabins a couple of times. The crew helps you to do it. EM

As a great part of my expenses in a cruise is airplane tickets I thought that a back to back cruise would make sense. Like Oasis of the Seas with alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.

Can I keep the same cabin and where do I stay while the ships other passengers disembark after the first cruise's end?

Klaus

You can stay in the same cabin for both cruises if you can book the same cabin for both cruises. Otherwise you will have to change cabins.

Klaus

Klaus, try to book the same cabin for both so you won't have to move your things to a different cabin.

On Oasis you'll just be walked thru customs on your turnaround day. Easy -- no problem. Complete info on exactly what to do and where to meet will be sent to your cabin the day before.

Nice itineraries for B2B. Plan to have a great time! :)

LuLu

~~~~~

Hi Klaus. I'm assuming that since you're from Denmark that you're not a US citizen? If that's the case, you will have things a bit different than those of us from the US. You may have to leave the ship, with the time and place told to you in a letter in your cabin the night before, and go through US Customs and Immigration. BUT, at times, the US Customs and Immigration service may be right on board and then you'll have to report to the designated room for your clearance. But even if you're cleared on board, you will have to leave the ship for a while because it has to "zero out" the passengers from the first cruise, so they can begin allowing passengers for the second cruise. Once that is done, you will be able to stay on the ship and enjoy a rather quiet morning, or you can take any of the ship tours for the day or you can go off on your own and tour the area.

Booking the same cabin can be done, but you have to book very early for that to happen. You can't wait and expect the same cabin to be available for both segments. If you do have to move, your cabin steward will help you with moving your things to the new cabin.

If you sail on the same ship the key is to book early so you can get the same cabin.

In general, when the back to back ends and begins in the USA port on the end of the first cruise those guests who are continuing on will be asked to go to a room and then will be taken off the ship together to go through customs/immigration. You can then go into port or wait in a separate area of the terminal and once the ship is cleared you will be the first group of people who can return to the ship.

In ports outside the USA you can just come and go as you please.

Keith

Thank you all. It sounds easy and all I have to do now is to find a date then. :D

And yes I live in Denmark. I am always super careful to keep relevant papers on me at all times while travelling so the procedures you describe should be no problem. The way through security in the airport in Miami was very, well thorough;) So nothing scares me anymore!

Klaus

Have a great time

We did B2B out of Miami and booked the same cabin for both legs. We got a letter to say what to do and left the ship to go shopping as we knew they cleared it down. When coming back, we did not have to line up with all those embarking either - there was a separate entrance for returning guests and we walked straight back on.

We have done quite a few back-to-back cruises. Love them.

We book them early enough that we get the same cabin for both cruises.

HAL started something new a few years ago. They now offer back-to-back cruises as a Collectors Cruise. Just one booking number and you don't have to worry about switching cabins. Too bad other cruise lines don't offer this type of deal -- makes it easier for booking.

Archived